What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
I couldnt give a shit if foran backflips. I still think he is massively overpaid and overrated and no better than our own Norman. We should go for Hodgkinson who would do a great job and go after a couple of quality backs with forans money.

I just dont want Sandow re signed cause that will be the WOOOOORST possible outcome.

I'm not totally against that idea.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
In principle agreed, but marriages f**k up and terms can go awry too.

Due diligence is great but regardless of what the history is, arrangements can be twisted down the line for the purpose of f**king over and ransacking the 1st parties who entered such an agreement with good intentions only to become innocent victims.

Are you not aware that this shit goes on big-time and the fact that the law mostly fully endorses such tactics because they reap plenty of $$$$ out of such such rape, pillage and plunder?

due dilligence and general governance isn't about "winning" or "losing" this situation, it's about not looking a complete shambles long term

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Are you being serious Casper?

Can you enlighten me on why you are relating today's news in which a player has signed a contract for Season 2016 on the board that was removed in April 2013? I'll tell ya, absolutely sweet FA.

There was a stuff up with DCE and the Titans but you dont see people blaming Michael Searle for it?

Zero accountability, that's what it's called.

Acknowledge or Accept the stuff up made & ensure the fans that Foran is coming no matter what rubbish has been said, stated or made.

Generally speaking, there is a negative agenda going on here in this thread that goes back years and years and it embraces a group of perpetrators and it also taints others with the same brush when really there is no connection between what happened in the past (the agenda) and with what is happening now.

I agree that Sharp & co have to take full-responsibility for what has happened with Seward. So lets wait and see what they release to the media in the near future.
Removing Seward is at least one step in the right clean-up direction.
Confronting Foran and co over the Seward tainted contract is another good direction.

Suitman

Post Whore
rubbish

that's the CEO's job

In reality, yes, and ordinarily, I would place trust in a CEO that has been appointed to do these deals and make these decisions.
But this was the biggest player deal in the club's history.
With the way things are at the Eels at the moment (salary cap issues, NRL breathing down our neck etc.....), don't you at least think the Chairman would want to cast an eye over the deal before it is signed off?

Suity

Delboy

First Grade
If and when mud is thrown at the Eels, I always look for the fingerprints of a failed emperor . Funnily, these journos have good links in that direction

Coincidence , ummm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I couldnt give a shit if foran backflips. I still think he is massively overpaid and overrated and no better than our own Norman. We should go for Hodgkinson who would do a great job and go after a couple of quality backs with forans money.

I just dont want Sandow re signed cause that will be the WOOOOORST possible outcome.
:lol: Hokdo is chasing 750k plus, Foran is twice the player he is.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i've not been one to get involved in the current anti/pro-sharp debates, and i can't stand fitzy as much as the next bloke, but one thing i remember very well from fitzy's era is that overton NEVER got involved....so why is sharp? maybe the nrl needs to jet in someone with a track record that the board simply have no choice but to trust, i seriously doubt they can find someone of that calibre on their own at the moment

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In reality, yes, and ordinarily, I would place trust in a CEO that has been appointed to do these deals and make these decisions.
But this was the biggest player deal in the club's history.
With the way things are at the Eels at the moment (salary cap issues, NRL breathing down our neck etc.....), don't you at least think the Chairman would want to cast an eye over the deal before it is signed off?

Suity
This x 10000000000000000. Anyone who thinks otherwise are nothing but an apologist or like Casper off with the pixies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
how can he be only in it for the money if he takes less elsewhere due to principle?

what are you smoking?

no one would begrudge him for telling us to get f**ked

Who says he will get less money??

Earning the $$$$ promised/guranteed, Foran can stay and play top class 6 or 7 for the next four seasons with no bullshit back doors in place to opt out.

What is wrong with that?

How unfair will that be to Brad Arthur & co building up a squad around Foran to win a premiership if Foran chucked it in after the first or second season?

It's what we all want.

What is wrong with contractual certainty in place with generous consideration remunerated?

How do you feel Brad Arthur will feel, and others, if Foran, during the first or second season, took the opportunity to use a piss-weak excuse to leave the club because of even better opportunities presented to him?

What about all the Eels fans and members, staff and other squad members? How will it look to them?

F**k that, I'd rather not have him here.

I'm all for what SS, DA & BA are doing here with this matter.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Craig, the one thing that Sharp stands for, is that the Eels must improve and go forward

Not helped by the clowns that constantly backstab and believe they were "born to rule"

Let's give him the opportunity to succeed now he has a board that is elected supporting him, not the alliance of haters that have hung around for the past 3/4 years

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Who says he will get less money??

Earning the $$$$ promised/guranteed, Foran can stay and play top class 6 or 7 for the next four seasons with no bullshit back doors in place to opt out.

What is wrong with that?

How unfair will that be to Brad Arthur & co building up a squad around Foran to win a premiership.

It's what we all want.

What is wrong with contractual certainty in place with generous consideration remunerated?

How do you feel Brad Arthur will feel, and others, if Foran during the first or second season took the opportunity use a piss-weak excuse to leave the club because of even better opportunities?

What about all the Eels fans and members, staff and other squad members? How will it look to them?

f**k that, I'd rather not have him here.

I'm all for what SS, DA & BA are doing with this matter.

here's an idea....back yourself to get your shit together.

i'd rather our club get sorted....again LONG TERM

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Craig, the one thing that Sharp stands for, is that the Eels must improve and go forward

Not helped by the clowns that constantly backstab and believe they were "born to rule"

Let's give him the opportunity to succeed now he has a board that is elected supporting him, not the alliance of haters that have hung around for the past 3/4 years

put his hand up for ceo if he wants to get hands on, the board is there for LONG TERM strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.