What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

Joel-22

Juniors
It's sad that a competitive side is 2 years away but judging from what we've seen this year and the last this is the side I'd be aiming for by 2018

1.Jordan Rankin (26)
2.Jake Mamo (23)
3.Sione Mata'utia (21)
4.Pete Mata'utia (27)
5.Chanel Mata'utia (25)
6.Brock Lamb (21)
7.Jack Cogger (21)
8.Sam Mataora (27)
9.Danny Levi (22)
10.Aiden Tolman (29)
11.Josh Jackson (27)
12.Mitchell Barnett (24)
13.Jack Stockwell (26)

14.Tyler Randall (25)
15.Daniel Saifiti (21)
16.Jacob Saifiti (21)
17.Pauli Pauli (23)

Swarzey

Bench
Our only option is to really throw one year bones to any player between 21-25 who can't make an NRL side but play well in NSW Cup. Or any U20's player that looks like they have potential but will be stuck behind plenty. Or take option A and do that with the entire ESL.

Surely we'll find enough gems to build a decent team. Either way, we're f**ked from here on out. I'll be surprised if we're ever competitive again.

Our only option is to really throw one year bones to any player between 21-25 who can't make an NRL side but play well in NSW Cup. Or any U20's player that looks like they have potential but will be stuck behind plenty. Or take option A and do that with the entire ESL.

Surely we'll find enough gems to build a decent team. Either way, we're f**ked from here on out. I'll be surprised if we're ever competitive again.

It worked for the cowboys signing JT.

You are probably right, no world class player will want to come here so finding young potential superstars is our only option. Problem with that is we could find some good players tomorrow, or never ever find any good players.

I also dont think we have much money employed in people to go looking for these players. There is a shit load of talent in the QLD cup and ESL that we could pick from, but i reckon our club only has enough money and employees to scout NSW cup teams.

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
Not sure why you guys rate Levi so much. Yes he is young and he tries hard but he misses a lot of tackles every week. Last night he made 32 tackles and missed 6. Same last week. In round 4 he made 30 tackles and missed 8.overall he had missed just under 15% of tackles which is quite a lot and he doesn't really am to show any signs of improvement.

Not paying him or the Knights team out, just a friendly discussion and wondering why he is so rated amongst the Knights supporters.

slotmachine

First Grade
If you don't horribly over rate the next young junior you've got zero to look forward as a Knights fan.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not sure why you guys rate Levi so much. Yes he is young and he tries hard but he misses a lot of tackles every week. Last night he made 32 tackles and missed 6. Same last week. In round 4 he made 30 tackles and missed 8.overall he had missed just under 15% of tackles which is quite a lot and he doesn't really am to show any signs of improvement.

Not paying him or the Knights team out, just a friendly discussion and wondering why he is so rated amongst the Knights supporters.

Not saying Levi is a great defender but using missed tackles for a guy defending in the middle of the field can be pretty misleading.

I remember Tigers fans telling us that Farah was a much better defender than Buderus because Farah would make 45 tackles and miss 2 while Buderus made 30 and missed 4.

Difference was that Buderus was often the first guy who went up and met the ball runner, whereas Farah hangs out the back as third man in or jumps high and lets them carry him 5-10 metres.

If a guy in the middle of the field is missing tackles, to me it can just be that he is getting up there first and pressuring the defence. A missed tackle can be charging up and making the ball runner change direction and getting a hand on him, or hitting them and stopping their momentum but bumping off for others to then complete the tackle.

Tbh I haven't been watching closely enough lately to say on Levi, but I just don't rate using those stats as a gauge. You wouldn't get many arguments from any players over the last decade who the best defensive hooker was in the NRL but Bedsy didn't look great on the stat sheet.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

He's a 90kg hooker standing in the middle of the field...

In defence, his job is to do the best he can. Its the 110kg guys standing either side of him that need to do the work to cover him.

Spot On

Coach

I can see your point but apparently he's just been selected in the Kiwi test squad.

Mullen will there. I reckon we'll see out his contract. He'll come under the marquee rule and senseless not using it when we have it.
I can't see the 3 Mats being long term for us. Sione - maybe.
I also reckon we'll see another half before Cogger gets a spot.

PhilGould

Bench
I will be shocked if Mullen finishes his contract here. Wouldn't be surprised if Hodkinson leaves early either.

I'd be odds on Hodkinson leaving. He's more of a liability than Mullen both financially and otherwise. No 8 years with the club for Hodko.

League_God

Juniors
It's sad that a competitive side is 2 years away but judging from what we've seen this year and the last this is the side I'd be aiming for by 2018

1.Jordan Rankin (26)
2.Jake Mamo (23)
3.Sione Mata'utia (21)
4.Pete Mata'utia (27)
5.Chanel Mata'utia (25)
6.Brock Lamb (21)
7.Jack Cogger (21)
8.Sam Mataora (27)
9.Danny Levi (22)
10.Aiden Tolman (29)
11.Josh Jackson (27)
12.Mitchell Barnett (24)
13.Jack Stockwell (26)

14.Tyler Randall (25)
15.Daniel Saifiti (21)
16.Jacob Saifiti (21)
17.Pauli Pauli (23)

1.Pete Mata'utia
2.Chanel Mata'utia
3.George Jennings
4.Robert Jennings
5.Sione Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jake Cogger
8.Sam Mataora
9.Danny Levi
10.Daniel Saifiti
11.Jacob Saifiti
12.Korbin Sims
13.Tariq Sims

14.Tyrone Peachey
15.Jack Stockwell
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Mitch Barnett

I think that's realistic

ryana87

Juniors
Someone on the Knights addicts Facebook page claiming Hodko will be dropped for sharks game...... Hopefully this is true and shows he is already on the outer, and night also let Daley know not to pick him

If Brown is keeping with the form selection criteria he has, then I would not be surprised if he is dropped. He has been very disappointing.

Burns

First Grade
Someone on the Knights addicts Facebook page claiming Hodko will be dropped for sharks game...... Hopefully this is true and shows he is already on the outer, and night also let Daley know not to pick him

Would be an utter farce really. A player who has completely failed to make any impact on out team. Worst signing ever?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
1.Pete Mata'utia
2.Chanel Mata'utia
3.George Jennings
4.Robert Jennings
5.Sione Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jake Cogger
8.Sam Mataora
9.Danny Levi
10.Daniel Saifiti
11.Jacob Saifiti
12.Korbin Sims
13.Tariq Sims

14.Tyrone Peachey
15.Jack Stockwell
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Mitch Barnett

I think that's realistic

I don't mind this team at all actually, could be really solid in a few years time and would still have heaps of room to improve.

Latest posts