What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

emjaycee

Coach
I had posts deleted when I used that terminology a year or so ago. Are we okay to use it now?

Is there another way to get the point across ?

As long as its not derogatory.

So we can call white people salt but can't use the term pepper?

Could just use terms like:
- Anglo
- European
- Caucasian

And for others maybe try:
- Islander
- Maori
- Pacific Islander

Hell, if needed you could dig deep and come up with:
- Asian
- Middle Eastern
- Negro
- African
- Indian

Kornstar

Coach
Could just use terms like:
- Anglo
- European
- Caucasian

And for others maybe try:
- Islander
- Maori
- Pacific Islander

Hell, if needed you could dig deep and come up with:
- Asian
- Middle Eastern
- Negro
- African
- Indian

Or just, player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can refer to white people however the f**k you want, they can not be racially abused.

To be fair though in history white people were complete pieces of shit so it doesn't bother me that much considering most of the bogans I know are still racist as f**k which actually does bother me.

If you knew any non-white people in any significant numbers you'd realise racism isn't a white thing.

hindy111

Post Whore
By saying islanders develop muscle and are generally stronger is not in any way putting them down - It is saying they are genetically superior.
Other guys just have to use different methods to be better then them as aren't as strong and in league you need a mixture of both. It also seems easier to just get a big strong islander to run straight and hard then it is to find a smart skillfull player like say Norman or Foran

Delboy

First Grade
Our starting front row will be all country in the Harold Matthews next year. Henry Hall from Scone and David Hollis from Wauchope. Very excited to see these two lead the charge, Hollis is really tall, about 6'5" from what I saw. Then I think we'll have Justin Dalby. Josh Gatt as one second-rower. Not sure on the rest.

Few questions Delboy, I've heard from a few places that Joshua Schuster is coming back to Parra after a year in Manly's HMatts team have you heard anything? Campbell Byrd fullback? And finally I'm assuming that Tyler Field will be one of our halves next year who has impressed you most to be his partner?

Think you hve hit most of the recruits, Josh Gatt will probably play lock as he is not as tall as others

Byrd shoe in at fullback as is Field at 7, If Schuster comes back and I understand he wants to, he could possibly end up at 6. He destroyed sides in the U14 Sydney Comp playing there, he is surprisingly quick for a 6 foot 100 kg 15 year old. The Parramatta comp in this age group is particularly strong. Some big boys if used properly on the edges will do well, I won't name the players but Wenty/ Rouse Hill and Hills will make up a fair proportion of those chosen from the locals.

Delboy

First Grade
Dalby played in the centres in the MCS side yesterday, did well as he is s strong , quick runner . Didn't expect him to play that well in that position, may surprise playing there, actually there are a couple of rep standard sprinters that are in the talent squad that will probably play on the wings

Kornstar

Coach
If you knew any non-white people in any significant numbers you'd realise racism isn't a white thing.

:lol:

I know plenty of non-white people. I work with half of India and grew up in South West Sydney!

You are right, other races generally have a specific other race they hate the most for whatever reason.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Think you hve hit most of the recruits, Josh Gatt will probably play lock as he is not as tall as others

Byrd shoe in at fullback as is Field at 7, If Schuster comes back and I understand he wants to, he could possibly end up at 6. He destroyed sides in the U14 Sydney Comp playing there, he is surprisingly quick for a 6 foot 100 kg 15 year old. The Parramatta comp in this age group is particularly strong. Some big boys if used properly on the edges will do well, I won't name the players but Wenty/ Rouse Hill and Hills will make up a fair proportion of those chosen from the locals.

I was impressed by Schuster when we played Manly in the prelim finals. He was so big and where they played him I thought he was a prop. He certainly ran like one.

hindy111

Post Whore
:lol:

I know plenty of non-white people. I work with half of India and grew up in South West Sydney!

You are right, other races generally have a specific other race they hate the most for whatever reason.

