What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL rebellion: Rugby league clubs want CEO Dave Smith gone or threaten to leave comp

Canard

Immortal
It's not even a beat up its outright bullshit of no consequence.

The big AFL club's are always at logger heads with Town Hall.

There isn't anything wrong with it.

It's like a plane crash at an Airshow, always happening and inevitable.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
This is quite simply complete fabrication from News.

Any unrest from clubs most likely extends as far as wanting Smith to put up or f**k off. There's no denying his career rests on the remainder of this deal but there is no chance of a breakaway.

Same day, competing paper is talking about expansion. Which is more likely..

Jason Maher

Immortal
You know what would be funny? If we had a breakaway with a whole bunch of expansion teams to make up the numbers (again) and Perth were sacrificed (again) when the comps inevitably recombine.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Eddie Mcguire is constantly publically sooking and complaining about AFL HQ. His job is to advocate for his club and he does it. It doesn't send people into hysteria prediction crazy breakaway comps.

Just like here, someone like Gus might whinge about NRL HQ and want things done better but that doesn't mean he or any other notable figure is considering a split.

But at the same time, in 1993 nobody was predicting the blowup that happened in 1995. Who knows what will happen in 2017.

butchmcdick

Immortal
[youtube]LtW8dHFPfdk[/youtube]

Call me NRL

I know it's highly unlikely but I look forward to hooper writing about it in tomorrow's paper

JW

Coach
Relentless. They're in such full blown meltdown they can't even see how embarrassingly and unashamedly obvious they're being. A tsunami of idiots, old and new, just pumping this garbage out hour after hour at the moment.

RoosTah

Juniors
You only have to check Phil Goulds twitter feed to know this is all bullshot.

I've developed a new found respect for Gus this week through his twitter account. He's clearly not worried and knows that this is all a massive beat up. Liked what he said to one person yesterday in particular - "don't get bullied"

So he's also talking directly to the fans unlike these gutless c##ts over at News Corpse.

RoosTah

Juniors
Actually, its exactly 12 teams because 4 have signed long term licences with the NRL and 12 havent.

That is literally all they are going on.

Yep, and the four that have signed are the ones in the most financial trouble and therefore the only ones for whom it might be in their interest to seek more cash.

user_nat

Coach
Must be fun being a journalist when you can write straight up fiction and have it published.

adamkungl

Immortal
Shitmerkins list

Phil Rothfield
Rebecca Wilson
Paul Kent
James Hooper
Josh Massoud
Dean Ritchie
Matthew Johns
Mark Gasnier
Braith Anasta

bottle

Coach
Shitmerkins list

Phil Rothfield
Rebecca Wilson
Paul Kent
James Hooper
Josh Massoud
Dean Ritchie
Matthew Johns
Mark Gasnier
Braith Anasta

Shame.
Starting to lose some respect given how easily some can be bought.
Most of the rest are established vermin

adamkungl

Immortal
Shame.
Starting to lose some respect given how easily some can be bought.
Most of the rest are established vermin

Really disappointed that none of the ex players employed by Fox might think that the game is more important than their current paycheck.

Or maybe they really are all as dumb as dogshit and eat up whatever shit News serves.

bottle

Coach
Really disappointed that none of the ex players employed by Fox might think that the game is more important than their current paycheck.

Or maybe they really are all as dumb as dogshit and eat up whatever shit News serves.

Concur.
I don't expect better from the likes of M Johns. But I have some respect for Anasta as a commentator, and Gaz is improving in that area. To see them roll over like this is, as you say, disappointing.
The worst part for me is that since Saints are, in this fictional scenario, one of the clubs on the outer, Gaz is talking up a situation that would see the demise of his own. Piss weak.

I refer you to 1995 and the current players then.

Latest posts