What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dont count on ZDC......

BTW i have a feeling moylan will move to 5/8th.I heard he isnt running well and maybe lost some speed from injury? Only a hunch.I do not see griffin going with wallace.

ashton

Juniors
Dont count on ZDC......

BTW i have a feeling moylan will move to 5/8th.I heard he isnt running well and maybe lost some speed from injury? Only a hunch.I do not see griffin going with wallace.

I don't rate ZDC.....not up too NRL standard, maybe NSW cup.

murraymob

Coach
Dont count on ZDC......

griffin wants him in fullback and Moylan wants t stay there. If there is a change kit could be a while of yet. We have te martin and Cleary in a few years both better halves than Moylan will become

Exsilium

First Grade
The only thing I feel is going to be an issue is that Griffin has a history of using players out of position. We have great talent to utilise but it could be an Austin 2.0 with the guy being a jack of all but master of none while with us, once put in his preferred position he excelled.

Not comparing Griffin to Elliott but hunt and Wallace used to play hooker. Kennedy at lock, Corey Parker at 5/8 and a few other left field choices.

Would like to think the development of these guys won't be hindered by poor choice.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well if Griffin is against the Moylan to halves transition it would be hard to believe. He thought Josh Hoffman would move from fullback to the halves despite lacking the skillset of a half. Now he actually has a fullback with that skillset and he wants to leave him at fullback.

Although maybe it's because Moylan doesn't want to move. If that's the case it would be a shame. I think he has hit his ceiling as a fullback but could be an even better player as a half.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Moylan is an odd fullback. Nothing like any other fullback in the game. Reminds me of lockyer a bit. His touch is in the top 3-4 of any player in the game.And his short kicking game is better then soward and wallces combined. Aslong as he can defend in the halves im not sure the problem.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I reckon Moylan is an odd fullback. Nothing like any other fullback in the game. Reminds me of lockyer a bit. His touch is in the top 3-4 of any player in the game.And his short kicking game is better then soward and wallces combined. Aslong as he can defend in the halves im not sure the problem.

I can't agree with that - I've never seen anything from Moyza that would allude to a brilliant kicking game, short or long.

murraymob

Coach
hindy wait till you see Te Martin play .You will not want to move Moylan then. The boys are saying he is the stand out so far at the training .He will play first grade before the season ends

ACTPanthers

Bench
I have- I remember a game when he forced a heap of line dropouts

Were there beers involved...? :lol:

And I'd hardly say that one game (I don't recall it to be honest) is worthy of this comment "And his short kicking game is better then soward and wallces combined" - I get you're a Moyza fan, so am I! But let' be realistic.

franklin2323

Immortal
hindy wait till you see Te Martin play .You will not want to move Moylan then. The boys are saying he is the stand out so far at the training .He will play first grade before the season ends

He's the one we have been looking for. I expect he will play 9's and the trials from then who knows but I'd have him as our 6

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't normally agree with MX but I have to on this point, seems like a strange signing after going out so hard to resign Blake and Rennings as well as all the talk about local juniors etc. IMO both have a lot more upside then Hiku. Hiku is a good solid first grader, a good addition but not a spectacular one (I'd rather Lafai).

Hiku can play in several positions. That's a good trait to have but I think I'd prefer DWZ in centre and Hiku on the wing at full strength

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Hiku is a great centre! He tore up the Kangaroos in the Anzac test. He is going to make an awesome combination with DWZ.

ashton

Juniors
Who are the 4? Are they among Cleary, May, Edwards, Luai, Luke, or do you mean younger, like some of those Kiwis you've been alerting us to?

The 4 halves I rate...Cleary, Luai, TMM and a young guy from NZ who will play SG Ball next year.
I have been told we have signed another young halfback from NZ.
Plus we have about 4 young halves from NSW country in the SG Ball squad for next year.
Soni Luke is a hooker.
Dylan Edwards not sure whether he will make it.
Tyrone May could play 5/8 but I think he will be a star what ever position he plays.

Copperhead

Juniors
The 4 halves I rate...Cleary, Luai, TMM and a young guy from NZ who will play SG Ball next year.
I have been told we have signed another young halfback from NZ.
Plus we have about 4 young halves from NSW country in the SG Ball squad for next year.
Soni Luke is a hooker.
Dylan Edwards not sure whether he will make it.
Tyrone May could play 5/8 but I think he will be a star what ever position he plays.

I didn't include TMM because he didn't come through our system. Looking forward to seeing Perham play, and if he lives up to the raps. We're finally getting a few very good half prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.