What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

A lot better.
He runs the ball a lot stronger from the 5/8 position. Milford's running game is only suited to broken play.
He's a much better defender.
His passing game is arguably better, and his kicking game is no worse than the other two.
He's also tougher.

I'm happy he's our 5/8 ahead of Milford (a fullback). The Tigers picked the wrong player.

POPEYE

Coach
He's a natural controller which is more important than anything else in a 5/8 . . . ask the Warriors

Noname36

First Grade
Obviously. Moses could still go one way or the other and Milford is a terrible 5/8.

Kiwi

First Grade
Give it a year and both will surpass Austin easily. I like Austin, he is a good player, not a great one, but a good one. It's not surprising Raider fans are crowing right now, considering they have had nothing to cheer about for some time now.

typicalfan

Coach
Milford will be the better 5/8. He is 2 months older than Moses but already on the fringe of origin.

5/8 doesn't come easy but it will happen.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Everywhere Austin has gone he has been well rated by his club supporters, I'm not sure if either younger players will surpass him, he's not only consistent but he also has the same enigma that the younger 2 offer as potential

Incorrect

Coach
Both Milford and Moses are dishing up NSW/Q Cup brand of footy in the #6 at the moment while Austin is one of the form 6's in the NRL. He plays tough, he plays enthusiastically, he's got a good all round skills base and he would be a better option, on form right now, than Maloney or Josh Reynolds for NSW. Keary still a little too raw and slight IMO to throw in to Origin yet

Dare I use the phrase? I will..... Austin looks "like an Origin player" a la Ennis and all those others we heard it abot in the past (even if Ennis' Origin career wasn't all that memorable)....

gronkathon

First Grade
Very different points on their development path.

Austin is one of the few players I am happy WT let go. We needed to make a call on our long term direction and we could have held Blake for another year but we let him go to earn better money and have a chance at a starting job. He is a really great guy and deserves it

Walt Flanigan

Referee
After watching Campese plod around the field and too scared to run, Austin looks like the second coming of Laurie Daley.

TiggaPlease

Couldn't agree more. Austin should have been given an upgraded contract and Moses should have been told he had to fight for the 6 jersey from NSW Cup. Moses still looks a couple of years off, Austin is there now.

Bloody Tigers recruitment and retention....

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I've been really pleased with Austin. While He hasn't been perfect he continues to grow in the role; I can't remember him having a full season as an nrl 5/8 yet.

Also good that all indications are he is a good bloke off the field who is proactive with his community work.

Good guy, shame we couldn't have kept him on for another year, but if he wasn't going to get a fair dinkum run it wasn't fair to keep him on.

Moses is still very green and could be anything.

legend

Coach
Actually, Austin is very green too! :)

I'm not entirely sold on Austin just yet. Has a few mistakes in his game but looks to be gaining in confidence on a week to week basis.

Latest posts