What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith will make a major announcement about the Titans

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
OK What Sydney clubs will be dead in 3 years as you claim?

Maybe its Sydney centric but I just think killing a club thats been around for 20 plus years in a lot different to killing a club thats been around for 6 or 7 and has struggled to get going. If any Sydney club going forwarded needed to be propped up for several years than I would be fine with letting them go aswell.

Melbourne is a club worth propping up(Ad I hate them more than most) because they are a real expansion club in area where the majority of people dont care about RL or despise it. Titans arent bringing RL to a new area they are just runing its reputation in a league 'heartland'. QLD would be so much better served by a second Brisbane team and killing the titans isnt going to bother too many people.

Edit: Going forward I am an advocate for the same rules for all clubs, shape up or die. I just get the feeling you are trying to trap me into contradicting myself with what the NRL has done in the past.

It was producing players before the Titans got there, and will continue to do so if they are no longer there. If the Raiders and Melbourne can scout, sign and develop QLDs best talent than the gold coast talent can be produced with out the titans, if they cant get there act together that is.

RL didnt show up on the GC in 2007 or 1988, that was just when the NRL and NSWRL respectively decided to expand their empires to that area...

NSWRL/NRL teams killed interest in the local comp in the same way the Knights killed the Newcastle League and the Broncos killed the BRL. This is not necessary a bad thing (the quality of the single team is a dramatic rise and the unity of the city is probably good for the game), however there is a duty for care now that the NRL has chosen to make the area their own. If they had never established a team, the GC local League would have lived on happily, but if the Titans leave now their will be a total vacuum for fans in the area.

What happens when the Perth team has a few bad years? do we kick them out and properly stamp out any RL affection?
What about Newcastle? theyve been shit since 2001, we could just drop them and see what happens...

THe fact is, if the Titans go the only way to maintain RL in the region is to massively kickup the local teams which would invariably cost much more than just keeping the Titans. That or we send the GC to "RL in Perth 1998" levels.....

oikee

Juniors
I am a businessman from Hong Kong, i have been following the NRL on sports HK and have a business meeting in Brisbane on the 25th of May, looking forward to attending a game of NRL.
Guess what, the Broncos are outta town, not a game in sight. Come-on.

Thats in quote boys, in quotes.
"Hypothetical." Hey look i never had to spell check that word. Moon doggy.

I am from Toowoomba, we all know that hopefully.

betcats

Referee
RL didnt show up on the GC in 2007 or 1988, that was just when the NRL and NSWRL respectively decided to expand their empires to that area...

Exactly, RL was there before and after the chargers and will be for the Titans if they did die it would stay there after.

NSWRL/NRL teams killed interest in the local comp in the same way the Knights killed the Newcastle League and the Broncos killed the BRL. This is not necessary a bad thing (the quality of the single team is a dramatic rise and the unity of the city is probably good for the game), however there is a duty for care now that the NRL has chosen to make the area their own. If they had never established a team, the GC local League would have lived on happily, but if the Titans leave now their will be a total vacuum for fans in the area.

What happens when the Perth team has a few bad years? do we kick them out and properly stamp out any RL affection?
What about Newcastle? theyve been shit since 2001, we could just drop them and see what happens...

THe fact is, if the Titans go the only way to maintain RL in the region is to massively kickup the local teams which would invariably cost much more than just keeping the Titans. That or we send the GC to "RL in Perth 1998" levels.....

Perth isnt a RL area, GC is a heartland as everyone keeps putting it, I would be fine with the NRL keeping a perth team going ala the Storm. The Titans arent bringing a lot of new fans in an area new to RL, if anything they are pissing off people who are already fans.

carcharias

Immortal
I am a businessman from Hong Kong, i have been following the NRL on sports HK and have a business meeting in Brisbane on the 25th of May, looking forward to attending a game of NRL.
Guess what, the Broncos are outta town, not a game in sight. Come-on.

Thats in quote boys, in quotes.
"Hypothetical." Hey look i never had to spell check that word. Moon doggy.

I am from Toowoomba, we all know that hopefully.

Importer/exporter by any chance Mr Vandelay?

