What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on Peats injury

Don't no how the media can release that I'm out for 6 weeks when they have no idea. I normally wouldn't say anything but don't write things
2:58pm - 13 Mar 16
When you have no idea. Because than I get punished and asked questions all day long.
2:59pm - 13 Mar 16

They weren't talking about you Pedge. They were talkin about Peatsy :)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If true he still sees Kaysa as a bench rake and not a starter, with his injury history probably not a bad idea to bring him in slowly.

Parra47

Juniors
Hoping Peats won't be out too long. At least we have some very good fill ins. Pritchard looked good when he came on to replace Peats. DeGois is a toiler with plenty of experience, and King was a star until injured. Bennett wanted him at Newcastle. Be very interesting to see how he'd go at NRL level now.

phantom eel

First Grade
The pecking order for starting hooker is probably the same as previously:
Peats > De Gois > Pricthard/King

Pritchard has been re-signed, so - on account of his age - we obviously see potential there. But at the moment it's only as a bench option, rather than a starter. De Gois would still be the back-up to Peats when injured, as he was with reasonable success last season.

I'm not sure why we signed King and have four hookers in our top squad? Maybe he came very cheap, or is on a Wenty contract? Good to have additional back up with top level experience, and see what comes of King's career this season as he recovers through the injury cobwebs.

I'd say we'll only sign one of Peats/De Gois/King into our top 25 next season. Maybe King is our 2017 cover to play alongside Pritchard, if Peats attracts insane contract offers from elsewhere and De Gois retires or heads to England?

Basil Brush

Juniors
Out for 6 weeks from what I read today.

Edit: Just saw his tweets. How awesome is the "angry ant"??

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
De gois playing - I reckon means Kaysa gets more game time. Perhaps 45-de gois - 35 Kaysa.

Peats is a great hooker but de gois is also great. He may not have the same aggressive style or quite as sharp out of dummy half but his tackling technique is superior ( one of best in game ). He milks the penalty better if markers aren't square and is more of a leadership style player.

Kornstar

Coach
Gordon said on the radio this morning that Peats turned up the morning recovery saying he would be playing.

Gordon didn't say whether he would or not but did say he was tough and arrogant about an injury keeping him from playing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There was an interview with him of the Matty Johns Show, he said he was told he will be out for three weeks but he will be back in two

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Must be why your success rate is so high

I see the forum stalker is back, which is kinda creepy

Mustn't be much happening in your life if you have to rely on stalking anonymous users on an internet forum to get your jollies

Sad really

Bigfella

Coach
Lol.

Replying to comments on an Internet forum is stalking now?

Seems there's another word you don't know the meaning of.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dyldam Parramatta Eels hooker Nathan Peats will be sidelined for 2-4 weeks after dislocating his elbow in Saturday night’s game against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Forward Joseph Ualesi is recovering well from a back injury incurred during the pre-season, with an expected return date of Round 6.

Second-rower Anthony Watmough continues to train on a modified rehab program for a knee injury.

Kieren Moss is available for selection after recovering from an injury to a toe tendon sustained during the 2016 pre-season.

Under 20s fullback Bevan French is also available for selection after a hand injury.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/content/eels/club/news/2016/03/15/eels_injury_update_a.html

84 Baby

Referee
The pecking order for starting hooker is probably the same as previously:
Peats > De Gois > Pricthard/King

Pritchard has been re-signed, so - on account of his age - we obviously see potential there. But at the moment it's only as a bench option, rather than a starter. De Gois would still be the back-up to Peats when injured, as he was with reasonable success last season.

I'm not sure why we signed King and have four hookers in our top squad? Maybe he came very cheap, or is on a Wenty contract? Good to have additional back up with top level experience, and see what comes of King's career this season as he recovers through the injury cobwebs.

I'd say we'll only sign one of Peats/De Gois/King into our top 25 next season. Maybe King is our 2017 cover to play alongside Pritchard, if Peats attracts insane contract offers from elsewhere and De Gois retires or heads to England?

I'd say starting order is correct, but Pritchard is ahead of IDG overall because of what he offers from bench late in game. Also I think the King signing maybe a pressure builder on Peats to either perform or accept an offer less than what we would have otherwise had to offer