What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Kornstar

Coach
Got lucky last night in this game. Just like first grade they came home strong but we held them out.

Forty20

First Grade
Bevan scored a try that channeled Krisnan Inu in 2007 or 2008 when he grubbered near the in-goals and was pushed into touch and got back in to score. On this time around, French caught a Parra attacking bomb, jinked to his right and before he got pushed out he grubbered ahead and ran down outside the field of play, stepped back in and regathered before stepping past two more defenders. Awesome try.

On the whole I think Bev was fairly measured in his return. Didn't dominate the game but had some great flashes.

Twal was solid as he works his way back from injury as well. Will look for him to stand up in the coming weeks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you expect any to play first grade next season from under 20's? Bevan-Twal-Fuimano i would think are a great chance.
Do you have any smokies other then those 3?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All three will probably become first graders eventually. Fuimaono seems most likely to walk straight into a top 25 slot. No surprise he is still uncontracted for next year. Must be holding out for bigger and better offers, which are certain to come.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think Fuimaono is already top 25 as he's always in the training photos. I'd also be looking for Jack Morris to play a bit of first grade. Gets through a fair bit of work on the edge and I think if he did some extras with Beau Scott he'd be right for first grade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don't see the massive wraps in Twai, he is solid and workman like but we a heap of those at the club. We need a wrecking ball.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think Fuimaono is already top 25 as he's always in the training photos. I'd also be looking for Jack Morris to play a bit of first grade. Gets through a fair bit of work on the edge and I think if he did some extras with Beau Scott he'd be right for first grade.

Given that we've just got rid of 3 Top 25 players it would be interesting to know who was elevated. I don't think he would have been in Top 25 before the last week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't see the massive wraps in Twai, he is solid and workman like but we a heap of those at the club. We need a wrecking ball.

Everyone needs a solid worker. Best part is he is a big frame and once he bulks up he might end up like RCG.Who is a worker but also starting to hit hard and intimidate. He is a better talent then Alvaro.I see him putting on about 6-7 kgs and getting up around 110-112 kg mark.

Guys like Mannah and wicks arent young nor getting any better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Everyone needs a solid worker. Best part is he is a big frame and once he bulks up he might end up like RCG.Who is a worker but also starting to hit hard and intimidate. He is a better talent then Alvaro.I see him putting on about 6-7 kgs and getting up around 110-112 kg mark.

Guys like Mannah and wicks arent young nor getting any better.
My point was we have enough solid workers, without Junior we don't have a wrecking ball or an intimidator in the middle. Twai will probably replace someone like Wicks as early as next year and do a good job but he's hardly ever going to be down world beater that we are all hoping.

Forty20

First Grade
Parra leading 22-0 at half time in the National Championship. Brilliant first stanza with out right edge just carving them up.

Chipmunk

Coach
My point was we have enough solid workers, without Junior we don't have a wrecking ball or an intimidator in the middle. Twai will probably replace someone like Wicks as early as next year and do a good job but he's hardly ever going to be down world beater that we are all hoping.

Twal better be able to provide the best go forward of any player who's played for Parra in the past, otherwise we will be woeful next season without re-enforcements in the middle.

Forty20

First Grade
Absolutely dominant showing from our boys as they run out 32-0 victors. John Paul Nohra is declared man of the match.

Undefeated season right through to the National Championship.

emjaycee

Coach
Given that we've just got rid of 3 Top 25 players it would be interesting to know who was elevated. I don't think he would have been in Top 25 before the last week.

Just to clarify, I don't think anyone HAD to be elevated.
Peats would still be top 25 on our books, so would Watmough based on payout figure and half Morgan's salary would still be close to top 25 money.

Latest posts