What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 SG Ball and Harold Matts (junior rep news)

KAB

Juniors
Well, the teams are up. That only means one thing footy starts this weekend. Good luck to all boys that play.Congratulations to the Centurion boys that have now been selected into NYC squads, from various NRL club, to name a few West tigers, Manly, Newcastle, And Roosters well done boys. Can't wait to see what this pops up in this years comp.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Well, the teams are up. That only means one thing footy starts this weekend. Good luck to all boys that play.Congratulations to the Centurion boys that have now been selected into NYC squads, from various NRL club, to name a few West tigers, Manly, Newcastle, And Roosters well done boys. Can't wait to see what this pops up in this years comp.

Hey mate, did young Sharpie make a NYC side?

KAB

Juniors
Hey mate, did young Sharpie make a NYC side?
As far as I know he is playing at Wyong Roos training in there NSW Cup, I would have thought a club would have picked him up. He played in there 19's last year and won the grand final and backed up for first at Fullback and won them game with 60m effort.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As far as I know he is playing at Wyong Roos training in there NSW Cup, I would have thought a club would have picked him up. He played in there 19's last year and won the grand final and backed up for first at Fullback and won them game with 60m effort.

Pity, I believe NRL clubs are not looking for the brillant "billy slater" types anymore but the oversized GI type. Their lose.

Similar to my bloke but he was picked up by a club although he is training in a different position from his junior rep and club position.

Maybe, Sharpie can work his way into the NRL via the Wyong Roos.

Forty20

First Grade
Harold Matts

Parra defeated the Roosters 44-12

SG Ball

Parra defeated the Roosters 34-20

girvie

Staff member
Some results from Round 1

HAROLD MATTHEWS:
Parramatta 44 def. Sydney Roosters 12
Western Suburbs Magpies 32 def. St George 4
Norths 10 drew with Western Sydney Academy of Sport 10
Manly Warringah 30 def. South West Sydney Academy of Sport 18
Penrth 18 def. Canberra 10
Canterbury 34 def. Newcastle 18
Balmain 34 def. Central Coast 10

SG BALL:
Manly Warringah 50 def. West Coast Pirates 8
Norths 36 drew with Western Sydney Academy of Sport 36
St George 32 def. Western Suburbs 16
Parramatta 34 def. Sydney Roosters 20

KAB

Juniors
balmain smashed the centurions in ball 58 / 8 guess thats whats happens when you pick a team on size not potential
I would have to say your correct, none of those coast players turned up today except the two that played for The Tigers. I'm sure there will be plenty of changes for next week, I would expect. Oh yeah the score would have been more if they kicked the goals. Good luck boys.

chopped liver

Juniors
I would have to say your correct, none of those coast players turned up today except the two that played for The Tigers. I'm sure there will be plenty of changes for next week, I would expect. Oh yeah the score would have been more if they kicked the goals. Good luck boys.
think its gunna be a long year kab not sure the roosters will be happy with the contracted kids possibly done on coach/club lines

KAB

Juniors
hey kab any pressure on the ball coach to resign due to nepotism re mates
Wow, I have know idea. You may need to ask him, do reckon he gave favours to players because there his mateS with their families. I'm a spectator with interest in players on the coast, not interested in this rubbish, you can't win footy with loads of mistakes. You would have to agree some of those boys didn't play to their potential today.
But it's only round one.

chopped liver

Juniors
no worries kab only sometimes rubbish like this causes internal problems seems strange how many of the most succesfull coast side ever harold matts semi finalists 2013 are gone i realise things change but most of the side is gone

KAB

Juniors
no worries kab only sometimes rubbish like this causes internal problems seems strange how many of the most succesfull coast side ever harold matts semi finalists 2013 are gone i realise things change but most of the side is gone
Yes most of the except from what I believe about 4. Some are not playing footy at all. This then even opens the door for others. It's only 9 week comp. coaches can't play for them players have to turn up. You see this at NRL.

MOONUNIT

Juniors
4 rounds into the sg ball season and the cc centurions sit in last place,people on the coast were telling me that this was going to be a better year because of the involvement of the roosters and wyong, thing s appear to be the same,maybe the roosters need to have more say in the appointment of coaches for a start