What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best 2016 team made up of players we currently have and confirmed signings.

Bigfella

Coach
Will watmough be available round 1?

Last reports were he isn't running yet. I know round 1 is still a long way away, but it may not be certaint that he is ready?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Will watmough be available round 1?

Last reports were he isn't running yet. I know round 1 is still a long way away, but it may not be certaint that he is ready?

Looks like he is running from the training videos / pictures

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can't be serious? Who gives a shit what number each of your centres has on his back? It's not as if that decides what side of the field they're on.
I wasn't talking about what numbers were on their backs, just what side of the field they were playing. A number is just a number.

Forty20

First Grade
1. Michael Gordon
2. Semi Radradra (Left)
3. Michael Jennings (Left)
4. Brad Takairangi (Right)
5. Clinton Gutherson (Right)
6. Corey Norman
7. Kieran Foran (vc)
8. Junior Paulo
9. Nathan Peats
10. Tim Mannah (c)
11. Manu Ma'u
12. Beau Scott
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Kaysa Pritchard
15. Tepai Moeroa
16. Kenny Edwards
17. Danny Wicks

Same team as Obscene Assassin if I am not mistaken and while most of the starting spots pick themselves...damn the bench spots are competitive.

I am of the expectation that we will run with a bench hooker and truth be told any of Kaysa, King and De Gois will do a pretty good job there but I'm running with Pritchard who I am admittedly a big fan of.

Alvaro and Gower are the two closest to cracking the bench initially (assuming Pauli is off to Newcastle otherwise he has a place in this group) and if either of Wicks or Watmough aren't ready due to their long injury layoffs I think Alvaro comes onto the bench.

I don't think guys like O'Brien, Tanginoa or Ualesi will truly challenge for the top roster come Round 1 barring a disastrous run of injuries in the Nines/Trials but they could come into serious calculations later in the season. Terepo has also proven to be a serviceable option as an interchange prop albeit with chronic handling issues. Ditto for Schulte and Moss in the backline.

Cornish is an awesome backup half and has done really well in the pre-season but hopefully his services don't need to be called upon.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
There is now 4-5 posters that agree on the same team, of which I do also. I also think the left and right edges should look this way too. The only other suggestion I might have relates to Watmo not being entirely ready come round one and he is reserved from all grades, think Edwards starts and Gower is the 18th man getting a run.

Kaysa is first drop hooker and of the real fringee's think that Kelepi will be the first to break through for the forwards or Faraimo for the outside backs, but this would likely be dictated by top 25 or 2nd tier spots.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I wasn't talking about what numbers were on their backs, just what side of the field they were playing. A number is just a number.

Oh right. I didn't specify what side they would play but. I just kept them in the numbers that they were in last season. Taka played on the left and still wore the #4 jersey.

Noise

Coach
The Cumberland throw has reported Jennings / semi on the left with Taka / Gutherson on the right.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1. Michael Gordon
2. Semi Radradra (Left)
3. Michael Jennings (Left)
4. Brad Takairangi (Right)
5. Clinton Gutherson (Right)
6. Corey Norman
7. Kieran Foran (vc)
8. Junior Paulo
9. Nathan Peats
10. Tim Mannah (c)
11. Manu Ma'u
12. Beau Scott
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Kaysa Pritchard
15. Tepai Moeroa
16. Kenny Edwards
17. Danny Wicks

Same team as Obscene Assassin if I am not mistaken and while most of the starting spots pick themselves...damn the bench spots are competitive.

I am of the expectation that we will run with a bench hooker and truth be told any of Kaysa, King and De Gois will do a pretty good job there but I'm running with Pritchard who I am admittedly a big fan of.

Alvaro and Gower are the two closest to cracking the bench initially (assuming Pauli is off to Newcastle otherwise he has a place in this group) and if either of Wicks or Watmough aren't ready due to their long injury layoffs I think Alvaro comes onto the bench.

I don't think guys like O'Brien, Tanginoa or Ualesi will truly challenge for the top roster come Round 1 barring a disastrous run of injuries in the Nines/Trials but they could come into serious calculations later in the season. Terepo has also proven to be a serviceable option as an interchange prop albeit with chronic handling issues. Ditto for Schulte and Moss in the backline.

Cornish is an awesome backup half and has done really well in the pre-season but hopefully his services don't need to be called upon.

Have you spotted Jennings at training ?

Is he on the left ?

I really dint like Semi being outside a bloke who constipates the back line. I gave him shit yelling at the TV in SOO for not passing to Hoppa a few times, dont think he heard me though. Hoppa was open but this bloke just will not pass the ball when I have watched him.

parra pete

Referee
The Cumberland throw has reported Jennings / semi on the left with Taka / Gutherson on the right.

AND it is a terrific WEBSITE..ie THE CUMBERLAND THROW..
Would be the envy of every other Club in the NRL and most Rugby League publications.
OUTSTANDING....

phantom eel

First Grade
Very impressed with that Cumberland Throw website - well done to those involved. :clap:

Can we post the links to stories etc on here? They've mentioned LU on their about page...

phantom eel

First Grade
Come mid season i agree this is our best team. Thou Gower will start the season before KE id say and also will have either Alvaro or de gois pending on what BA goes for on the bench before Kaysa.
Agree with those options for Round 1.

Forty20

First Grade
Not yet guys. Working on the CSS for the site (not a great code monkey as of yet) but plan to have it ready in the next few days.

Bigfella

Coach

Is he on the left ?

I really dint like Semi being outside a bloke who constipates the back line. I gave him shit yelling at the TV in SOO for not passing to Hoppa a few times, dont think he heard me though. Hoppa was open but this bloke just will not pass the ball when I have watched him.

How many times was hoppa outside Jennings in SOO?

hindy111

Post Whore
You could argue that having your best two threats on one side scares the defense more. Teams wont want Jennings or Semi one on one.And having Semi on the outside may prove a bigger foil for jennings as teams hold off to mark up on Semi and giving Jennings more space. Just a thought.
If you can create space and save your attacking play to run down that side, with good excecution there is not much a defense can do to stop it- so why does everyone want to have them on opposite sides? Taka being slower may slow down the cog just enough to stop the " try" from happening.
Jennings is our best back-Put him in his favoured position. If we are wanting too Keep Taka and Semi together than why cant we swap both to the other side and have Gutherson on the other?

Bigfella

Coach
Couldn't have been too many times because IIRC Jennings played on the left and Hoppa played on the right. Would have been a pretty good pass for them to link up.

Certainly how I remembered it.

Also trying to imagine how hoppa could keep up to be in a position to be passed to by hoppa anyway?

Chipmunk

Coach

Is he on the left ?

I find it difficult to comprehend in what situations it would be ideal for the left centre (Jennings) to pass to his right winger (Hopoate) "a few times" during an origin match.