What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2014/15 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Over to you Delboy

CAcD1R4U0AAdS6A.png

oldmancraigy

Coach
Disclaimer: I don't much care for either mob.

Gronk, it's a bit harsh to put it all on Abbott (ok, so his words are laughably stupid - again!). But there hasn't been a great deal they (Libs) have been able to DO about the alleged 'debt and deficit disaster'. There is little doubt that the curve was set in motion by Rudd, illustrated below:

australia-government-debt-to-gdp.png

Abbott stepped up to the plate 2013, and the measures his party attempted to put in place are yet to pass. So to point the finger solely at them is silly. Ok, I would agree that maybe their policies are too stupid to pass, and that they need to find better ones? But there is surely SOME truth to the 'debt and deficit disaster' - extrapolate the graph yourself, it isn't heading in a good direction is it?

There must be some measures put in place, are $60k university degrees the answer? Is charging Granny $7 to see the GP a good idea?

Right idea (fix debt), wrong solutions? And yes, hilarious contradiction in position!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey, that graph is kind of fun! If you visit the site that graph is on, (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/government-debt-to-gdp) you can add all kinds of other comparisons and have fun with it. I checked how NZ debt to GDP is going and got the following:

Interesting that they managed to turn it around!

Then I checked the Albanian unemployment rate, as compared to our debt to GDP

I think I can see why Tony is worried. If Albanian unemployment is going to spiral out of control, who can save our debt :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah a new strategy to combat a fall in revenue is obvious. I was merely making light of how the debt and deficit has increased but is now apparently manageable.

Nothing to see here, move along people.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Both sides have sensible ideas to fix our debt/budget issue but until they are willing to work together nothing will ever be solved.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yeah a new strategy to combat a fall in revenue is obvious. I was merely making light of how the debt and deficit has increased but is now apparently manageable.

Nothing to see here, move along people.

Oh I love the joke. Was just trying to undercut Delboy's rage by presenting a non-aggressive counter argument :)

Gronk

Staff member
Is there one single reason why posting this today is at all necessary ? Yet another example of how uncompassionate the far right of the LNP are. WTF ?

CAg7t8bUUAAtZk_.png

bartman

Immortal
Always a shame to lose an ex-PM, regardless of the team he played for at the time.

Fraser seemed more at peace with his views in later life than those he held in his earlier career, so hopefully he carried few burdens into whatever comes next. RIP.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is there one single reason why posting this today is at all necessary ? Yet another example of how uncompassionate the far right of the LNP are. WTF ?

CAg7t8bUUAAtZk_.png

Yet another generalisation from Gronk.

P.S. You are right about Piers being a penis for his comments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.