What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

woddy

Juniors
Some facebook mutterings............ about Morgs to titans to get jennings and Hindy to play in the 9's . ??? :)

hindy111

Post Whore
Sometimes in a game a guy can take a run and it just takes the wind out of you and the opposition give up. MoiMoi used to do that-JWH does that. Jnr at times has but not consistantly .Burgess was a beast at it.
Tolman is just a worker-Does his job.Offers balance. Dogs fans would rate him over Mannah while parra fans would rate Mannah over him. Mannah i think has a little more leg drive.

Jnr could turn into something special- Thou he may already be at his peak :p

lingard

Coach
Yeah fair reward for effort, but Origin is about winning, not rewarding merkins. Tolman's strength is working his little ring out for 65 minutes. Massively valuable to an NRL team, especially under the new interchange rule, but less valuable to an Origin team where you have a bench full of stars hungry for game time.

Which is exactly where the concept has been hijacked. It is just a series of exhibition games. High quality, exciting football - but the result (who wins) is meaningless in itself. Who really cares? IMO it should be a reward for effort and form - not a continual selecting of 'tried and tested' incumbents. But that's just my opinion. Also I think they should have inside and outside centres in origin and should bring back the Amco Cup.

lingard

Coach
Firstly, I am making an observation. I don't expect anything to change.

Secondly, I haven't seen anything constructive accompany the typical 'he's shit', 'anyone can do better than our club', 'this club is f**ked' diatribes that I see. Happy for you to point me in the direction of some.

As for your suggestion:

How do you know that the club didn't look at other options apart from the one they chose?

Who independently vets the candidates?

How can you be confident that someone 'independent' will have a good enough understanding of what the club needs?

Just because they have chosen someone internally why do you assume it is a job for the boys? There are lots of instances in the corporate world where people get internally promoted and do a f**king good job.

Leave him alone you dick. You think everything he says is wrong, just because it's him. You're a slimy, hypocritical closet whinger who pretends not to be.

You are fairly funny sometimes, though - so I s'pose it's okay. Carry on.

My pleasure jk13. I'm glad my post make at least one person happy. :D

TheRam, do you reckon people would misunderstand you less often if you used a different avatar (e.g. the one of Pricey smiling in the dressing rooms after a game, holding a can of beer, or the one where he is naked and the Windfield Cup is covering his donger)?

Chipmunk

Coach
Don't take my word for it. Crunch the numbers for yourself Bigfella. I went from the starting point of the 2014 rumours that the coaching staff weren't happy with his dedication and effort. I've since watched him and the stats back up my observations.

6 months ago you were dribbling in posts he was better than JWH

Chipmunk

Coach
Hey look, we've already discussed Junior Paulo in the past: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/archive/index.php/t-447772-p-11.html

I even compared him to JWH. I said Paulo was a better ball runner but worse at everything else. As usual you responded with personal attacks.

You've obviously not watched enough of JWH if you think Junior is a better runner than JWH.

Find me a Junior run remotely as good as this one.

https://youtu.be/HmJyxAjU6kU

Of any of these runs here.

https://youtu.be/r6RS1fyYlGs

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Jnr does make a few great runs in a game.But he is not destructive like MoiMoi was. Will he become stronger and more powerfull? Who knows if he has peaked in power yet?

Chipmunk

Coach
Yup.

I'd kill every one of you merkins to make him an Eel.

Except Suity.

And strider.

Avenger... Barry...hineyrulez...Gary...hindy111...

Ah, f**k - I love youse all.

You can only dream of having front rowers of that calibre. What a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts