What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
What if the NRL said the board had to go OR we lose points and the board decided not to?

Only the PLC members can make sure that doesn't happen.
Anyone who is a PLC member send me a PM and I will share some ideas if you're interested because I don't want to discuss what I think is going to happen in public. :shock:

Do you really think they would lose points rather than step down? If they did, it would be the end of their careers as football administrators anyway, no way they survive the next election if they do that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you really think they would lose points rather than step down? If they did, it would be the end of their careers as football administrators anyway, no way they survive the next election if they do that.
Agreed, I doubt they even survive the AGM in May, a no confidence motion would be a certainty.

If we make the finals and go on to win the comp despite being docked 4 points then they'll win for sure.

They'll look like tough merkins who stood up to the NRL and won.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Would they really be seen as tough merkins who stood up to the NRL???

Or merkins who put themselves and their cushy positions ahead of the club, players and fans???

Lock in B Eddie.

ash411

Bench

Or merkins who put themselves and their cushy positions ahead of the club, players and fans???

Lock in B Eddie.

Yep, that's how I would see them forever, as a bunch of merkins who think they're bigger than the club. I wouldn't care if we went undefeated, wouldn't matter.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we make the finals and go on to win the comp despite being docked 4 points then they'll win for sure.

They'll look like tough merkins who stood up to the NRL and won.

Would make a good story..... Throw in some hollywood touches like perhaps the Mafia is involved and a few men from the NRL go missing along with board members.

forward pass

Coach
By the way - Todd Greenbergs comments last night on the Footy show were slightly concerning.

1) He agreed with Fattys comments that fines are not much of a deterrent for salary cap discretions.
2) A fan letter mentioned that losing points would affect all Eels fans - his comment was their other 15 other clubs fans who would be affected if action was not taken
3) He stated that every club knows the salary cap rules
4) He stated the NRL has been tough on this in the past and will continue to do so. The NRL is never afraid of tough decisions.

There you go. I am not saying it is a gimme or not - but those comments are an indication of where he stands on salary cap breaches.

Gronk

Staff member

Lock in B Eddie.

What's cushy about being on our board? It would have to be the hardest, most stressful elected position in Australian sport.

+ 1. What's cushy about being on a Board which is constantly being white-anted by merkins ?

Must be the $15,000 pa honorarium and free pies and crownies at home games. :sarcasm:

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
By the way - Todd Greenbergs comments last night on the Footy show were slightly concerning.

1) He agreed with Fattys comments that fines are not much of a deterrent for salary cap discretions.
2) A fan letter mentioned that losing points would affect all Eels fans - his comment was their other 15 other clubs fans who would be affected if action was not taken
3) He stated that every club knows the salary cap rules
4) He stated the NRL has been tough on this in the past and will continue to do so. The NRL is never afraid of tough decisions.

There you go. I am not saying it is a gimme or not - but those comments are an indication of where he stands on salary cap breaches.

Unfortunately for us i think greenberg will want to make a statement that he wont be pushed around and any allegations that have been in the media prove true i have a bad feeling they will rub enough points off us to rule out any chance of us making finals

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah, I ain't to confident about all this to be honest. Despite sharp stating things were taken out of context and claims things aren't as bad as the media is making out. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. If there's major breaching I dare say we'll have a new board.

Heaven help us.. :(

emjaycee

Coach
My mail is that we are going to lose points.
Unfortunately being outraged on an internet forum and calling for the Board to be sacked isn't going to get us out of this one.
Only PLC members with voting rights can save us losing points unless the Board fall on their swords which seems to be a long shot given recent comments in the press.

Let's hope it's only Watmough's 3rd party deal and we can fit it in the cap this year.
At least if it is only his deal that is the issue then it's not huge and maybe we can fit in or get a small fine, at worst lose 4 pts. 4pts we could handle anymore than that and we might struggle to make the 8.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
+ 1. What's cushy about being on a Board which is constantly being white-anted by merkins ?

Must be the $15,000 pa honorarium and free pies and crownies at home games. :sarcasm:
Its all the perks that comes with it, it's not just the money. If it's such a shit job why does every man and his dog try and get on the board and do whatever it takes to stay there????

Or drag the club down after they are out of the picture???

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Let's hope it's only Watmough's 3rd party deal and we can fit it in the cap this year.
At least if it is only his deal that is the issue then it's not huge and maybe we can fit in or get a small fine, at worst lose 4 pts. 4pts we could handle anymore than that and we might struggle to make the 8.

That would sum up being a parramatta supporter watching them struggle on the field for 7 years then to finally have a quality football team to support only to have season taken away from them and us fans will be incredibly frustrating and disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.