What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best 2016 team made up of players we currently have and confirmed signings.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry wrong player, mybad

But the point remains Jennings could have set his winger up on a few occasions that I saw and got tackled with the ball trying to beat his opponent instead of passing

I really dont like him playing inside Semi given how many tries Semi scored last season. However in BA we trust

Parra47

Juniors
Everyone will have their own thought but for mine, here is my NRL and NSW Cup line ups for round one depending on injury etc.

1. M. GORDON
2. S. RADRADRA
3. C. GUTHERSON
4. M. JENNINGS
5. B. FARAIMO
6. C. NORMAN
7. K. FORAN
13. A. WATMOUGH
12. M.MAU
11. B. SCOTT
10. J. PAULO
9. N. PEATS
8. T. MANNAH

14. D. WICKS
15. D. GOWER
16. T. MOEROA
17. K. PRITCHARD

NSW CUP

1. N. GARDNER
2. R. MORGAN
3. B. TAKARANGI
4. J. FOLAU
5. S. SCHULTE
6. L. KELLY
7. M. CORNISH
13. K. EDWARDS
12. K. TANGINOA
11. J. HASSAN
10. D. ALVARO
9. C.KING
8. P. TEREPO

14. R. O'BRIEN
15. J. UALESI
16. C. NELSON
17. I. DE GOIS

M. WOODS
J. MADDEN
Y. GORDON
V. TAUTAI
H. TUHA
K. MOSS
M. DOUGLASS
B. DAVIS
S. GORMAN
A. PEARN
R. GILLETT
Z. NICHOLLS
W. TANGIITI
M. MANU
B. MCLEAN
J. SEYMOUR

I've left out our NYC aged players.

yy_cheng

Coach
You could argue that having your best two threats on one side scares the defense more. Teams wont want Jennings or Semi one on one.And having Semi on the outside may prove a bigger foil for jennings as teams hold off to mark up on Semi and giving Jennings more space. Just a thought.
If you can create space and save your attacking play to run down that side, with good excecution there is not much a defense can do to stop it- so why does everyone want to have them on opposite sides? Taka being slower may slow down the cog just enough to stop the " try" from happening.
Jennings is our best back-Put him in his favoured position. If we are wanting too Keep Taka and Semi together than why cant we swap both to the other side and have Gutherson on the other?

Isn't the rhs the harder side to defend on? . Semi would struggle on the right

caylo

Bench
Isn't the rhs the harder side to defend on? . Semi would struggle on the right

Parra 47 you have Faraimo ahead of taka, you've lost it.
Cheng I think semi is actually one of, if not the best defensive wingers in the game. His decision making and commitment to tackles are amazing. Either way and outside backs are all good defensive and offensive players and they will adapt to either side. Last year we had one of the worst centre/wing combos in the comp, now we are up there with Manly as close to the best.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
1. N. GARDNER

Yeah nah. Not a full time trainer we'll put on of Schule or Toutai at fullback who have been training full time there before we even think of putting Gardner there. Schulte has been training for the wenty team at fullback so it looks like whilst Moss is out he has the inside running.

Parra47

Juniors
Cheng I think semi is actually one of, if not the best defensive wingers in the game. His decision making and commitment to tackles are amazing. Either way and outside backs are all good defensive and offensive players and they will adapt to either side. Last year we had one of the worst centre/wing combos in the comp, now we are up there with Manly as close to the best.

I wouldn't play Taka on the wing and I think Gutherson will turn out to be a much better centre than Taka so for mine there is no spot for him. Just my opinion.

caylo

Bench
I wouldn't play Taka on the wing and I think Gutherson will turn out to be a much better centre than Taka so for mine there is no spot for him. Just my opinion.

Fair enough, but even if Gutherson became tahu level he would be maybe 2-3x better than Taka. Taka is about 10x better than Faraimo as it is and gutherson has never started in the centres in the NRL. I respect you're allowed an opinion, it just my opinion that you are watching the game with blinkers on or you have little understanding of rugby league.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough, but even if Gutherson became tahu level he would be maybe 2-3x better than Taka. Taka is about 10x better than Faraimo as it is and gutherson has never started in the centres in the NRL. I respect you're allowed an opinion, it just my opinion that you are watching the game with blinkers on or you have little understanding of rugby league.

Gutherson started at left centre against us in round one last year.

hindy111

Post Whore
If fit rnd one backline without any doubts-
1Gordon
2Semi
3Jennings
4Taka
5Gutherson

Everyone else will have to force there way in - Hope for bad form or injuries.But that is our best backline for now......

yy_cheng

Coach

I disagree

I actually think buretta is a better defender. Semi, i reckon can't read the play and gets out of icky situations with his physical talents

Parra47

Juniors

Gutherson Started the 2015 season at centre for Manly before being injured. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
I've been a passionate rugby league fan since 1986, watching every game I can and I've not missed a single copy of rugby league week or big league in all those years.
I've also played the game and been involved with my local club for the past 10 years and been coaching for the past 4 years.
But because I have a different opinion to you I must have little understanding of rugby league.... :roll: