What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v's Titans Rd1

KAB

Juniors
Chanel's wife is in labour which is why Ross is there on standby.
Daniel Saifiti will play. He's wearing jersey #18 because#16 was too small for him apparently.

Haha nothing changes when it comes to Jersey sizes Daniel and Jacob always had an issue with Jersey sizes. It's great to see Brown is giving them a crack.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Chanel's wife is in labour which is why Ross is there on standby.
Daniel Saifiti will play. He's wearing jersey #18 because#16 was too small for him apparently.

I actually thought Ross played quite well when he came on in the Canberra trial so, apart from the fact that our depth in the backs is abysmal, I think he earned that opportunity to be first call up.
What he does with that will be up to him though, if it eventuates???:roll:

Yosh

Coach
Maybe one day we'll get Pete back and have all four brothers in our backline line up for a match. That'd be pretty special.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The team reminds me of one of BSmiths teams in 2008/09...

Not much glamour (f*ck you Boyd!!), just guys who have earned the jersey and want to be there.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm very concerned at how we will go with so many rookies in the team. Robbie Rochow was a player who started first grade as a first grade player. Most aren't like that however. Most make simple mistakes in both attack and defense due to pressure, excitement and inexperience.

However the team needed a shakeup. Rick Stone helped bring the Knights back to the Hagan era, where players felt entitled to playing first grade and lower grade players gave up due to no opportunities.

Apart from us carving up over the back half of 2013 and a Brian Smith season, the club has been a basket case since way back to 2006. Hopefully Brown can get the side moving forward again.

perverse

Referee
The rookies are the only thing that excites me about the match, really... and seeing how Hodko and Mullo go.

I want to see enthusiasm to run holes and see support at the line. Usually when we make a break there is noone in sight to support the ball.

Spot On

Coach
I'm very concerned at how we will go with so many rookies in the team. Robbie Rochow was a player who started first grade as a first grade player. Most aren't like that however. Most make simple mistakes in both attack and defense due to pressure, excitement and inexperience.

However the team needed a shakeup. Rick Stone helped bring the Knights back to the Hagan era, where players felt entitled to playing first grade and lower grade players gave up due to no opportunities.

Apart from us carving up over the back half of 2013 and a Brian Smith season, the club has been a basket case since way back to 2006. Hopefully Brown can get the side moving forward again.

Umm, no worse than the trophy we picked up last season.

I understand your point but I'm ecstatic that Brown has actually tried to change the pathetic attitude at the club. Players rewarded for digging in and having ago throughout the off season and trials. Different ball game from here on but I'm hoping Brown can improve the entire squad and fix our horrible defensive issues as the season progresses. I'm prepared for anything over the first few months but believe with a good run of luck (very few injuries) the squad can find their feet and put in some big performances.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I want to see enthusiasm to run holes and see support at the line. Usually when we make a break there is noone in sight to support the ball.

That's an aspect of the Knights that was driving me insane last season. All the good clubs support the play utilising offloads. We lacked creativity as a result.

Still Nutty

Juniors

To be honest I just want to see some structure in defence that is applied for 80 minutes and has some effect. I'll be glad to see the rookies develop and a Hodko/Mullo combination develop but I'm just keen to see that we aren't the side that an under 12s coach can look at and go..."if we go here and here all day we will win this in a canter"

My expectation of Brownie as a coach that has drawn a line in the sand on what are his acceptable standards have been met and exceeded....Whilst he has done all the right things on that front, my measure now is whether he (and his coaching team) also have the tactical nouse to build game plans and structure that will be consistent and effective over time.

Im not looking for miracles in game 1 (or 2,3,4, etc.) just a positive progression that shows us poor long suffering fans that there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel 8-[

EDIT: Just dug this out from when Brownie first picked up the gig."..."We'd like to have a team that competes hard on a regular basis before worrying about where we're going to finish," Brown said on Tuesday. "We need to be competing hard consistently. That's where we start." - OK - Let's start!

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I didn't know the Safiti's are from Terrigal, Knights will be my second team for this year now.

mozza91

Coach
Wouldn't it be nice if our defence improved to the point that we're not totally shitting ourselves when the other team is in our 20?