What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Apologies if something like this exists already.

Off to see Frank Woodley this weekend as part of the Sydney Comedy Festival. Should be some pretty wacky, absurd and physical comedy.

Just wondering if anyone is off to any shows or if not , people's favorite comics and why.

Incorrect

Coach
Saw Craig McLaughlin on the Footy Show once.... thank goodness for Lifeline otherwise I might not still be here today!

Zoidberg

First Grade
Arj Barker. Seen him once, love his stuff.

Umbilical bros. seen them twice, very funny stuff.

Demetri Martin. Got 2 of his performances on CD, very clever and very funny.

jargan83

Coach
I've seen Arj Barker multiple times, love his work. I saw Stephen K Amos a couple of years ago, saw Jim Jefferies last year. Sami Shah is pretty funny as well.

Jimmy Carr in January was brilliant.

Got dragged to a Kitty Flanagan show by my parents last year as they bought tickets for the whole family, one or two chuckles but was motsly bored for 90 minutes.

Perth Comedy festival starts this month I think so I might go and check a show or two.

elyod138

Bench
Aaron Gocs is great, check him out before he blows up.

Still playing free shows at the moment and even did one at his house the other day.

Frederick

Staff member
Lee Evans is brilliant. Guy sweats a few liters on stage. Retired now though.

Lee Mack is pretty funny. Jimmy Carr as stated is awesome (check out 8 out of 10 cats does countdown - British mash up show hosted by Carr and featuring Rachel Riley...she is sooooo f**king hot)

For fans of British comedy, Peter Kay is great. Very British, some jokes don't translate over very well, and his accent is a bit thick but I reckon he's great.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Only been to a handful of international comedians live:
- this year Danny Bhoy who was OK but not as rib-ticklingly funny as I'd hoped
- last year James Acaster and another British guy I can't remember the name of (both really good though)
- a year or two before that Tom Green (loved his manic rants, and the Freddy Got Fingered audience request SAY THIS LINE section at the end was hilarious)
- a year or two before that Greg Proops (who was also great, one of my favourite Whose Line regulars)

I'm still gutted that I missed Bill Burr start of last year (I remember seeing the poster and thinking I MUST GO TO THAT SHOW then totally forgot until he'd been and gone), and would absolutely love to see Norm MacDonald live but that's not gonna happen. <3 Norm

roofromoz

First Grade
Ross Noble. Pure absurdity at times. Seen him live a few times now.

Only seen clips on Youtube but Michael McIntyre and Louis CK go all right.

Tommy Tiernan, Jim Jefferies, Steve Hughes and Jimmy Carr.

Much prefer Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Mitch Hedbergs efforts though. They'd be my top three favourite comedians. Hicks in front by a long stretch, there will never be another comic with his insight ever again.

LESStar58

Referee
George Carlin, Jim Jefferies, Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle would be my 4 favorites. Even in death Carlin is like the Michael Jordan of Comedians.

Good to see a few people in here give Jimmy Carr his props. I do like him very much as well. I rate Jeff Foxworthy too if only for his "You Might Be A Redneck If..." material.

Also, I downloaded one of Lisa Lampanelli's specials after seeing her on a few of the Comedy Central Roasts. I LOVE her and desperately want her to make fun of me. Anthony Jeselnik is another Roaster who I like as well.

Only been to a handful of international comedians live:
- this year Danny Bhoy who was OK but not as rib-ticklingly funny as I'd hoped
- last year James Acaster and another British guy I can't remember the name of (both really good though)
- a year or two before that Tom Green (loved his manic rants, and the Freddy Got Fingered audience request SAY THIS LINE section at the end was hilarious)
- a year or two before that Greg Proops (who was also great, one of my favourite Whose Line regulars)

I'm still gutted that I missed Bill Burr start of last year (I remember seeing the poster and thinking I MUST GO TO THAT SHOW then totally forgot until he'd been and gone), and would absolutely love to see Norm MacDonald live but that's not gonna happen. <3 Norm

Sounds like we park our cars in the same garage.

Agree with pretty much everything there. I've been listening to Greg Proops' podcast "Smartest Man in the World" for about 2 years now, very lefty but hilarious.

As others have said, Wil Anderson and Dave Hughes should be dipped in kero and fired into the Sun. They are the absolute opposite of funny. Poison.

LESStar58

Referee
Sounds like we park our cars in the same garage.

Agree with pretty much everything there. I've been listening to Greg Proops' podcast "Smartest Man in the World" for about 2 years now, very lefty but hilarious.

As others have said, Wil Anderson and Dave Hughes should be dipped in kero and fired into the Sun. They are the absolute opposite of funny. Poison.

To paraphrase the great GeorgeCarlin, those 2 should be locked in to portable toilets and set on fire.

Latest posts