What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noise

Coach
Sandow's defence has gotten worse. Maybe that's Watmough's fault?

Have you got anything to back that up? With a similar amount of games played (to match sample sizes of course) last year Sandow was averaging 4.7 missed tackles a game

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/06/01/best-worst-nrl-defensive-halfbacks-year/

This year Fox sports has him at 31 missed tackles in 9 games. 3.4 misses a game. That looks like he is a better defender to me compared with last year.

NRL Live stats has him missing 4 tackles a game this year. Either way the numbers don't show he is getting worse.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
It pisses me off to hear Arthur tell everyone how proud of the boys he is, Brad any other team would have hammered this mob by 30, so please stop treating us like dumb asses whilst trying to cover ur own.

Noise

Coach
It pisses me off to hear Arthur tell everyone how proud of the boys he is, Brad any other team would have hammered this mob by 30, so please stop treating us like dumb asses whilst trying to cover ur own.

:lol: Did he really say that? He is entering into Ricky Stuart comment land. We were f**king terrible yesterday.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really? So if somebody who worked for / with you for 10 years and was a really good employee / co-worker, they should be able to publish a book in which they make (apparently) untrue and derogatory claims about you? You can sue them for defamation all you like, but that doesn't eliminate the damage.

Certainly an interesting way of viewing the world.
who knows if it is defamation??? Fui's word against Arthur'z. Can you be sued for that??? Why is Fui's version wrong??? I did agree Arthur made the correct call dropping him and it looks like sour grapes.The club would come out looking really good suing an all time favourite and bloke who put everything into over 200 games for the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well we are now last and favourites for the spoon.
9/10 games the other team has scored first. Surely that is some sort of record.

Im worried that that straw that broke the camels backs was yesterday. I reckon we could see some trouncings now. The 30-0, 40-0 and even a few 50s.
We really need to hold it together till rnd 13 and Foran over the line. I reckon a few 40-0 beltings and he will have second thoughts.Especially if manly string 3-4 games together.
With the panthers coming up this could get ugly.

who knows if it is defamation??? Fui's word against Arthur'z. Can you be sued for that??? Why is Fui's version wrong??? I did agree Arthur made the correct call dropping him and it looks like sour grapes.The club would come out looking really good suing an all time favourite and bloke who put everything into over 200 games for the club.

They'll only be granted an injunction if they have evidence that their story is true and that the material is potentially defamatory. If the club granted him additional leave there will documentary evidence of that, so no it won't come down to Brad's word against Fui's. I ask you again, how would you feel if someone wrote something untrue about you, and which questioned your integrity / character or professionalism, and decided to publish it in a book? Would you say, oh well he's given me great service for 10 years, let him let rip? Note, the article is badly written...the club cannot impose an injunction, they apply to the court for an injunction and the court decide on the matter.

It's not beyond possibility that the ghost writer has sexed up the story somewhat to boost sales.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm disappointed we lost, but given our shit sandwich of a roster, I'm amazed we levelled the scores and went to Golden Point tbh.

We were not good enough, but I was pleased to see we didn't roll over and give up. True - we need wins, not platitudes. But this team 18 months ago would have lost by 50.

It's very frustrating, but they gave it their all and, sadly, the team just isn't good enough yet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They'll only be granted an injunction if they have evidence that their story is true and that the material is potentially defamatory. If the club granted him additional leave there will documentary evidence of that, so no it won't come down to Brad's word against Fui's. I ask you again, how would you feel if someone wrote something untrue about you, and which questioned your integrity / character or professionalism, and decided to publish it in a book? Would you say, oh well he's given me great service for 10 years, let him let rip? Note, the article is badly written...the club cannot impose an injunction, they apply to the court for an injunction and the court decide on the matter.

It's not beyond possibility that the ghost writer has sexed up the story somewhat to boost sales.
Fair enough Baz, just think the club can't really win no matter.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm disappointed we lost, but given our shit sandwich of a roster, I'm amazed we levelled the scores and went to Golden Point tbh.

We were not good enough, but I was pleased to see we didn't roll over and give up. True - we need wins, not platitudes. But this team 18 months ago would have lost by 50.

It's very frustrating, but they gave it their all and, sadly, the team just isn't good enough yet.

They where missing there star fullback - tomkins- Manu-Hurrell- They lost there best forward Hoffman and then there hooker luleai so where down to 15 men.
They had 5 starters out of there team that i know off the top of my head.
We where at home, never should of lost IMO

Chipmunk

Coach
Well we are now last and favourites for the spoon.
9/10 games the other team has scored first. Surely that is some sort of record.

Im worried that that straw that broke the camels backs was yesterday. I reckon we could see some trouncings now. The 30-0, 40-0 and even a few 50s.
We really need to hold it together till rnd 13 and Foran over the line. I reckon a few 40-0 beltings and he will have second thoughts.Especially if manly string 3-4 games together.
With the panthers coming up this could get ugly.

I think your probably right here.

We need to win 10 from 14 with only 4 more games at Pirtek. I dare say our aspirations for a Top 8 finish are dead in the water.

Chipmunk

Coach

What are your thoughts on our roster for next year? Do you think just Foran and Scott are going to be enough to turn things around?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have you got anything to back that up? With a similar amount of games played (to match sample sizes of course) last year Sandow was averaging 4.7 missed tackles a game

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/06/01/best-worst-nrl-defensive-halfbacks-year/

This year Fox sports has him at 31 missed tackles in 9 games. 3.4 misses a game. That looks like he is a better defender to me compared with last year.

NRL Live stats has him missing 4 tackles a game this year. Either way the numbers don't show he is getting worse.

Observation tells me he is getting worse. His most recent stats back it up as well.

Sandow defensive stats:
vs Melbourne
13 tackles 1 ineffective 6 missed
vs Brisbane
15 tackles 1 ineffective 5 missed
vs Newcastle
14 tackles 1 ineffective 2 missed (good stats but this was the game where he just allowed Leilua to run straight past him)
vs Gold Coast
9 tackles 0 ineffective 1 missed
vs Wests
10 tackles 1 ineffective 9 missed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol: Did he really say that? He is entering into Ricky Stuart comment land. We were f**king terrible yesterday.

Our effort was excellent yesterday for the most part. We just have a couple of lazy/stupid defenders letting us down (Terepo, Moeroa, Pauli).

Watmough was very good. I'd be tempted to play him for 80 minutes and just tell him not to waste juice running the ball.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our effort was excellent yesterday for the most part. We just have a couple of lazy/stupid defenders letting us down (Terepo, Moeroa, Pauli).

Watmough was very good. I'd be tempted to play him for 80 minutes and just tell him not to waste juice running the ball.

And yet we only let in two tries yesterday. One on manu's side too.

Watched Watmough more closely yesterday - agree he is very good in defence, has good line speed and works hard. Scott next year with Foran will even further strengthen our defence.

Noise

Coach

Our effort was good. But effort only gets you so far. You need possession. Our handling was f**king terrible...again. It is not improving at all.

Noise

Coach
Observation tells me he is getting worse. His most recent stats back it up as well.

Sandow defensive stats:
vs Melbourne
13 tackles 1 ineffective 6 missed
vs Brisbane
15 tackles 1 ineffective 5 missed
vs Newcastle
14 tackles 1 ineffective 2 missed (good stats but this was the game where he just allowed Leilua to run straight past him)
vs Gold Coast
9 tackles 0 ineffective 1 missed
vs Wests
10 tackles 1 ineffective 9 missed

If you pull out his individual stats from last years games they will be worse. Hence his higher missed tackle rate last year. Overall he has improved his defence this year.

Last edited:

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
They where missing there star fullback - tomkins- Manu-Hurrell- They lost there best forward Hoffman and then there hooker luleai so where down to 15 men.
They had 5 starters out of there team that i know off the top of my head.
We where at home, never should of lost IMO

100 percent, never ceases to amaze me that people can still find positives after countless and countless shitttt performances and seasons, quite sad really that it had come to this due to our inaffectiveness? year in year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.