What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
entertainment-comedian-comic-stand_up_comic-jokes-clown-rron684_low.jpg

southsport

First Grade
my argument here is sack the 6 duds that are deemed to be 1st graders and find 3 better 1st graders and buy them by the june dead line and elevate crichton, and williams and dokolinavu thats our last hope for 2016 or we will not win a top 8 spot by keeping these 6 duds i can assure you that southsport. help where are you r20 i need common sense in here.

Isn't this great shadow! I love these challenges, we can ride the wave of success over the coming seasons back to the top!!! :D

DiegoNT

First Grade
my argument here is sack the 6 duds that are deemed to be 1st graders and find 3 better 1st graders and buy them by the june dead line and elevate crichton, and williams and dokolinavu thats our last hope for 2016 or we will not win a top 8 spot by keeping these 6 duds i can assure you that southsport. help where are you r20 i need common sense in here.

But how would you buy them? If you sack 6 players you need to replace them with 6 players to make up your top 25 squad. If you only pay the 6 players minimum wage it is still $510k. I'd be very surprised if we had $510k worth of cap space free. That means we've gone into the season with 7.5% of our cap unspent while at the same time shifting walker, mcqueen and Grant to fit sam under the cap

Rsag85

Bench
But how would you buy them? If you sack 6 players you need to replace them with 6 players to make up your top 25 squad. If you only pay the 6 players minimum wage it is still $510k. I'd be very surprised if we had $510k worth of cap space free. That means we've gone into the season with 7.5% of our cap unspent while at the same time shifting walker, mcqueen and Grant to fit sam under the cap

He doesn't get how the salary cap works just thinks we can sell and buy players.

southsport

First Grade
And I'll be pushing your wheelchair shadow, wheelchair in one hand and walking stick in the other, but we won't give up, will we?

Curns13

Juniors
Have a clean out at the end of the year not mid way during a season but as Diego says you release lower payed players, you can't replace them with 6 or 8 superstars. It just doesn't work that way. Cap is there in place.

Even cleaning out at the end of the year is really difficult. The coach can tell the pleyer he won't get time or offered another contract, but unless there is another team out there that wants them, why would they leave? Clark, Tyrrel, Turner, Nielsen, Oldfield; these guys are not exactly highly sought after. We can't just rip up their contracts, we can only move them if the agree to move. Who else wants those guys? And the teams that do want us to pay their salary. How does it help us to have 5 fringe first graders (who as it has been said, have to be replaced) playing somewhere else on our coin? You cannot just "get rid of the duds', its much more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.