What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk13

First Grade
Grabbing some popcorn in anticipation of Rams first blurt. Never disappoints

TheRam

Coach
Firstly, I am making an observation. I don't expect anything to change.

Secondly, I haven't seen anything constructive accompany the typical 'he's shit', 'anyone can do better than our club', 'this club is f**ked' diatribes that I see. Happy for you to point me in the direction of some.

As for your suggestion:

How do you know that the club didn't look at other options apart from the one they chose?

Who independently vets the candidates?

How can you be confident that someone 'independent' will have a good enough understanding of what the club needs?

Just because they have chosen someone internally why do you assume it is a job for the boys? There are lots of instances in the corporate world where people get internally promoted and do a f**king good job.

As for not seeing anything constructive, there have been plenty and I suggest you look a little harder then. But as fans it is not for us to come up with brilliant solutions every time our club stuffs up, but most of us know a turd when we smell one.

As for Boulous's appointment, we all know of the ongoing factions on the board, and in this instance we heard how Shrapie and another board member had, lets say, opposing views.

Put it this way an independent appointment is like what the Dogs did when they appointed Raelene Castle, not Parras appointment of Boulous.

As for companies promoting and hiring from within, sure of course, but not a guy that by all accounts has been unremarkable at best and fairly lousy at worst.

Is he better then the previous lot, who knows who cares, they are hardly the yardstick we should be measuring him by.

Sorry I have to go, I have been fighting a plumbing problem the last couple of hours, and now it really needs my full attention.

Ciao.

Stevie

Bench
Anyway, back to the footy. Interesting to see Tolman made the emerging Blues camp. I personally think he is a snowflakes chance in hell of ever making Origin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah fair reward for effort, but Origin is about winning, not rewarding merkins. Tolman's strength is working his little ring out for 65 minutes. Massively valuable to an NRL team, especially under the new interchange rule, but less valuable to an Origin team where you have a bench full of stars hungry for game time.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
As for not seeing anything constructive, there have been plenty and I suggest you look a little harder then.

We can agree to disagree on this one. There might be a few, but I would suggest that are far less than plenty.

But as fans it is not for us to come up with brilliant solutions every time our club stuffs up, but most of us know a turd when we smell one.
This is true. But I am not suggesting that you come up with brilliant solutions every time our club stuffs up. Just one would be nice!

I guess all I am saying is that the majority of us know a turd when we smell one. Pointing out there is a turd on the floor is particularly clever when everyone else has already noticed it.

It is much harder to anticipate whether someone is about to lay a cable.

As for Boulous's appointment, we all know of the ongoing factions on the board, and in this instance we heard how Shrapie and another board member had, lets say, opposing views.

Put it this way an independent appointment is like what the Dogs did when they appointed Raelene Castle, not Parras appointment of Boulous.
FACT: Lots of good and shit people have been hired through both Parra's method of internal promotion and the Bulldogs' independent appointment process.

Just because something appears to have worked for one club, it doesn't automatically become the solution for ours.

However, if set up correctly I could see how it might have merit.

As for companies promoting and hiring from within, sure of course, but not a guy that by all accounts has been unremarkable at best and fairly lousy at worst.
That is your opinion, not the clubs. If they thought that was the case, I doubt they would have hired him.

Is he better then the previous lot, who knows who cares, they are hardly the yardstick we should be measuring him by.
Agree with this mate and wouldn't suggest otherwise.

Sorry I have to go, I have been fighting a plumbing problem the last couple of hours, and now it really needs my full attention.

Ciao.
Good luck with it mate. If you have any dramas I am sure Jake can recommend someone.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
tolman has close to the worst yards per runs stats in the nrl, you can't have your 1st ruck carry getting dominated at origin level. there are no easy metres, and if you lose the forward contest, you end up defending endless tackles as origin has proven

Stevie

Bench
tolman has close to the worst yards per runs stats in the nrl, you can't have your 1st ruck carry getting dominated at origin level. there are no easy metres, and if you lose the forward contest, you end up defending endless tackles as origin has proven

Exactly my point (although I don't know if stats back up your quote) so why bother having him in camp, I think most would agree he isn't an Origin player. Pou may have a point in that its a reward but why would Laurie reward him? Just seems strange to me. I think having Junior Paulo in the camp would give more value to a fringe origin player.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Exactly my point (although I don't know if stats back up your quote) so why bother having him in camp, I think most would agree he isn't an Origin player. Pou may have a point in that its a reward but why would Laurie reward him? Just seems strange to me. I think having Junior Paulo in the camp would give more value to a fringe origin player.

i don't have time to look up the live stats, but the last time this conversation came up tolman was averaging in the 8s (m/run) which is criminal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think having Junior Paulo in the camp would give more value to a fringe origin player.

I think you merkins really underestimate Paulo's lack of mobility and effort in defence. This is the kind of thing the best spine players exploit mercilessly. There's no room for passengers in an Origin defensive line.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't take my word for it. Crunch the numbers for yourself Bigfella. I went from the starting point of the 2014 rumours that the coaching staff weren't happy with his dedication and effort. I've since watched him and the stats back up my observations.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was talking about Tolman. But you raise a good point - has Junior Paulo ever played in a good defensive side?
When was the last time Tolman in a team missed the finals??? That's why I assumed you were talking about Junior.

Yeah and he was the reason our defence was so shit, I'd like to have seen Wicks missed tackle count for last year he seemed to miss more then Junior.

Bigfella

Coach
Don't take my word for it. Crunch the numbers for yourself Bigfella. I went from the starting point of the 2014 rumours that the coaching staff weren't happy with his dedication and effort. I've since watched him and the stats back up my observations.

Confirm your bias you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts