What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLCEO The Bench NRL Fantasy comp 2016

Packy

Bench
Yeah punt me. Let me know Thursday night if you need a player and I will put is a team draft.

Mig2006

Juniors
Only just had a look on here and seems you guys are having a few problems. In terms of the autopick function, you need to tick the autopick box on your team page when you are away (otherwise the site will not pick from your preference list - you'll get a random) and save the change. I think you may have this issue sorted but it's not a site issue - it is simply a user awareness issue.

The autopick default setting is UNTICKED as we don't want players being picked straight away when the draft starts (which would happen if default autopick was ticked).

In terms of stopping the draft overnight - ABSOLUTELY you can. The commish has the pause draft function under the clock on the draft manager page where the timer can be stopped and restarted whenever and as many times you like.

Last edited:

Mig2006

Juniors
I agree with everything you said except for the last bit, surely that's a gee up right? This site has always had problems hence why so many have walked away from it

We've never had more users AB (those who have walked away have been replaced by a legion of die hard supporters who get some of the best and fastest support in Fantasy NRL land). Even though you constantly whinge about 'site issues', the fact remains that if you actually knew how to use the site, you would enjoy it far more than you currently do.

My suggestion: If you are still keen to play (which you indicated above), put your hand up to be a co-commish of the comp - each comp can have as many commishes as you want. That way, you have full access to all the workings of the competition set up and you might actually understand how it works once you start navigating through the inner workings. At the moment, just being a player means you really only get to see 20% of NRLCEO - I think you'd be surprised by what you can actually do with this site...

gUt

Coach
Only just had a look on here and seems you guys are having a few problems. In terms of the autopick function, you need to tick the autopick box on your team page when you are away (otherwise the site will not pick from your preference list - you'll get a random) and save the change. I think you may have this issue sorted but it's not a site issue - it is simply a user awareness issue.

The autopick default setting is UNTICKED as we don't want players being picked straight away when the draft starts (which would happen if default autopick was ticked).

In terms of stopping the draft overnight - ABSOLUTELY you can. The commish has the pause draft function under the clock on the draft manager page where the timer can be stopped and restarted whenever and as many times you like.

Mine was ticked, the list was applied and saved but didn't trigger. I saw in the log players that were on my list be picked by others.

However I think I misunderstood how it works so I'm keen to give it another go. I assumed you make a list in order of preference. When my turn comes around it auto picks the highest ranked player on the list, for whatever round we're in.

_Johnsy

Referee

Cheers Mig,

Apologies Lads. It appears my ignorance of the pause function is partly to blame.

Hopefully everyone can have their draft list ready to go by Friday.

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks Mig for the rundown, clearly we weren't 100% sure on how to use the auto pick option. Hopefully we don't have any issues this time around

Johns Magic

Referee
Ab my last comment earlier was not meant in terms of the technical side of the site. I meant it is the best type of fantasy comp around. Fk Supercoach where 80% of my players will be in everyone else's team.

Obviously technically it is not the best site around...I imagine they run on a shoestring budget so I don't expect that. It is perfectly functional these days though and the guys who run it are generally pretty responsive and invested in it which makes life easier.

Personally I have very few issues with the website. Could be one or two minor improvements but only very small things. Nothing like a few years ago that frustrated you.

As I said I can't comment on the auto-pick function except to say others I know seem to have used it fine. But I was in the same league as you back in the day on the site in its older format and it has come on in leaps and bounds since then.

gUt

Coach
Ab my last comment earlier was not meant in terms of the technical side of the site. I meant it is the best type of fantasy comp around. Fk Supercoach where 80% of my players will be in everyone else's team.

Obviously technically it is not the best site around...I imagine they run on a shoestring budget so I don't expect that. It is perfectly functional these days though and the guys who run it are generally pretty responsive and invested in it which makes life easier.

Personally I have very few issues with the website. Could be one or two minor improvements but only very small things. Nothing like a few years ago that frustrated you.

As I said I can't comment on the auto-pick function except to say others I know seem to have used it fine. But I was in the same league as you back in the day on the site in its older format and it has come on in leaps and bounds since then.

Yep, I f**king hate this.

_Johnsy

Referee
I log on this morning & it appears we're back to 10 teams.
10 team comp, top 5 finals series.

Weewilforkuse
Zombie Horde SNG
The Monaghan Pearces
the TIE FIGHTERS
The Watmongs
Rhinos XIII
Maniac Marauders
The Old SKins
Laughing Stock
Minge Monkeys

Draft start details are the same:

Start at 1800 hrs QLD & 1900 hrs NSW time this Friday 19th Feb. 10min draft time out.

So have your draft lists & auto picks SAVED lads.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'll have an extensive draft list ready to go. I'm guessing somewhere in the region of 10-20.

_Johnsy

Referee
Everyone ready for the draft tonight?

What draft?

Bwahahaha

62548028.jpg

I'm hoping we get a heap done tonight, I'm out Saturday night & will have to rely on my draft list. I'll kick the draft off again Saturday afternoon. I'll try to get a time for you all.

Was thinking about it the other day, say we have 10 choices left, 10 teams, in reality you need at least 100 players on your draft list to ensure you fill your spots.

Going to be a long draft list selection Sat morning.

abpanther

Staff member
As we all learned, you really don't want to be relying on your draft list

If everyone is online tonight we should be able to finish it really, or get very close

Latest posts