What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo

H.H

Juniors
Cheers mate - very much appreciated. I'll shoot you a message in a bit, but I think I might have a bit more of a play around with a couple ideas. I'm thinking whether I can have the Rooster gripping a footy like the old school one and maybe adding a couple other variations.

Funnily enough, the place I'm getting the least traction is the Chook pen - mostly through complete indifference too, which is surprising.

Absolute idiots over there mate. Forget them and move on.

What you've done is great, but I wonder what appeals more to kids? Maybe that's part of why they continue with it.

Anyway, would love to see the club take on a version of what you've done.

rooster25

Juniors
Cheers mate - very much appreciated. I'll shoot you a message in a bit, but I think I might have a bit more of a play around with a couple ideas. I'm thinking whether I can have the Rooster gripping a footy like the old school one and maybe adding a couple other variations.

Funnily enough, the place I'm getting the least traction is the Chook pen - mostly through complete indifference too, which is surprising.

Don't worry about the chookpen forum, they'll whinge and argue about anything there. I wouldn't start changing too much with what you've done,it's perfect,remember simple is best and what the fans want.

RoosTah

Juniors
Absolute idiots over there mate. Forget them and move on.

What you've done is great, but I wonder what appeals more to kids? Maybe that's part of why they continue with it.

Anyway, would love to see the club take on a version of what you've done.

Been tinkering a bit more over the weekend:

3a67ca0.png

Just trying to simplify it a bit more, give the footy a stronger association with the original logo and give the chook a little bit depth by having slightly darker reds on some tail feathers and the futher foot.

To be honest, the best scenario would be if the club could give us all a few designs and let members vote on it.

Obviously I'd be happy if mine were chosen, but as long as it was a good one I'd still be happy no matter who did it.

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
Great!! Would be even better if it said Easts instead of Sydney but it'd make it less likely to be adopted by the club

RoosTah

Juniors
Thanks guys.

I kinda regret sending that other design so hastily to Easts before, because in retrospect it probably looks like a straight microsoft pain job lol. Just let myself get a bit carried away.

I've interacted a little with a couple of the Roosters twitter accounts, and am thinking of perhaps just making the handle I set up a platform for all fans to submit designs.

Ultimately, I figure the club probably wouldn't accept an outside design, but perhaps if they had a few thrown at them that fans were raving about they might form the basis for a few option should the club go down the change path.

That way, ideally they'd give all us members a vote on it and involve us in the process.

RoosTah

Juniors
So I'm continuing to tinker here, but the twitter page now features this backdrop along with the plain version below:

5ce0097.png

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
I'm not a Roosters supporter, but I do like designing logos and back in 2009, I tinkered with your logo and came up with this. Seems my preference of the pre-1996 logo is a favourite amongst you all too!

SydCityRoosters.jpg

RoosTah

Juniors
I'm not a Roosters supporter, but I do like designing logos and back in 2009, I tinkered with your logo and came up with this. Seems my preference of the pre-1996 logo is a favourite amongst you all too!

SydCityRoosters.jpg

The 1978 design was simple, but evolved the old Rooster Logo from the 60s in a natural way. My intent here is to combine aspects from all of those logos (with the exception of the Sydney City abomination).

strong_latte

Juniors
So I'm continuing to tinker here, but the twitter page now features this backdrop along with the plain version below:

5ce0097.png

Loving this mate - the idea has really progressed nicely since you first posted this thread. I hate to say it, but looking back to that first design you put up actually looks pretty crappy compared to this latest effort (no offence).

All part of the creative process I imagine though.

Nuke

Staff member
The 1978 design was simple, but evolved the old Rooster Logo from the 60s in a natural way. My intent here is to combine aspects from all of those logos (with the exception of the Sydney City abomination).

Yep, I get that. You've done it well. I just thought I'd pop my little play-around logo that I did sometime 7yrs ago in here too. Mine was intended to be a mix of old-school with something more modern (yet not something cheesy or likely to date anytime soon) which, sadly, is what you guys had from 1996, and to a lesser degree what you have now. You have presently a logo that will be replaced one day, however if you go with something simple and iconic (such as Souths' bunny logo, Newcastle's knights helmet, ect), it can last forever with just an occasional tweak.

RoosTah

Juniors
Hey Guys,

So I wanted to resubmit this to the club, but a friend of mind suggested that whilst the lack of "Roosters" made sense for the badge, for branding purposes there'd obviously need to be something.

The current one does this by just putting the Sydney squished in between the R and T and getting rid of the badge (which makes sense for it, given the text is all included in the logo).

Most clubs are just going for plain text when they do this now (think Bulldogs, Souths etc) or if they do much it's generally understated like the panthers. So to that end I've tried to keep it simple, but threw in the tri-colour footy for effect.

Let me know what you think:

Rooster logo with text:
Conceptandtext.png

The text banner in full:
text.png

Last edited:

strong_latte

Juniors
Did you change the shade of blue as well? Looks good mate. Hope someone at the club takes notice of it - would love a jersey with that.

RoosTah

Juniors
Cheers boys - I've gone a step further now and turned this into a 4 page proposal that I've sent to the club's design guy.

He ended up ignoring my first rendition, which in retrospect looks like simplistic MS Paint work, but hopefully he has a look at this second one, which has a detailed breakdown of all the elements.