No wonder your always negative

Delboy

First Grade
I was impressed by Schuster when we played Manly in the prelim finals. He was so big and where they played him I thought he was a prop. He certainly ran like one.

Well to be honest I didn't see Moanly play this year, saw a fair bit of Schuster last year and he always played around the halves, you can imagine he swamped some of them when he was at 6.

Field was the 7 and he was at 6 when the Eels played all the other Sydney teams when they won that 2 day comp, some had never seen anyone that big and mobile playing around the back of forwards.

He probably needs to get a bit more stamina to play there, but if he does come back, wil be interesting positional choice

Gronk

Staff member
NRL Rookie show starts this week on GO!.

Eligibility is:-

NRL ROOKIE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

In order to be eligible for the program NRL Rookies had to meet the following criteria:

The Applicant had to be at least 20 years of age;
The Applicant must never have been on an NRL first grade Top 25 Squad List or played an NRL first grade game;
The Applicant must not have played a Second Tier NRL match (NSW/QLD Cup) or a Holden Cup U20's in either of the last three seasons (being 2013-2015).

So it will feature players who have slipped through the cracks. Might be worth a look.

PREMIERE – Tuesday – GO! 7.30PM (SYD/MEL/BRIS)
ENCORE 1 - Wednesday - CH9 10.30PM (SYD/BRIS)

http://nrlrookie.com/

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta EelsVerified account ‏@TheParraEels 1m1 minute ago
Halftime in the Eels NYC clash with a he young #blueandgold heading to the sheds with a 14-0 lead. Great start at McCredie Park

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McCredie Park ?

We playing park footy now ? Unless its changed since I played there

Gronk

Staff member
League Unlimited NRL ‏@LeagueUnlimited 8m8 minutes ago
FULLTIME #HoldenCup at McCredie Park

@TheParraEels 38 def @storm 14

#NYCEelsStorm

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ended up winning 38-14. Bevan played really well in attack and defence. Was told by Burty that the SG Ball players that have moved up are being given a month of "pre-season training" so that they get up to fitness and have to endure what the 20's squad endured in the proper pre-season, so it may be a while before we see any changes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do we even need to make any changes? I suppose we will want to eventually give French, Twal and Fuimaono some time in the NSW Cup.

Also, from our massively over-the-cap 2014 squad the following players played (or will play tomorrow) NRL this weekend:

Davis
Matterson
Pauli
Pritchard
Aloiai
Moeroa

Which is not bad considering the oldest of them are only 22 this year. How many of the ones at other clubs would make our current side? None, which is why we let them go.

I herd young Ethan Parry from this years SG Ball team a year young, broke his ankle trialing for NSWCCC u18s. Poor kid.

I also herd this years successful Parramatta Harold matts team is doing a lap of honour prior to tomorrow nights 1st grade game at Parramatta stadium v Melbourne. Great Initiative shown bye the club to reward these young players with a presentation and lap of honour.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I herd young Ethan Parry from this years SG Ball team a year young, broke his ankle trialing for NSWCCC u18s. Poor kid.

I also herd this years successful Parramatta Harold matts team is doing a lap of honour prior to tomorrow nights 1st grade game at Parramatta stadium v Melbourne. Great Initiative shown bye the club to reward these young players with a presentation and lap of honour.

Yeah Parry and Taufa Afu suffered some pretty bad injuries from what Fieldsy told me today.

Yeah they used to do that a few years ago when we would comtinually win the district rep finals.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Do we even need to make any changes? I suppose we will want to eventually give French, Twal and Fuimaono some time in the NSW Cup

The main player that I think we'd be looking to promote would be Steve Dresler who I think could easily overtake Kurt De Luis or even Jamie Stowers on the bench. The other one would be Tui Afualo who could easily replace Cerruto at centre but I'm not sure if we'd play him in NYC considering he still has another year of SG Ball available to him.

Latest posts