What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
It does explain why Morgan was named on the wing last week - can't name Gordon at fullback with Robinson on the wing if Gordon isn't at the club yet - but Gordon was hopeful of turning out for the Eels last start.
Nicely spotted, that makes a bit more sense now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We really looking to sign up Peni before Pauli???? Penny bar last week has been pretty good this year but he will never be more than a handy bench player.

We really looking to sign up Peni before Pauli???? Penny bar last week has been pretty good this year but he will never be more than a handy bench player.

The timing of re-signing a player (and in fact whether they get re-signed) depends on the intentions of both sides of the deal, and that of alternate employers. Despite his potential, and the fact that he is big and people get excited by that, Pauli hasn't actually done much yet (other than get injured). If another club wants to pay him a hefty contract, you can at least understand why we haven't rushed to sign him.

emjaycee

Coach
The timing of re-signing a player (and in fact whether they get re-signed) depends on the intentions of both sides of the deal, and that of alternate employers. Despite his potential, and the fact that he is big and people get excited by that, Pauli hasn't actually done much yet (other than get injured). If another club wants to pay him a hefty contract, you can at least understand why we haven't rushed to sign him.

But but but he is one of our juniors so we have to keep him Barry.

Gronk

Staff member
Big bopper Pauli has a chance to prove today that he can mix it with real deal big boppers.

hindy111

Post Whore
Terepo is 23. Would not cost a BOMB. And we are short of PROPS next year.
Currently Lussick-Fa'asso and Peni are off contract.And there is none coming thru under 20's Twal might be considered a year later.
That only leaves Alvaro and Lassallo at Wenty who will never make first grade in the future.
I would rather PAULI then Peni too.Much more potential. But you do have all our second rowers signed up for next year.
Throw Beau Scott into the mix along with the return of KE plus ALIOIA is graduating too Wenty next season and will also be an option. Thats + 3. If we where desperate Nelson could also fill in.

Compare that PROP where we will be - 2 guys its clear what area we are short.

I would like to try and release Seph and Nelson and use that money to sign PAULI. Id imagine Nelson and Seph's money combined would be around 300-350k. That money would of been enough to secure Pauli and ALIAOI IMO. And these are the type of guys you want in wenty-Young and pushing for first grade.

If the clubs smart this is what they will try and do!!

hindy111

Post Whore
True.

What does the club do if he can't?
Let him go or re-sign him?

I want too see Pauli remain at our club.But unless he becomes a prop -

watmough-gower-Scott-Manu-Tepai-Seph-Alioia-KE-Nelson.
Thats 9 guys under contract who can fill in the edge forward role. You could also make a case for Takarangai and Matterson.

Its just too many guys there.I understand if we do not resign him-Thou i hope we do.At the expense of Seph and NElson - MAKE IT HAPPEN

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
TheRam's academy:

877383-9c7feab2-d72f-11e3-95ae-9151c7cd2575.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
list your top 25 Pou. I only get 24 including Nelson.Matterson might be no 25?

Challenge accepted.

Definites (22 merkins):
Champion
De Gois
Edwards
Fa'aoso
Gower
Hopoate
Lussick
Mannah
Ma'u
Morgan
Norman
Paulo
Paulo
Peats
Radradra
Robinson
Sandow
Takairangi
Terepo
Toutai
Watmough
Wicks

Possibles:
Crooks
Faraimo
Folau
Goodall
Lavaka
Matterson
Moeroa
Pauli
Pritchard

I've chosen these nine as possibles based on the circumstances of their signing/re-signing (basically the timing, as well as where they were signed from). Anyway, three of them would also be in the top 25.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I doubt we'd be looking at an expensive one.

Probably a cheapie back up that's better than Kelly.

The money will be spent on a fullback and some other backs I'd say.

I like the look of Townsend though and I think he would really compliment foran. With Norman out the back. I.really like Norman in the halves I'm just not sure he's the right partner for Foran
I think we'll lack direction with that pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts