What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Everybody Jelly dat they don't have the skills of Luke Mutherf**ken Kelly.

All you savs tryin' to suggest that you could do a better job.

Aint foolin' no one you Mutherf**ken slobs.

So take yo' hand out yo' pants and realise.

To be dissin' my man Kelly ain't too Mutherf**ken wise.

You can keep talking out your a'holes but ain't none of you mutherf**kers know enough about the halfback role.

You just lightweights who dont know shit about shit.

So don't talkin about my gentleman Kelly you Mutherf**ken f**kwits.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You've got no idea. Most 'crap' players would miss more tackles on an NRL field than they made. There are slobs out there (you and I are probably two of them) who would miss every tackle they attempted.

I know you're trying to make a point but it's stupid. If you think it couldn't get a whole lot worse than Luke Kelly then you've got no idea how much better NRL players are than the rest of us.

Luke Kelly might be slow and weak for the NRL, but he would dominate against average Joes. The NRL is light years ahead, and even well ahead of the state cups. That's why blokes like Faraimo and Cornish can make the NSW Cup team of the year but struggle to get into first grade - it is their flaws (particularly in defence) that keep them out.

Craig Stapleton is currently one of the best props in group 7 with Josh Córdoba.

The MOM in the group 7 GF a year or so ago was a fringe dragons under 20's player.

Adam Quinlan was scoring freak in the same Comp at 19.

Nathan Fien may be making a comeback in the Illawarra Carlton league. Trent Waterhouse still playing good footy in the same comp.

Luke Kelly would be a star in either comp.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Everybody Jelly dat they don't have the skills of Luke Mutherf**ken Kelly.

All you savs tryin' to suggest that you could do a better job.

Aint foolin' no one you Mutherf**ken slobs.

So take yo' hand out yo' pants and realise.

To be dissin' my man Kelly ain't too Mutherf**ken wise.

You can keep talking out your a'holes but ain't none of you mutherf**kers know enough about the halfback role.

You just lightweights who dont know shit about shit.

So don't talkin about my gentleman Kelly you Mutherf**ken f**kwits.

Do you realise most of those lines rhyme?

Swiftstylez

Bench
I just hate seeing a bunch of deadshits kicking the piss out of a scapegoat. Must be my noble spirit.

Lmao there is nothing noble about taking a contrary opinion because you have a little mancrush. Scapegoat, you mean like Sandow? Warrington are top of the table courtesy of a Sandow field goal that would have made Thurston blush. Contrary to scapegoat opinion of last year there is precision and skill needed to "kick/pass it to semi" for a try, something that was unsurprisingly lacking without Norman and Foran.

People are giving him a hard time because this is first grade, something Luke Kelly has had ample time to come to terms with. If he plays the rest of the year with Norman we get the spoon. Considering this team is meant to be our heaven-sent roster, the lack of direction and vision was the only fault you could "scapegoat" against the Broncos. The attack in the 2nd half was literally the worst I have seen this side of the century.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Kelly did what most expected.He was ok till Norman went off. We all know he is bog average -Pou is trying to say what do you expect from a guy who is a back up.....

I thought Semi did some terrible/rookie errors. His dropped ball before halftime cost us a try and when he ran to close to sideline and was pushed over? Gee.

Jnr made little yards-Missed tackles and left holes everywhere.
Our forwards where getting belted and brisbanes defense was awesome. Even DCE looked terrible against the dogs last night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does he also realise it's not remotely funny?

And that trying to disguise the fact that he runs around siding with pou in every thread by putting in a lame rap is hardly likely to succeed?

You're just pissed that there's more than one voice of reason around here now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kelly did what most expected.He was ok till Norman went off. We all know he is bog average -Pou is trying to say what do you expect from a guy who is a back up.....

I thought Semi did some terrible/rookie errors. His dropped ball before halftime cost us a try and when he ran to close to sideline and was pushed over? Gee.

Jnr made little yards-Missed tackles and left holes everywhere.
Our forwards where getting belted and brisbanes defense was awesome. Even DCE looked terrible against the dogs last night.

Agreed on all points. You must be some kind of genius.

Swiftstylez

Bench
People are not surprised by the "back up", nor did anyone expect to win once Norman went off. I did not think we would win as soon as Foran was out... doesn't mean that people are banned from having an opinion after paying for a "premium" ticket game and given a shit on a plate. There is nothing genius about it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Does he also realise it's not remotely funny?

