What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If a player goes for money on the table he's a whore, stays for money under it a cheat, has to go because he's not wanted a bum, stays for loyalty not allowed to be rewarded as he should . . . any wonder players don't give a f**k what anyone other than their peers say as they shake hands after a game

No you dopey prat.

I said DCE is a prick for the way he has carried on the past 2 weeks. If he left but carried himself with some class and dignity then good luck to him. He has not.

Plenty of players have left Manly (or any other club for that matter) and I would not consider them pricks for doing so.

Joker's Wild

Coach
No you dopey prat.

I said DCE is a prick for the way he has carried on the past 2 weeks. If he left but carried himself with some class and dignity then good luck to him. He has not.

Plenty of players have left Manly (or any other club for that matter) and I would not consider them pricks for doing so.

lol DCE is doing what every player does, going out to meet prospective clubs and hearing what they have to offer

The fact he is a high profile player and the media want to report on his every movement is hardly his fault

Quit sooking princess

Craig Johnston

First Grade
No you dopey prat.

but you'll no doubt be booing choc tonight :lol:

POPEYE

Coach
No you dopey prat.

Geez, you're being a bit precious, I thought I was winding in slowly, maybe I should have said 'yeh, the prick's over rated anyway why would anyone pay him more than 50% of Cronk's salary

Nice Beaver

First Grade
but you'll no doubt be booing choc tonight :lol:

No sure how daylight saving works in your part of the world, but at the moment we are 1 hour behind NSW, not 1 week in advance :D

And when he plays us my oath I will boo that cretin. Not because he left, but the way he's carried on in the process.

I will never boo Glen Stewart, or Brent Kite, or Trent Hodkinson etc. Some people leave a club with class. Others don't.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Geez, you're being a bit precious, I thought I was winding in slowly, maybe I should have said 'yeh, the prick's over rated anyway why would anyone pay him more than 50% of Cronk's salary

Haha well caught :D

Anyway, stay or go, he's handled himself poorly.

lol DCE is doing what every player does, going out to meet prospective clubs and hearing what they have to offer

The fact he is a high profile player and the media want to report on his every movement is hardly his fault

Quit sooking princess

Foran is equally high profile. How many clubs have you seen him walking in and out of the past fortnight? And if reports are right, he has more clubs chasing him than DCE.

And how pray tell do you think the media know his every move? :roll:

You missed the point. But that's not surprising.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You think DCE is ringing media outlets telling him where he'll be and who he is meeting with?

lol comon

Not at all mate.

I am damn sure his manager is. If he did not want to be on the news walking in and out of clubs all he has to do is say "Hey grubby, germ agent, can you not tip off media outlets that I am going to X club tomorrow?"

Not that hard.

ceagle

Bench
If the money the Titans are reported to be offering DCE is true then Manly would be outright fools to match it. DCE as great as a player is is not worth that much of the salary cap.

Both South Sydney and the Bulldogs have shown that having a gun forward pack is more important then having gun halves because your halves ain't gonna do much if your forwards aren't making meters. I would prefer it if Manly got someone like Sezer on less then half the amount that DCE is being offered and use the rest of the money to bolster the forward pack.

Same as Parra's offer to Foran

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
If the money the Titans are reported to be offering DCE is true then Manly would be outright fools to match it. DCE as great as a player is is not worth that much of the salary cap.

Both South Sydney and the Bulldogs have shown that having a gun forward pack is more important then having gun halves because your halves ain't gonna do much if your forwards aren't making meters. I would prefer it if Manly got someone like Sezer on less then half the amount that DCE is being offered and use the rest of the money to bolster the forward pack.

Same as Parra's offer to Foran

yep, even though the halves are important to keep for you i think your forward pack needs bolstering. Keeping one of the halves would allow you guys to sign a half (Sezer e.g.) for less and then get a couple forwards and i think you guys would still be right

Craig Johnston

First Grade
No sure how daylight saving works in your part of the world, but at the moment we are 1 hour behind NSW, not 1 week in advance :D

And when he plays us my oath I will boo that cretin. Not because he left, but the way he's carried on in the process.

I will never boo Glen Stewart, or Brent Kite, or Trent Hodkinson etc. Some people leave a club with class. Others don't.

i'm where you are, and honestly thought the launch was this weekend lol wtf are they using this weekend for then?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
yep, even though the halves are important to keep for you i think your forward pack needs bolstering. Keeping one of the halves would allow you guys to sign a half (Sezer e.g.) for less and then get a couple forwards and i think you guys would still be right

OK, we'll keep Foran. Thanks :D

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Honestly I think you guys will keep DCE. And get someone like Sezer or Maloney to partner him

And put your neck out and say where you think Hoppa will end up if you're so sure

DCE is gone in my opinion. So it's either retain Foran or lose both. Very interesting to see what the next 4 days brings.

Delboy

First Grade
What's amusing is the reaction from th beaches. Fulton talking about loyalty when he took the big bucks and went to Easts and then took Packer back to Manly so the $$ didn't dry up

Arthurson raiding almost every club at a time when the Manly Leagues was big, now the dynamic has changed , it's not in the spirit of the game

Doesn't matter what happens, who leaves etc etc, Manly is not the be all and end all they are used to

ram raid

Bench
You think DCE is ringing media outlets telling him where he'll be and who he is meeting with?

lol comon

Yes I do. Well not him, but he's not naive to what's going on. Players aren't controlled by their managers. They do have a little bit of input into the situation. They're not silent passengers. They get paid more than their managers after-all. DCE and Foran have marketed themselves in completely different ways, for example. I actually can't remember a player ponying himself around like DCE has in the last week. And the timing? Why the week leading up to game 1? There's antics going on here and DCE is of his own volition showing absolute contempt for the club he plays for. I'm not sure what his angle is but there's definitely antics involved. My hunch is he's not very well liked by the players there because his sense of entitlement was what started the fallout in the first place. Perhaps he feels like he should have been remunerated more for leading Manly to a gf win in his debut season on a plumbers wage? Maybe he's right to feel that way, I don't know about all the politics in the Manly playing group, but if you think there's not games being played here you're obtuse! Foran's and Foran's manager are playing games with the media too, but I suspect it's a counter-strike against Evans. We'll see. I missed Days of Our Lives today so thanks Manly, this more than makes up for it!

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What's amusing is the reaction from th beaches. Fulton talking about loyalty when he took the big bucks and went to Easts and then took Packer back to Manly so the $$ didn't dry up

Arthurson raiding almost every club at a time when the Manly Leagues was big, now the dynamic has changed , it's not in the spirit of the game

Doesn't matter what happens, who leaves etc etc, Manly is not the be all and end all they are used to

Yeah it is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts