What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Frenchman will join the NRL

No piss taken from me. I know that most of the people on this board don't watch the Catalans so they wouldn't know anything about French players.

Actually the best value for money in France is hooker Eloi Pelissier, a livewire who would walk into many NRL sides if they had seen him play. Another up and coming star is the big and speedy 18 year old winger Fouad Yaha, who is being compared to Eric Grothe Snr.

No piss taken from me. I know that most of the people on this board don't watch the Catalans so they wouldn't know anything about French players.

Actually the best value for money in France is hooker Eloi Pelissier, a livewire who would walk into many NRL sides if they had seen him play. Another up and coming star is the big and speedy 18 year old winger Fouad Yaha, who is being compared to Eric Grothe Snr.

Yeah he'd be much better than those Frenchmen who command million dollar a year contracts

wittyfan

Referee
Great signing for the Panthers just when the 5 year plan was starting to look a bit wobbly.

Here is a glimpse of Fouad Yaha and Benjamin Garcia from May.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/sltv?uWwh2t7Q3d8#

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
Love that siggy Albert, haha.

I read on Wikipedia that France has 20,000 Juniors, similar numbers to NZ.

Why are we not tapping that?

Spot On

Coach
Don't be a smart aleck. This guy Benjamin Garcia is a hot property right now and Phil Gould would not have bought him without getting very good evaluations from people he trusts.

I predict that he will make a solid mark on the NRL within one year.

What happened to that Roosters winger Nene Macdonald you were touting as the next rugby league superstar?????

What happened to that Roosters winger Nene Macdonald you were touting as the next rugby league superstar?????

He is not French, but Papua-New Guinean. He is now playing in the centres for the Titans and did very well on debut last weekend.

Nene is a quality player. He left the Roosters because he knew that in 2016 with Shaun Kenny-Dowell holding one wing spot, and the expensive English import Joe Burgess (from Wigan) probably holding down the other, and stars Michael Jennings and Blake Ferguson certainties in the centre positions, he would be well advised to find another club if he wanted to cement a first grade place.

Love that siggy Albert, haha.

I read on Wikipedia that France has 20,000 Juniors, similar numbers to NZ.

Why are we not tapping that?

You tell me and we will both know.

France probably has 20,000 players at all levels, but not 20,000 juniors.

At least Phil Gould has the brains to do some tapping.

But as I say hooker Eloi Pelissier and 18 year old winger Fouad Yaha are the next two French stars that should be in the NRL.

I might add that Tony Gigot, who came out to Australia a few years ago when he was young and very raw, but is now 24, is also playing very well for Catalans. He can play centre or five eighth.

ragzouken

Juniors
Gigot played for sharks reserve grade, could kick thats about it looked scared of contact/overawed mored often then not.

Id say we haven't seen frencman in the nrl and won't because they are bog average.

Gigot played for sharks reserve grade, could kick thats about it looked scared of contact/overawed mored often then not.

That was years ago when he was a kid. He is now much more mature and confident and impressive.

Id say we haven't seen frencman in the nrl and won't because they are bog average.

You obviously haven't seen too many Frenchmen. It helps to see all of the group of people that you are talking about actually play the game before you make wild sweeping statements.

Spot On

Coach
He is not French, but Papua-New Guinean. He is now playing in the centres for the Titans and did very well on debut last weekend.

Nene is a quality player. He left the Roosters because he knew that in 2016 with Shaun Kenny-Dowell holding one wing spot, and the expensive English import Joe Burgess (from Wigan) probably holding down the other, and stars Michael Jennings and Blake Ferguson certainties in the centre positions, he would be well advised to find another club if he wanted to cement a first grade place.

Gee, had no idea he wasn't a Frenchman!:sarcasm:

Nice deflection. You were banging on about him being a superstar last year yet he's already had to change clubs to find a gig.

jason taylor

Bench
That was years ago when he was a kid. He is now much more mature and confident and impressive.

Years ago? Gigot was at the Sharks in 2013, not that long ago. Was primarily a bench reserve grade player, couldn't even crack the starting side. He's hardly played any Super League matches since either. Doesn't cross me as a very impressive player yet.

ragzouken

Juniors
That was years ago when he was a kid. He is now much more mature

It was two years ago players like john morris and jeff robson kept him out of firsts if you watched him as much as you claim you would know he is average and hasn't improved much since his time at cronulla...he just plays in the super league

Years ago? Gigot was at the Sharks in 2013, not that long ago. Was primarily a bench reserve grade player, couldn't even crack the starting side. He's hardly played any Super League matches since either. Doesn't cross me as a very impressive player yet.

Tony Gigot has recently replaced an injured Willy Tonga in the centres at Catalans, and has played much more impressively, especially in attack, than Willy Tonga has all season.

It was two years ago players like john morris and jeff robson kept him out of firsts if you watched him as much as you claim you would know he is average and hasn't improved much since his time at cronulla...he just plays in the super league

Have you actually watched him playing in the centres for Catalans over the past few weeks?

_snafu_

Immortal
Don't be a smart aleck. This guy Benjamin Garcia is a hot property right now and Phil Gould would not have bought him without getting very good evaluations from people he trusts.

I predict that he will make a solid mark on the NRL within one year.

Best French player since Scott Dureau?

Latest posts