And that trying to disguise the fact that he runs around siding with pou in every thread by putting in a lame rap is hardly likely to succeed?

You would be much better basing your arguments on facts rather than whether or not you like or dislike someone. It appears to cloud your judgement.

For what it's worth, I actually don't rate Kelly at all and would be much happier if we brought in Cornish. I just don't feel the need to make him a scapegoat like a lot of other people have.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You would be much better basing your arguments on facts rather than whether or not you like or dislike someone. It appears to cloud your judgement.

For what it's worth, I actually don't rate Kelly at all and would be much happier if we brought in Cornish. I just don't feel the need to make him a scapegoat like a lot of other people have.

He is only a scapegoat if, in fact, he isn't to blame.

The fact that he is useless in FG probably, can't direct play, run or kick AND has a penchant for either passing 5m behind the runners to the turf or into the stands on the full may just indicate that he isn't thr scapegoat.
Do you honestly think Cornish could have done worse? 5% more creative spark and we might have jagged a try and got into the game.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep sums it up.

Gary try having an opinion that is based on the match and not one you think is safe because other people will be onside with it.

Then your humour will come across as less smug and sucky.

But prob not quite actually funny.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is only a scapegoat if, in fact, he isn't to blame.

The fact that he is useless in FG probably, can't direct play, run or kick AND has a penchant for either passing 5m behind the runners to the turf or into the stands on the full may just indicate that he isn't thr scapegoat.
Do you honestly think Cornish could have done worse? 5% more creative spark and we might have jagged a try and got into the game.

Do you think he is the entire reason why we lost against the Broncos?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep sums it up.

Gary try having an opinion that is based on the match and not one you think is safe because other people will be onside with it.

Then your humour will come across as less smug and sucky.

But prob not quite actually funny.

Yep. Sums it up but manages to come up with the error code on the calculator (might be user error).

It is quite simple Bigfella. He didn't play well. But did he play so poorly that he is the sole reason why we lost? No way.

However, whilst I don't think he cost us that game and therefore should not be made a scapegoat for that loss, I do agree with the suggestion that Cornish wouldn't have done worse.

Try reading what I wrote, rather than jumping in to slobber all over OMC's knob and therefore reinforce a poorly made point.

Bigfella

Coach
Except that I made the point before OMC did, so that makes no sense
at all.

Kind of like the "you are" responses that kindergarten children make.

You've gone from hiding behind Pou's coat tails to lamely back-pedalling pretty quickly.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Except that I made the point before OMC did, so that makes no sense
at all.

Kind of like the "you are" responses that kindergarten children make.

You've gone from hiding behind Pou's coat tails to lamely back-pedalling pretty quickly.

I must have missed that bit where the post of yours that I quoted managed to break the space time continuum.

You misinterpreted my earlier posts as hiding behind Pou's coat tails which is a pathetic description, bettered only by your attempt to suggest that I back-pedalled at any stage.

I am still of the same position that I always was. The scapegoating of Luke Kelly after this loss is wrong, along with any suggestion that he was responsible for us losing. That has been my position from the start and remains my position now.

...Oh, and sorry you didn't like my non-serious rap. It seems to have set you off.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I rate Jnr.He is our best prospect as a front rower. But on Thursday in attack Mannah-terepo and Jnr had the same hit up. Mannah and terepo made 20 extra meters with their runs
Alvaro had one less run and made 2 less meters then JNR

People remember the 2 good runs Jnr makes that knock a guy over.And sometimes these runs can change momentum of a game. But Jnr is a huge risk on anything over $350K . Even that is a stretch. He is slow to get up once makes a tackle and good hookers notice this.He also leave big gaps in defense. The second try broncos scored most forwards in Jnrs position would of tackled oates or atleast slowed him up.Jnr was just to SLOW.
You need output and value for $$$. Why pay 400k for junior if can pick up a gower -terepo -alvaro for 150k? Sure Jnr is a better player ( in attack ) but are those two good runs a game worth that extra money?

I might be harsh but a guy like him should be posting 120mtrs + a game.

I would much rather young forwards of RGC or Jake Tribjovic..... They are putting up 120+ mtrs every game.

Latest posts