What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 SG Ball / Harold Matts Junior Rep News

MyRoots

Juniors
Hahaha know idea or no idea ?, if you look at all NRL clubs, pacific islanders are dominating the sport, who is the No#1 league nation atm New Zealand. Get your head out of your ass m8.

Maybe show some facts to back up your words??
here is the nrl's current top 50 players.. Don't see an islander dominance there??

Here is the full list of NRL.com's top 50 players in the competition.

50. Aidan Guerra (2014 rank: 45)
49. Ryan Hoffman (32)
48. Boyd Cordner (35)
47. Jason Taumalolo (New entry)
46. Trent Merrin (27)
45. Justin Hodges (30)
44. James Segeyaro (47)
43. Beau Scott (33)
42. Jake Friend (New entry)
41. Semi Radradra (New entry)
40. Will Chambers (New entry)
39. Darius Boyd (New entry)
38. Andrew Fifita (26)
37. Blake Austin (New entry)
36. Adam Reynolds (New entry)
35. Matt Gillett (38)
34. Brett Stewart (16)
33. Michael Morgan (New entry)
32. Josh Morris (36)
31. Mitchell Pearce (New entry)
30. Michael Jennings (New entry)
29. Anthony Milford (25)
28. Ben Matulino (New entry)
27. Matt Moylan (New entry)
26. Sam Thaiday (29)
25. George Burgess (22)
24. Issac Luke (New entry)
23. Jamie Lyon (20)
22. Brett Morris (24)
21. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (New entry)
20. James Tedesco (New entry)
19. Ben Hunt (42)
18. Simon Mannering (40)
17. Kieran Foran (14)
16. Josh Dugan (23)
15. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New entry)
14. Aaron Woods (28)
13. Matt Scott (13)
12. James Graham (7)
11. Robbie Farah (11)
10. Daly Cherry-Evans (9)
9. Jesse Bromwich (21)
8. Billy Slater (10)
7. Shaun Johnson (17)
6. Corey Parker (12)
5. Paul Gallen (8)
4. Cooper Cronk (6)
3. Greg Inglis (5)
2. Cameron Smith (1)
1. Johnathan Thurston (4)

magpie4ever

First Grade
Hahaha know idea or no idea ?, if you look at all NRL clubs, pacific islanders are dominating the sport, who is the No#1 league nation atm New Zealand. Get your head out of your ass m8.

got to pull you up there mate. Australia holds to World Cup. NZ beat the 3rd rank Australian team in the last 4 nations. The Poms beat the kiwi in pommyland last year.

The reason islander kids dominate junior rep sides is due to the inability of so-called talent scouts to recognize future potential. Most of these talent scouts have never pulled on a football boot, they are lazy shits who select of size and build and it is failing them badly. They quality of the player and the footballer in the NRL has gone downhill dramatically in the last decade.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Maybe show some facts to back up your words??
here is the nrl's current top 50 players.. Don't see an islander dominance there??

Here is the full list of NRL.com's top 50 players in the competition.

50. Aidan Guerra (2014 rank: 45)
49. Ryan Hoffman (32)
48. Boyd Cordner (35)
47. Jason Taumalolo (New entry)
46. Trent Merrin (27)
45. Justin Hodges (30)
44. James Segeyaro (47)
43. Beau Scott (33)
42. Jake Friend (New entry)
41. Semi Radradra (New entry)
40. Will Chambers (New entry)
39. Darius Boyd (New entry)
38. Andrew Fifita (26)
37. Blake Austin (New entry)
36. Adam Reynolds (New entry)
35. Matt Gillett (38)
34. Brett Stewart (16)
33. Michael Morgan (New entry)
32. Josh Morris (36)
31. Mitchell Pearce (New entry)
30. Michael Jennings (New entry)
29. Anthony Milford (25)
28. Ben Matulino (New entry)
27. Matt Moylan (New entry)
26. Sam Thaiday (29)
25. George Burgess (22)
24. Issac Luke (New entry)
23. Jamie Lyon (20)
22. Brett Morris (24)
21. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (New entry)
20. James Tedesco (New entry)
19. Ben Hunt (42)
18. Simon Mannering (40)
17. Kieran Foran (14)
16. Josh Dugan (23)
15. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New entry)
14. Aaron Woods (28)
13. Matt Scott (13)
12. James Graham (7)
11. Robbie Farah (11)
10. Daly Cherry-Evans (9)
9. Jesse Bromwich (21)
8. Billy Slater (10)
7. Shaun Johnson (17)
6. Corey Parker (12)
5. Paul Gallen (8)
4. Cooper Cronk (6)
3. Greg Inglis (5)
2. Cameron Smith (1)
1. Johnathan Thurston (4)

13th before an islander is named and before any has a go, I consider Maoris a totally different race due to thousands of years of separation and what many of my Maori mate stress.

Hey mate, what are your thoughts on Schneider? I think you mentioned before that he was a half but Parra trialled him mainly at dummy half and have named him this weekend to play there.

Seen the kid play numerous times as my nephew has played with and against him, iv seen him play lock and 5/8 more than any other position, very dominate player on the park and is known for his rock solid defence. He captained the central coast rep teams from what i was told and also captained nswchs. Apparently he is a kid who is very mature for his age and has the respect of all players he plays with and against. I see on the nsw team lists parramatta have named him captain which is a great achievement only being there for a few months. Newcastles loss is parra gain. Herd the kid is an exceptional boxer as well

Last edited:
13th before an islander is named and before any has a go, I consider Maoris a totally different race due to thousands of years of separation and what many of my Maori mate stress.

You are pulling up NRL lists featuring fully grown men whereas I am talking about 16 year old kids who are still in their early stages of development.
You only have to look at Penriths juniors to their NRL squad to spot the difference though Parramattas NRL squad are heavily influenced by islanders.
Recently at the Immortals Challenge at St Marys (U14, U15 and U16's) the larger Western Sydney premiers (dominated by islander boys) totally smashed the CRL premiers from Newcastle, Canberra, Central Coast and Illawarra.
As it has been monitored that a very small percentage of Harold Matts players make it through to NRL level, I wonder how many of these would be pacific islanders kids ?.
Australia may be the World Cup champions but NZ is the No# 1 ranked side in the World atm No international side would beat a full strength NZ side.
Btw gotta love that list with Robbie Farah at #11 hahaha.

Last edited:

MyRoots

Juniors

Maybe read back on your comments before you post ridiculous remarks.. Quote- "if you look at all NRL clubs, pacific islanders are dominating the sport??

Maybe read back on your comments before you post ridiculous remarks.. Quote- "if you look at all NRL clubs, pacific islanders are dominating the sport??

Okay you got me there, I'll be watching the Central Coast v Parramatta at Morry Breen Oval 2morro, Parra have four white guys in their side. Apparently their halfback is a gun and is tipped to play Australian Schoolboys a year young.
Parramatta will have a distinct size advantage in the forwards over the Coast so the score could get ugly.
The Coast boys should have a nice little reception waiting for Kyle Schneider no matter the result they always save something special for former team mates.
If you go fishing you'll always get a bite from him.

Hmmm funny how my comments get passed on, you would know what I mean't if you saw how Maitland baited Kyle in last years Country Championships in Port Macquarie, he certainly didn't back down though.

Last edited:
Central Coast went down 54-6 to a relentless Parramatta side. Led around the field by their halfback Tyler Field and hooker Kyle Schneider (I think he missed one goal) their big islander boys Valance Harris (12), Stefano Utoikamanu (8) and Cliff Lea'aetoa (5) were just to much for the Coast to handle.
Parra led 40-0 at halftime.

Last edited:

Jacco

Juniors
Okay you got me there, I'll be watching the Central Coast v Parramatta at Morry Breen Oval 2morro, Parra have four white guys in their side.

Well SG Ball - Central coast at a time in the game were 4 points behind 20 to 16 . Final score 40 to 28 to Parra.... Hardly a flogging ! All those white kids almost rolled those islanders.

Then take a look at Manly SG BAll , full of Islanders ! and they go down to a Knights outfit full of white players 30 to 0 with 20 minutes to go . Not sure what the score will end up !

Jacco

Juniors
Parramatta 40 (Alex Seve 3, H Dunster 2, T Afualo, N Okladnikov, T Turnbull tries; Seve 2, Turnbull 2 goals) def Central Coast 28 (K Martin, W Grasby, Z Bagnall, K Hopwood, N O'Meley tries; B Taffe 4 goals)

Delboy

First Grade
In Matts Penrith and Balmain 18-18, Balmain were heading to an unexpected win when they dropped th all 20 metres out on a ruck play with 3 to go. Penrith scored under the posts to draw the game.

The big boys in the Riff side were out of the game for 20 minutes of the second half in the heat, turned up at the end to snatch the draw.

At h/t in Ball, Penrith were up 16-10

Okay you got me there, I'll be watching the Central Coast v Parramatta at Morry Breen Oval 2morro, Parra have four white guys in their side.

Well SG Ball - Central coast at a time in the game were 4 points behind 20 to 16 . Final score 40 to 28 to Parra.... Hardly a flogging ! All those white kids almost rolled those islanders.

Then take a look at Manly SG BAll , full of Islanders ! and they go down to a Knights outfit full of white players 30 to 0 with 20 minutes to go . Not sure what the score will end up !

It seems to be more Harold Matts, Parras S.G.Ball didn't really have many islanders.

MyRoots

Juniors
It seems to be more Harold Matts, Parras S.G.Ball didn't really have many islanders.

FFS.. I know some people say when you go black you never go back, but m8 your getting to the point of racism it has nothing to do with islanders being bigger and better.. Parra matts had 2 big boys there 8 and 12 that's all.
They did however have a very talented halves pairing, strong defence all over the park, hard runners and good attacking structures.
The coast on the other hand, due to there poor selection of the best available talent on the coast, choose to field a team that's understrength, lacking experience and skill. There forwards got totally dominated

FFS.. I know some people say when you go black you never go back, but m8 your getting to the point of racism it has nothing to do with islanders being bigger and better.. Parra matts had 2 big boys there 8 and 12 that's all.
They did however have a very talented halves pairing, strong defence all over the park, hard runners and good attacking structures.
The coast on the other hand, due to there poor selection of the best available talent on the coast, choose to field a team that's understrength, lacking experience and skill. There forwards got totally dominated

Racism c'mon I'm giving them wraps your the one who thinks size makes no difference in this competition, how many of Parramattas tries were scored from 10 metres out, though the Coasts 2nd rowers are gutsy both Jed and Jacko'd be lucky to be 70kg wringing wet hell both of our centres Tyson and Keegan are bigger, you have your opinion and I have mine. Parramatta had a much bigger side, sure the Coast probably should've had Kai Doyle and Ryan Bender out there but aside from the Matts squad they have selected I'm not sure who else they could've picked who isn't in the squad or who aren't in other Matts' squads ?, suggestions ?.. Lets wait until the semi finals and we'll see how wrong I am about Parramatta and size not making a difference in this competition.

Last edited:
Best things about "opinions" There like arseholes every body has one.. But were all entitled to it.. At the end of the day rugby league is the winner, without it we wouldnt be here talking about it.. it was great to watch some footy (Harold Matts & Sg Ball) good luck to all teams involved throughout the season, it doesnt matter who wins or looses these boys are being developed in the strongest u16 - u18 competition in the world. In regards to the islander debate, seems we are categorizing all blacks & whites, if only it was that simple, but lets start giving credit were due, treat everyone as equal and give them the respect they all deserve as an individual.. yes some islander kids are big and are dominate because of there size at a young age but it eventually levels itsself out on an even playing field bye the age of 17-18-19 ect. if a kid is good no matter his size, ethnicity give him the credit he deserves. its no difference now in the nrl with bulldogs forwards Kasiano - Eastwood - Pritchard - williams ect there no better because of there size than say Thaiday - Bliar - Glenn - Parker - Gilette. The game is changing, less interchange, faster game = more indurance. BUT no matter what happens there will allways be a place in rugby league for big players. from u10s - 1st grade they will allways be there. Just my opinion people

MyRoots

Juniors
Racism c'mon I'm giving them wraps your the one who thinks size makes no difference in this competition, how many of Parramattas tries were scored from 10 metres out, though the Coasts 2nd rowers are gutsy both Jed and Jacko'd be lucky to be 70kg wringing wet hell both of our centres Tyson and Keegan are bigger, you have your opinion and I have mine. Parramatta had a much bigger side, sure the Coast probably should've had Kai Doyle and Ryan Bender out there but aside from the Matts squad they have selected I'm not sure who else they could've picked who isn't in the squad or in other Matts' squads ?, suggestions ?.. Lets wait until the semi finals and we'll see how wrong I am about Parramatta and size not making a difference.

who are you giving wraps too?? you have been constantly stating islanders are the superior rugby league race, Anglos are to small? that's racist.. so get your facts straight again..
I have never said size doesn't matter, I have said talent, skill and potential should be the focus on selecting junior players and squads that are the future of the game.
The coasts 10 and 11 Jedd n Jedd got absolutely hammered today because of there selection in the team and the 8 only gets selected because his dad is the head coach, the 5 who you think was a gun player that doesn't play division 1 let in to many try's to comment and the players that are on contract didn't get a shot for some unknown reason.

Latest posts