What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartman Parker just wants respect from everybody

Craig Johnston

First Grade
State of Origin 2015 Game 3: Corey Parker involved in alleged heated altercation with Maroons teammate Dane Gagai
JAMES HOOPER THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JULY 04, 2015 11:44PM

THE Queenslander who called on NSW rookie David Klemmer to show some respect, Corey Parker, was involved in an alleged heated altercation with Maroons teammate Dane Gagai at a Brisbane nightspot last month.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told the Maroons duo had to be *separated
after the Broncos’ round 16 thumping of Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium 10 days ago.

The duo have since been forced to patch up any differences, with the pair selected in the Queensland team for the State of Origin decider three days after the altercation.

So as much as we’re all expecting fireworks come game time on *Wednesday night, the Queenslanders have even gone off a little early.

Amongst themselves.

Not only that, The Sunday Telegraph has also been told Parker and Maroons teammate Josh Papalii also have history dating back from a *previous Australian Kangaroos camp where the pair clashed.

When Parker and Papalii exchanged words in the Four Nations camp last year there were no punches thrown but The Sunday Telegraph has been told the Canberra forward took offence at a remark from the Broncos hardman.

Papalii has a reputation as a player who is handy when it comes to throwing punches having done some boxing training and sparred with his cousin, heavyweight fighter Alex Leapai.

Parker earned the ire of Blues fans in State of Origin II when he told Blues tearaway Klemmer to “show some respect” in the heat of battle.

Klemmer’s expletive-laden three-word response has gained the Blues firebrand equal notoriety.

The Blues have been made aware of the Parker-Gagai confrontation from last month and discussed it in camp at Coffs Harbour.

Parker, 33, has played 311 NRL matches, 12 Tests for Australia and is preparing to feature in his 17th State of Origin match for Queensland.

gee i wonder who the common denominator is?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mmate-dane-gagai/story-fni3fqyo-1227428805066

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Parker has always been a prickly character, probably why the Broncos were reluctant to name him captain.

There was also a story a few years ago about Parker making Yow Yeh cry during the Kangaroos camp in the UK.

However, I can't believe the beat up about this respect nonsense, where was it before game 2 when Hoffman was having a sook about Hodges giving him crap during game 1?

some11

Referee
However, I can't believe the beat up about this respect nonsense, where was it before game 2 when Hoffman was having a sook about Hodges giving him crap during game 1?

You're on the wrong forum for that m8.

This.

is.

LU!

Tommy Smith

Referee
I have a journalist friend in Brissy and he said that Parker is a MASSIVE f**kwit.

The likes of Thaiday he said are accommodating and great to talk to. But Parker is the most grating areshole he's had to deal with.

So none of this is surprising to hear.

Charlie124

First Grade
Has one player ever dined out on as much hype as Klemmer?

Carl Webb II

I still don't know what Klemmer has done to deserve this hype in the first place, he's pretty big i suppose but nothing more than an ok bench player who's very lucky to be playing Origin. Andrew Fafita is bigger with a better skillset and was meant to be an Origin player for years to come if you believed the hype about him from last year....nek minnit.

Youre not far off with your Webb II comparison, the potential is there like it always was with Carl, but has anyone really seen any more than that? Being an aggressive loudmouth only gets you so far.

Tommy Smith

Referee
So much fail in two posts.

Klemmer is a beast.

And he's only what, 21? He'll be an automatic pick for the Kangaroos for 10 years and rightly so.

But keep going with the Carl Webb comparisons if it makes you feel better.

Canard

Immortal

Klemmer is a beast.

And he's only what, 21? He'll be an automatic pick for the Kangaroos for 10 years and rightly so.

Your right, I stand corrected.

Dave Taylor II

Just needs a cool nickname, Klemmida??

Charlie124

First Grade

Klemmer is a beast.

Im not having a go, but explain how its different.

What you just said about Klemmer was said about Fafita as recently as last year. What exactly has Klemmer done?? he hasnt dominated at club level, and he's not particularly talented, at least no more than several other bench props. So aside from being aggressive, what does he bring to the table?

Im not trying to discredit the guy, but the Webb comparisons really arent far from the mark when you think about it. Both players were talked up as potential superstars without really achieving anything to warrant that tag.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think the difference is that Klemmer is an excellent RL player and Carl Webb was just a pissweak grub

Vic Mackey

Referee
Parker got in a fight with Andrew Gee during Gees playing days. Parker was talking himself up as an origin player however Gee made the team and Corey didn't. Gee gave Parker some lip about it and Corey threw one at him. Tallis told the story on triple m earlier this year. Guy obviously can give it but can't take it.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think the difference is that Klemmer is an excellent RL player and Carl Webb was just a pissweak grub

Explain that though, thats what im getting at. What is that based on? because so far its all hype and aggression. FWIW im not trying to argue that Webb and Klemmer are the same quality, just that both of them are massivly overhyped without really doing anything to warrant it.

People come out and say stuff like "OMG Klemmer is a beast" or "He'll be an automatic selection for Australia for 10 years". What makes people think this though? he's not a forward leader, he's not particularly skillful or talented and he isnt a workhorse or 80min starter. So what is he besides aggressive??

What makes Klemmer any better than Andrew Fafita?

Latest posts