What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watmoughs knee is baked yet he wont retire how is this not terrible news.
500k flushed down drain per season on a guy who me and ram said was past his best at the time.
Should of went for trent merrin!!😈

You assumed a lot of 'facts' there mate.

We don't know whether or not the knee is terminally f**ked (and if it is he can be deemed unable to fulfill his obligations for 2017-onwards).

....and just because he doesn't want to retire this week doesn't mean that it won't happen (my guess is the end of the season).

Avenger

Immortal
It's all subjective but I think Watmough has been a poor signing especially at his reported price.

IFR33K

Coach
It's all subjective but I think Watmough has been a poor signing especially at his reported price.

Look at the overall picture avenger. If he had anything to do with getting any of our recruits then it's a pass mark from me.

Also our forwards seem to have a better attitude. I'm sure choc has played a part in that.

Bigfella

Coach
The thing is that we improved our roster so much so quickly that he went from being worth overs, and bringing experience and a hard head, to being a potential negative impact on retaining either other high profile players or promising juniors.

It was clear it was going to present a problem sooner rather than later.

It became especially obvious when pou started denying it.

f**k me dead he has no idea.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If he retires before next season he's been a passmark, considering who has has helped us sign since we snagged him. Last season was a write off anyway and this year we still have a more then competitive squad.

emjaycee

Coach
I am of the same view - looking back at our results over the past 3-4 years we simply didn't have the toughness and attitude needed. We dropped our heads when behind on the scoreboard and that is reflected in the number of blow out losses (by more than 20 points) we suffered. Having Watmough and his never say die attitude helped slow that down in 2015 and it helped develop players like Tepai into more dedicated competitors.

And of course Watmough = Foran and Scott signing = Jennings signing = top 8 maybe top 6 chance this year.

emjaycee

Coach
The thing is that we improved our roster so much so quickly that he went from being worth overs, and bringing experience and a hard head, to being a potential negative impact on retaining either other high profile players or promising juniors.

It was clear it was going to present a problem sooner rather than later.

It became especially obvious when pou started denying it.

f**k me dead he has no idea.

Who have we lost that is in either of these categories and how has Watmough been the cause of this again?

Bigfella

Coach
Don't fall over yourself too quickly to oppose what I say because it's me when you just agreed with 90per cent of what I said and the other ten per cent you are trying to argue with is pretty much unarguable

emjaycee

Coach
Don't fall over yourself too quickly to oppose what I say because it's me when you just agreed with 90per cent of what I said and the other ten per cent you are trying to argue with is pretty much unarguable

Paranoid much ;-)

I was genuinely interested in who you thought we had lost because of Choc's contract value?
The only one I can think of in the "promising junior" category is Pauli and I am not so sure BA was super keen on him anyway.

In regard to Junior Paulo, Ricky has offered him $600k per year which I personally don't think he is worth at this stage (need to see how the reduced interchange goes for the big boppers IMHO) and from what I have been led to believe we don't need to match it to keep him - we just need to come pretty close. I trust BA, DA and Co. to decide on what he is worth and make a suitable counter offer.

We haven't lost any high profile players because until this year we only really has Sandow and we were all happy to see him go (Jarryd doesn't count because we didn't lose him because of $).

Still happy to get your thoughts though.

Bigfella

Coach
Are you serious?

I said it was a potential problem. Going forward he was going to be in more than he was worth.

So pears and Norman would be two high profile guys whose retention might be jeopardised.

Paulo and Pauli the obvious two younger players lost or jeopardised.

Is it that hard to understand?

Look at the overall picture avenger. If he had anything to do with getting any of our recruits then it's a pass mark from me.

Also our forwards seem to have a better attitude. I'm sure choc has played a part in that.

I'd have to agree with that. He's had a positive affect on the younger guys. But I will say a 4 year deal was absolutely wrong. Id like him to stay in for this season and retire with a big payout for the other two years which won't affect our cap. Wouldn't mind if he stayed in as a assistant coach either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd have to agree with that. He's had a positive affect on the younger guys. But I will say a 4 year deal was absolutely wrong. Id like him to stay in for this season and retire with a big payout for the other two years which won't affect our cap. Wouldn't mind if he stayed in as a assistant coach either.
Works for me, i thnk we all knew he was never seeing out his 4 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.