What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazza

First Grade
We had 7 top 4 finishes, won 2 minor premierships and made 2 grand finals between 98 and 2009, (plus 2 first week semi knock out finishes). A pretty f**ken successful era ( yes bloody disappointed we never won but) - the only constant in that period was Hindy / Cayless in our pack. They both must have been doing something right.

39 test caps

Bigfella

Coach
I'd be amazed if we chased Jennings under any circumstances given the coin he would demand. I still think all of this is a smokescreen. The player I heard we might be having a
Crack at hasn't been mentioned and would fit our club much better than Jennings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
39 test caps
So??? Gary Freeman played 40 odd tests how good was he for Parra???

Caylo was a good player for the Eels but hardly an all time great. Fui made much more impact with a lot less fanfare and probably on half the money.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So??? Gary Freeman played 40 odd tests how good was he for Parra???

Caylo was a good player for the Eels but hardly an all time great. Fui made much more impact with a lot less fanfare and probably on half the money.

Two totally different types of props that complemented each other perfectly.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd be amazed if we chased Jennings under any circumstances given the coin he would demand. I still think all of this is a smokescreen. The player I heard we might be having a
Crack at hasn't been mentioned and would fit our club much better than Jennings.

Can you name the player ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If complementing means one carried the other then yes they complemented each other well...........

Hindy: Yeah, bananas are much better fruits than apples.

Fruit guy: I'm not really sure that you can compare them. They both do different things and serve a different purpose.

Hindy: F**k off Con, you apple defending dickhead. How can you like apples you greaseball? Apples are overpriced shit.

Fruit Guy: Thinks... {Hmm, this bloke doesn't get it. They are both good in their own way. Why does it need to be a competition?}

Noise

Coach
More like a bloke named SBW.

Why would they need to release Jennings now to get SBW in 2017? I thought Jennings was off contract at the end of 2016, and SBW may sign for 2017. Surely they just don't renew Jennings contract at the end of 2016 and then use that money for SBW?

Is there any reason the roosters can't let Jennings go pay say 200k of his 2016 contract other club makes up rest, pay Copley about 200k and SBW 100k for 2016 even though he isn't there til 2017? Can they do that? Or they can upgrade someone else a extra 100k for 2016 and less in 2017 to pay SBW a bit more.

strider

Post Whore
Is there any reason the roosters can't let Jennings go pay say 200k of his 2016 contract other club makes up rest, pay Copley about 200k and SBW 100k for 2016 even though he isn't there til 2017? Can they do that? Or they can upgrade someone else a extra 100k for 2016 and less in 2017 to pay SBW a bit more.

Im not entirely sure but i think they stopped allowing teams to pay someone a year early after the roosters did it with maloney

strider

Post Whore
Why would they need to release Jennings now to get SBW in 2017? I thought Jennings was off contract at the end of 2016, and SBW may sign for 2017. Surely they just don't renew Jennings contract at the end of 2016 and then use that money for SBW?

I think jennings is contracted to end of 2017???

Im sure they'd be content to keep him this year, but if the opportunity arises to solve problems i'm sure they will jump. They are doing it the smart way - get his replacement when u get the chance

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe the Robinson just wants him gone because he is a shit merkin?? No idea but maybe they will use the extra funds to front load some players. Maybe with that extra money they will start paying SBW this year like they did with Maloney???

Noise

Coach
Maybe the Robinson just wants him gone because he is a shit merkin?? No idea but maybe they will use the extra funds to front load some players. Maybe with that extra money they will start paying SBW this year like they did with Maloney???

You can still do that?

Noise

Coach
I think jennings is contracted to end of 2017???

Im sure they'd be content to keep him this year, but if the opportunity arises to solve problems i'm sure they will jump. They are doing it the smart way - get his replacement when u get the chance

According to zero tackle (not always reliable) he is signed till 2016.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Someone on the Chooks forum suggested they are trying to free up space to front load Cordner's extension. The offer from Manly is stupid enough that trying to match it from 2017 hurts them (the Chooks) under the cap. However, including an upgrade for 2016 (with the money saved from swapping Jennings for Copley) means that from 2017 Cordner could remain on a reasonable amount under the cap.

IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.