What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia to never play outside Australia again

donny donny

Juniors
Australia Rugby League have today suggested that they will never play outside of Australia again. The Australian side which could possibly miss out on this years Four Nations Final, which is currently scheduled to be played in Wellington on 15th November, made the startling announcement early this morning.

National Rugby League CEO Dave Smith explained further "We feel that rugby league at this level should be played using the best referees in the best stadia. Upon reviewing every single stadium used for rugby league throughout the world it was quickly apparent that the Australian ones are head and shoulders above the ones overseas. From the greenness of the grass to the quality of the hot dogs sold in the stands, our grounds are far superior. International rugby league should be about quality and fairness and we would be letting our players down if we made them play on the insufficient turfs they have abroad... (read more)

When asked about the announcement, New Zealand Director of Operations Scott Carter told us the following, "I haven't seen the statement yet but I wholeheartedly agree with it, completely."

At this stage it is unclear how this will affect this years Four Nations Final, which could still feature Australia, but early reports suggest that if the World Champions qualify it will relocate to Sydney.
In further rugby league news, Australia will wear a commemorative shirt for their decisive Four Nations clash with underdogs Samoa. The black and white hooped shirt which remembers the historic victory over England in the 2014 Four Nations tournament, will come with a brown "swag" bag and a black eye mask.
http://www.newz.com/sport/2014/nov/04/autralia-to-never-play-outside-australia-again

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
This will ultimately lead to the RLIF policy of no countries playing internationals outside their home countries...

So not much a change :p

This is completely false. I have done google searches and searched on other rugby league news websites and can't find one bit your ignoring places like Headingley, Langtree Park (England), Gilbert Brutus, Avignon (France) and obvious stadiums in New Zealand.

Te Kaha

First Grade
This is completely false. I have done google searches and searched on other rugby league news websites and can't find one bit your ignoring places like Headingley, Langtree Park (England), Gilbert Brutus, Avignon (France) and obvious stadiums in New Zealand.

You could actually see the whoosh as the OP flew over your head... Satire seems to be lost on you.

Jack Deth

Juniors
Excellent post DD very funny especially the aussie commemorative shirt part...i have posted this on TotaRL i hope you dont mind donny donny

Last edited: