What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.S Quint

Coach
That shot at the end where the guy raises his hands and everyone's eyes open.
Brilliant.

Just keeps looking at Jon like, "How you like this, bitch! I'm comin' for ya."

Parra

Referee
Agreed. With limited screen time each season these guys make some strange choices.

Enjoyed the homage to Ray Harryhausen.

Danish

Referee
Is it explained anywhere why water is kryptonite to the army of the dead? I mean they just straight up face planted off a 100m cliff and were fine, why couldn't they just follow them out to the ships? Their boat was only in like 6 feet of water judging by the giant walking passed them. That's not just this show though, water always seems to be treated as like "bar" in a game of tips for heroes facing monsters

Other than that it was a pretty awesome scene. Given the shows rep for killing any main character at any time epic battles actually include much more tension as you can never truly know who is going to make it out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That shot at the end where the guy raises his hands and everyone's eyes open.
Brilliant.

Just keeps looking at Jon like, "How you like this, bitch! I'm comin' for ya."

shame he couldn't do that for Ygritte

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is it explained anywhere why water is kryptonite to the army of the dead? I mean they just straight up face planted off a 100m cliff and were fine, why couldn't they just follow them out to the ships? Their boat was only in like 6 feet of water judging by the giant walking passed them. That's not just this show though, water always seems to be treated as like "bar" in a game of tips for heroes facing monsters

Other than that it was a pretty awesome scene. Given the shows rep for killing any main character at any time epic battles actually include much more tension as you can never truly know who is going to make it out.

I just assumed it was because skeletons cant float.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I don't know. Maybe they don't like the wet... At least that's a bit more realistic than skeletal hands punching holes through 2 ft thick timber posts... Why write in something so ridiculous? Why not just have them horde and flood over the wall with pure force of numbers?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Awesome episode, poor old Jorah.

Tyrion being the hand will be very interesting in the next season or so.

Danish

Referee
I just assumed it was because skeletons cant float.

There were thousands of the f**kers though. Given they don't need to breathe they could just pile on top of each other to build essentially a sandbank made of skeletons, much like what they eventually did to get over the wall.

I do tend to overthink these things a bit at times though. I mean its a bit stupid to argue the logic of how an army of undead skeleton warriors should or shouldn't be limited :lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
Yeah, I agree. Can scale mountains, dig underground, unbeatable yet scared of melted ice? That's a bit of a stretch.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think it's similar to why the white walker spared a guy in the first scene of the first episode, they want to spread fear. They showed jon snow their power and they let him go to spread the fear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts