What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Craig, the one thing that Sharp stands for, is that the Eels must improve and go forward

Not helped by the clowns that constantly backstab and believe they were "born to rule"

Let's give him the opportunity to succeed now he has a board that is elected supporting him, not the alliance of haters that have hung around for the past 3/4 years

Why are you not on the board?

This is not a joke.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
here's an idea....back yourself to get your shit together.

i'd rather our club get sorted....again LONG TERM

Love the way you divert from the subject to make things personal.
Piss weak attitude there Craig.

The subject we are debating has nothing to do with my private life and never should have. :D

Your version of reality has no relevance to Sharpe and co. You have an opinion and good on you for sharing that but I don't agree with it. As far as I am concerned Sharp and co are not running away from the sorting out of all the issues that need to be sorted so that our club can be very successful on the field again for many years to come. They have made it clear that they dream for our club to be very successful over these next few years. They have two years to both get their acts together and deliver the goods.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Talking sport put a call at the club to get someone on about this matter and we're told 'no one is available tonight'.... Wtf???? Is Josh Drayton kidding himself??
We had a golden opportunity to get on the front foot and have Ando or Sharp out there to say Yes!!! There's an issue but it will get resolved and KF will be at the club next year, but instead we give them more ammo and speculation to throw at us...
I'm continually told by people at other club that we're the running joke of the league, this just about proves it ...
I'm sick of this shit..

IFR33K

Coach
Were u guys sick of this shit when Roy had a get out clause for RS???

If Foran still wants to come here he will. If it's all about KF then he can go elsewhere.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Talking sport put a call at the club to get someone on about this matter and we're told 'no one is available tonight'.... Wtf???? Is Josh Drayton kidding himself??
We had a golden opportunity to get on the front foot and have Ando or Sharp out there to say Yes!!! There's an issue but it will get resolved and KF will be at the club next year, but instead we give them more ammo and speculation to throw at us...
I'm continually told by people at other club that we're the running joke of the league, this just about proves it ...
I'm sick of this shit..

They already put a statement out, refer to Gronk's post.
They probably were directed to the annoucement/comment with nothing else to be discussed ("no comment") until the matter is resolved shortly (hopefully).

Avenger

Immortal
My thoughts:

At the moment I can't see a need for the Chairman to respond seeing that we have an acting CEO. There seems to be way too many chiefs and not enough Indians in our set up. If I were in charge I would make it a rule that only one person speaks to the media. Sharp isn't even in a fulltime position at the club yet he makes the majority of pubic statements. Whether you like Denis Fitzgerald or not at least you knew who the boss was. I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Alan Overton spoke to the media.

Now it seems to be a free for all and you wonder why there are leaks. Their governance and management process is so amateur, that it is embarrasing. The CEO should only speak to the media.

I don't think it will fall over, but if Foran reneges (which I would not blame him for seeing that management were so stupid to allow it in the first place) I would accept the fact that the NRL must take control of the board and that the current board should all stand down, Sharp included.

End of story.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I am confident Foz will be with us next season. If he wanted to walk, he would of done it by now.

This will get sorted....

P.S. Jake, stfu. You're a dribbler.

Bigfella

Coach
The main thing you have missed Colonel is that the people who have been bagging me for criticising Seward now firmly agree that everything is his fault.

The board are beyond reproach though, so nothing has changed there.

why can't we get good businessmen to run for board? Look at other clubs, Roosters board has some every successful businessmen on it and they run smooth as silk.
Never hear any drama's anywhere near the ball park of what happens at our club.
So why won't any run for the board at our club? is it the constant smear campaigns every election, the constant leaks to the media?

Stagger eel

Staff member
They already put a statement out, refer to Gronk's post.
They probably were directed to the annoucement/comment with nothing else to be discussed ("no comment") until the matter is resolved shortly (hopefully).

Oh whoopie f**kin Doo....the statement left you wanting to asking more questions...fmd!! We are a shit hole

IFR33K

Coach
why can't we get good businessmen to run for board? Look at other clubs, Roosters board has some every successful businessmen on it and they run smooth as silk.
Never hear any drama's anywhere near the ball park of what happens at our club.
So why won't any run for the board at our club? is it the constant smear campaigns every election, the constant leaks to the media?

Roy?????:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Incorrect

Coach
My thoughts:

At the moment I can't see a need for the Chairman to respond seeing that we have an acting CEO. There seems to be way too many chiefs and not enough Indians in our set up. If I were in charge I would make it a rule that only one person speaks to the media. Sharp isn't even in a fulltime position at the club yet he makes the majority of pubic statements. Whether you like Denis Fitzgerald or not at least you knew who the boss was. I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Alan Overton spoke to the media.

Now it seems to be a free for all and you wonder why there are leaks. Their governance and management process is so amateur, that it is embarrasing. The CEO should only speak to the media.

I don't think it will fall over, but if Foran reneges (which I would not blame him for seeing that management were so stupid to allow it in the first place) I would accept the fact that the NRL must take control of the board and that the current board should all stand down, Sharp included.

End of story.

Phew!

I'm glad it's all over!

Status
Not open for further replies.