5d8664cf92e4ce604998ebc905667d3186818aee1c8786b9cfd51712eead636e.jpg

betcats

Referee
I can just see Oikee at home dressing up in his old mans gear pretending to do business:

large.jpg

Oikee is the Backwards Man!

Surely

Post Whore
Took a bit of time out to cool down.
No shite to it.
This same shite happens year after year after year after year.

This code never faking changes, you get called a moron if you post something different, as apposed to the same crap that has been posted for the last faking 10 years.

You could go back to 10 years ago and these blogs would have basically the same whinging faking morons now posting the same shite.

If your going to change, you have to make the change, change what you are doing. ???

I made a change in my life, got divorced, remarried, and started to live again after changing the whole way i lived my life.
Well rugby faking league has to make the change.
Every faking day it is the same old shite on these faking blogs without one person making a change for the better.
Get your head outta yopur arses and stop talking shite.
Change the way you think because our code is making the same mistakes we made 25 faking years ago, so the shitwe you lot are posting has not helped one bit in 25 faking years. Now look in the mirror.

Are you happier with your new husband ?

oikee

Juniors
Boys boys, here is a melon kick it. Leave my head alone.
Your all having a free kick.
A total of 51,902 people attended the three games, including a capacity crowd of 17,980 at Langtree Park for the World Club Challenge between St Helens and South Sydney Rabbitohs, the respective champions of the First Utility Super League and NRL.

We will get more turn up to the opening round of Brisbane verse Bunnies.

And someone mentioned the embarrassment of Manly playing Castleford Tigers if Rusty Crowe had his way of the top 3 teams playing each other.
This is why sometimes a owner should be seen, not heard. Unlike true businessmen. ?

I love business, remember that movie, killing is my business, and business is good. ?
Love the one liners, and ocean liners.

Yes, anyhow, the blockbuster for the Broncos season opener, moon doggy, you want big crowds, world class performances, just dial 004, postcode Bris.

Anything else you guys want to know. ?
You never answered my question. The answer is true.
I did row a boat to St Helens, a little island here in Moreton Bay off Brisbane.
I was 14 at the time, me and 4 mates rowed to St Helens, and got towed home.

Lambretta

First Grade
In breaking news Greg Bird's defence is going to be future baldness

"I heard about a dude that sold good rugs, you know hair pieces. I didn't realise the bloke was saying good drugs, I swear"

oikee

Juniors
Do I have to wash the skid marks out first ?

Not if you only sniffed them. :eek:

Look, the jury must be out on Dave smith.

I am wondering weather he knows what he is doing or just faking it. (yes i mean faking not "faking hell".)

I mean look at this wanker, he obviously never had a clue of what his job role was to do.
"Queensland racing's chief integrity officer has been stood down while an internal review is conducted in the wake of investigations".
Some people just have jobs and titles because we think they are the right person for that job, when in reality they dont have a clue WTF is going on. Enter davey Boy Smith.

He has got two years to prove he is worthy, or he will be sniffing bucks fizzes undies.

oikee

Juniors
In breaking news Greg Bird's defence is going to be future baldness

"I heard about a dude that sold good rugs, you know hair pieces. I didn't realise the bloke was saying good drugs, I swear"

Good one., but the time for jokes is not upon us.
Making Bird Captain is the question we should be asking. And Myles as well, i mean WTF.
We dont ask the question "WTF" enough.
I am amazed the Titans have any fans. I would never buy into a club run like a faking basketcase.

oikee

Juniors
"Making your mind up!!"

Great song... under rated...

Yessss, i cant work out weather to speed it up,,,or slow it down,,,, trying to make my mind uppp,,,,

Classic for the kiddies of the baby boomers era.

Listen, i am now all in favour of keeping the Titans in the comp 110%.
Dave Smith just did a interview on fox and dispelled all my fears.

He needs to talk more often. He is one of the few in our code who can talk sense and get the point across.
The big issues are when he says nothing.

The Titans should now be propped up and helped to become a better club.

As for the players involved, their punishment is coming.
No good judging them on charges that have not been proven.

I am with Smithy on this, i hate drugs and anyone who takes them, having two girls myself.