What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is spot on as usual.

It appears as though people always need someone to blame for a loss when often it is as a result of poor performances by many people. Kelly was the whipping boy after Round 1.

Bigfella

Coach
Show me a post where I blamed kelly for the loss.

It's got to the point where a bloke is patently shit, ruins the confidence of his runners, can't pass properly, takes awful options and has a below acceptable skill level, and if you point the bleeding obvious out then a group of smug f**kwits want to call you a deathrider or a scapegoater.

No surprise it's consistently the dumbest merkins on the forum.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Show me a post where I blamed kelly for the loss.

It's got to the point where a bloke is patently shit, ruins the confidence of his runners, can't pass properly, takes awful options and has a below acceptable skill level, and if you point the bleeding obvious out then a group of smug f**kwits want to call you a deathrider or a scapegoater.

No surprise it's consistently the dumbest merkins on the forum.

you know, even dumb people have the intelligence to know that the word dumb describes people who have lost the ability to speak

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You might not like me or think I am funny but I can guarantee you that I am not dumb, Bigfella.

The majority of the conversation from people like you has been focused on Kelly and his ineptitude. The level of focus and scrutiny is not commensurate with the shitness of his performance and gives the impression that he was the only person who played poorly.

If you start to present more balanced arguments about all players and stop focusing all of your efforts on a select few that you dont like then I suspect the "smug comments" will disappear.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Dont know if its been mentioned earlier but i thought that the refs did a good job on thursday night compared to the other games that i have seen. I dont normally gives the refs a rap but only 7 penalties were blown and when u compare that to the trial game against penrith which was a stop start affair it was a lot better spectacle.

Swiftstylez

Bench
What the f**k? Did some of you even watch the game or are you just blissfully ignorant? We might not have won without kelly but we would have done a lot better and that is not arguable. This forum is in an alternate reality.

To anyone who thinks having a better half isn't the answer ask yourself this: why should we be any better this season? The team isn't drastically different on the whole.

Anyone who is thinking about joining this eels forum don't bother. Overrun with ideologues that refuse to debate and sophistry that attempts to placate the empty losing feeling of years gone by.

Bigfella

Coach
You might not like me or think I am funny but I can guarantee you that I am not dumb, Bigfella.

The majority of the conversation from people like you has been focused on Kelly and his ineptitude. The level of focus and scrutiny is not commensurate with the shitness of his performance and gives the impression that he was the only person who played poorly.

If you start to present more balanced arguments about all players and stop focusing all of your efforts on a select few that you dont like then I suspect the "smug comments" will disappear.

It is commensurate with how shit he is. That's the point.

Plenty of people are sick of the suckhole attitude of blokes like you and pou and twizzle who want to pretend that they are better fans because they want to excuse blokes who are shit or Heard of that position because I think there is strength in numbers in doing it

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It is commensurate with how shit he is. That's the point.

Plenty of people are sick of the suckhole attitude of blokes like you and pou and twizzle who want to pretend that they are better fans because they want to excuse blokes who are shit or Heard of that position because I think there is strength in numbers in doing it

It's not commensurate at all. It is way over the top and not balanced at all. You have a point - he isn't great but do we need to hear it every f**ken 5 seconds?

To suggest that anyone who takes a more balanced approach is a 'suckhole' or trying to 'make excuses' is far too simplistic an assessment. Some people just don't feel the need to be consistently blaming one person when he is far from being on his own.

Go back and read this thread. It isn't just the three people that you have singled out that have made this point.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What the f**k? Did some of you even watch the game or are you just blissfully ignorant? We might not have won without kelly but we would have done a lot better and that is not arguable. This forum is in an alternate reality.

To anyone who thinks having a better half isn't the answer ask yourself this: why should we be any better this season? The team isn't drastically different on the whole.

Anyone who is thinking about joining this eels forum don't bother. Overrun with ideologues that refuse to debate and sophistry that attempts to placate the empty losing feeling of years gone by.

I don't think that is the point that some of us are making.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Guys breaking news: criticising a particular player is now off limits, in particular the halfback. All eels fans from the past three decades are to be charged after the fact with this dispicable crime. Gary gutful and Poo Pop will get their halos engraved with the slogan: "there is no 'I' in team". May everyone get a participation trophy for performing however they want at the highest level.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Guys breaking news: criticising a particular player is now off limits, in particular the halfback. All eels fans from the past three decades are to be charged after the fact with this dispicable crime. Gary gutful and Poo Pop will get their halos engraved with the slogan: "there is no 'I' in team". May everyone get a participation trophy for performing however they want at the highest level.

Don't be disingenuous.

There is a difference between being critical and borderline obsessive. All I am suggesting is that the critics could be a little more balanced. Surely that is not an unreasonable suggestion?

Swiftstylez

Bench
Don't be disingenuous.

There is a difference between being critical and borderline obsessive. All I am suggesting is that the critics could be a little more balanced. Surely that is not an unreasonable suggestion?

Awww that's cute, I wish that rule applied for Sandow and Tim Smith.

Latest posts