What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need advice.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Turns out I have been going to work rather early.

Point being I keep running into a lovey women (bit, older) than me who cleans the place...

End up talking Xmas, informs me first one since her hubby died....

Not sure what to say, I wish her well.

I am no religious guy, so my question is should I reach and buy a ham...or would that be creepy?

I expect nothing...nor want anything...

Just would do it, as she feels alone.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Do it mate.

Invite her over for a meal as well if it feels like the right thing to do. Little things like that mean the world to people in grief, just knowing that even though the world doesn't stop but that it still cares means so much.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
so, just to confirm, you're asking a football forum if it's ok to hit on a single lady?

sportive cupid

Referee
If you're going to do it you better do it quick.I heard the price of ham is going to skyrocket leading up to Christmas this year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
so, just to confirm, you're asking a football forum if it's ok to hit on a single lady?
That is the point...

I really do not want to go there at all.

Just wanted to be nice to another human...and as I thought..it would be creepy.

It can be hard to nice, people always think the worst.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just tell her a few of you got together to do it if you're worried about how it will look for you personally.

drago brelli

Bench
Turns out I have been going to work rather early.

Point being I keep running into a lovey women (bit, older) than me who cleans the place...

End up talking Xmas, informs me first one since her hubby died....

Not sure what to say, I wish her well.

I am no religious guy, so my question is should I reach and buy a ham...or would that be creepy?

I expect nothing...nor want anything...

Just would do it, as she feels alone.

The comment about religion will need further explaining........'reach' and buy a ham......I don't get this bit.

sportive cupid

Referee
www hat does it matter whether others think it's creepy .If you stick within the law do what feels right for you .

I think a lot of people use the creepy excuse for doing nothing.

langpark

First Grade
Do it mate.

Invite her over for a meal as well if it feels like the right thing to do. Little things like that mean the world to people in grief, just knowing that even though the world doesn't stop but that it still cares means so much.
This IMO is 100 times better than the ham idea. Why?

- What good is the ham if she's got no-one to share it with?
- Being around people will be much better for her (you could also get her a small gift so she's got something a present to open on the day)
- and lastly, assuming there will be several other people at your house too, it will not come across the slightest bit creepy, weird, or any hint of it being a 'date'.

Good onya for thinking of her man! :thumb

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The comment about religion will need further explaining........'reach' and buy a ham......I don't get this bit.
Not a Christian so Xmas means nothing to me....but I live in Australia and it means much to most. Reach out to be nice...the ham..well again Australia..ever had a Xmas with no ham?

Ham is awesome.

Incorrect

Coach
I don't think you should give her a ham. Give her a pork sword instead...

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Kudos to you, it's a very nice thought. Like you I would be second guessing what to do, I'd be keen to do something nice but how will it be perceived is what would hold me back...

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
First milestones (birthdays...aniversaries...xmas) after someone passes can be quite daunting for those left behind. I'd ask her if she wants to join you and your family and/or friends for a bbq if she's doing it tough over Christmas/New year. Takes the "creepiness" out of it if others are involved. Did a similar thing for an old mate a few years ago and was much appreciated by him. Nice gesture that I'd expect from a fellow shark!

OVP

Coach
Do it mate.

Definitely this. I think she'd appreciate the company much more than a ham.
You're a good man Mr Angry.

drago brelli

Bench
If you've oked it with your wife, partner, kids....etc and you've double checked that her husband has 'passed' (what ever that means) go in hard.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I think introducing the missus immediately takes that element away. Just depends on what happens next. It's nice to introduce a new person into her life. But is one meeting enough? Maybe for you. But is it for her?

I suppose I'm saying that be prepared to accomodate her down the track as well.

GW.

Juniors
GW here,
Let's face it, you aren't religious so you probably don't even care about her that much.
BUT,
It's not creepy. She will like it, you can always play it down and say your wife bought too many and you thought she would appreciate it. It's a good deed. If she doesn't like it (I really can't see this to be the case) then screw her, more fool her.

I would hundred percent suggest you do it. Te alternative is a very lonely and sad Christmas for her, I would do it as a Christian.

Latest posts