What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That(no problem scoring points) is a fallacy. We were 12th in points for in 2015. There were only 4 teams worse than us.

We scored more tries (with 83), then the Sharks, Souths, Storm and Dragons yet they all managed to make the finals.

And we were better then a few sides not in the 8. Goal kicking was the issue.

But also were there really any games when you thought gee, we should have scored more points ? Or was it gee I wish our defence was better ( obviously this is a subjective opinion). I actually thought more times then not it was our defence was an issue rather scoring points.

Last edited:

HayneKloppter

Juniors
I agree we need one more strike weapon. Gordon will be a better fullback with us than when he was with the sharks because he has creative halves in front of him. Behind barba and Robson his limited ball playing was highlighted. Behind Carney he excelled.

Taka wasn't dropped by the titans he was in fact one of their best players that season. The tits have a track record for letting their best leave

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
One of our biggest issues last year was our fullback and defending kicks. Robinsons and Hoppas positioning were woeful. Gordon while unfashionable was one of the best fullbacks last year, Mr Gould rated him top 5 last year. He started ahead of Homes and Barba who are both better than oir options last year and he honestly has similar attributes to a Boyd while probably unlucky not to have his resume.

I agree.

Just Gordon's positioning and goal kicking is a plus for our side. But he is also good at following the play around ( a plus when we do have some forwards with offload / play making skills - Gower, manu, Paulo, Paulo, Edwards, Moeroa ). Obviously not a superstar but what our side needs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And here i was thinking you thought Junior was our most talent forward
Avenger said we can compete because we have all these big name forwards at the club.

My reply was they would have been great 5 years ago and once again Pou had to come in dribble some shit and take the convo of tangent as usual. Junior is lazy and shit remember and will be no loss and easily replaceable.

TheRam

Coach
I googled this Daniel Huppert chap and he seems to think that the government is trying to commit genocide through spraying chemtrails so he's obviously grounded in reality.

Hardly a topic for nutters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfJO0-cTis

Besides there are countless reports and articles on Geo-engineering. But hey, if we don't agree with something lets just make fun of it. That is obviously grounded in reality. See it made all the bad go away and it's all better now.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said we can compete because we have all these big name forwards at the club.

My reply was they would have been great 5 years ago and once again Pou had to come in dribble some shit and take the convo of tangent as usual. Junior is lazy and shit remember and will be no loss and easily replaceable.

For someone who complains about others taking things off on a tangent you seem awfully happy to go off with them

hindy111

Post Whore
Jnr is our best forward if he re - signs with us and a future origin star but if he goes to canberra he is overated lazy kiwi who will fizzle too nothing...

Why is it so hard for you too work out hineyrulz?

You obviously didn't understand the financial policy they are proposing. No one, including Government, will be lending money at zero %. Government though can and will ISSUE around $120b worth of currency, not loan created/borrowed money, and will spend it into circulation on infrastructure per annum.

I was referring to absolute gobldegook in Points 1) to 7) of the post, which culminated in this:

"7). After 25 years, you finally pay off the loan. The bank created $500,000 out of thin air, and it has now finished wiping out that $500,000, back into thin air so to speak. They created the money, then destroyed the money. As the promissory note has been paid off, the ledger is wiped clean. But in the process, they earned $377,000 worth of interest payments off you, more or less depending on the interest rate. Easy way to make money, isn?t it!"

The bank did not 'create' $500k out of thin air. The disposition of assets (receivables) and liabilities (payables) of that amount changed at the time of the transaction, at a price agreed by the buyer and seller. Charging interest is not necessarily an 'easy way to make money'. Borrow my assets for 25 years, and I'll want some compensation for giving the use of them for that time.

I'm not suggesting that the availability of credit and people's dependence on it is irrelevant to how the 'system' works. But this characterisation of how the financial system works is, with respect, horseshit. Similarly, proposed policies that assume that taxing a presently untaxed transaction will raise revenue and won't change the way that people structure transactions to avoid such a tax are naive in the extreme. But I'm sure Daniel's done his homework on that one.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jnr is our best forward if he re - signs with us and a future origin star but if he goes to canberra he is overated lazy kiwi who will fizzle too nothing...

Why is it so hard for you too work out hineyrulz?
Pretty much spot on hindy111.

It's hard for me to work out mate because I'm a little slow.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was referring to absolute gobldegook in Points 1) to 7) of the post, which culminated in this:

"7). After 25 years, you finally pay off the loan. The bank created $500,000 out of thin air, and it has now finished wiping out that $500,000, back into thin air so to speak. They created the money, then destroyed the money. As the promissory note has been paid off, the ledger is wiped clean. But in the process, they earned $377,000 worth of interest payments off you, more or less depending on the interest rate. Easy way to make money, isn?t it!"

The bank did not 'create' $500k out of thin air. The disposition of assets (receivables) and liabilities (payables) of that amount changed at the time of the transaction, at a price agreed by the buyer and seller. Charging interest is not necessarily an 'easy way to make money'. Borrow my assets for 25 years, and I'll want some compensation for giving the use of them for that time.

I'm not suggesting that the availability of credit and people's dependence on it is irrelevant to how the 'system' works. But this characterisation of how the financial system works is, with respect, horseshit. Similarly, proposed policies that assume that taxing a presently untaxed transaction will raise revenue and won't change the way that people structure transactions to avoid such a tax are naive in the extreme. But I'm sure Daniel's done his homework on that one.

Can't fault any of that logic.

Keen for your thoughts on this Ram.

lingard

Coach
Cayless played at a time where his skill and mobility made him extremely valuable. Mannah plays in an era where the middle is dominated by monsters and nobody appreciates the tireless workers in centrefield.

More nonsense. In every era skill and mobility in the forwards has sat alongside 'big monsters' who work tirelessly. Go watch some more videos.

lingard

Coach
No doubt. Let's not forget taka played on one leg most of this year and was one half of the best attacking side in the Comp. would like to see him play a full season un injured.

Also, gordan had a fine year for the Sharks. If he can deliver that in 2016, then fullback is the least of our worries.

Haven't seen anything of gutherson to comment. But by all accounts he's the real deal. Let's hope hes not plauged by injuries and has his chance to shine.

Foran was the player parra needed to get after an abysmal few seasons. The team needed some direction and he's the type of player we needed.

Yes we have taken a few risks, but which team hasn't.

Let's not forget that our left side ('the best attacking side in the comp') contained Radradra and Norman. I think they played a bigger part than Takairangi.

lingard

Coach
At least we will actually have a proper fullback too.

He may be a bit of a journeyman at this stage but he's going to be lengths better than what we had last year. Not that that is the yardstick of course because we don't play against our last year's team.

I wish we could. Man, that'd be a good game!

Status
Not open for further replies.