What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
Do we even need to make any changes? I suppose we will want to eventually give French, Twal and Fuimaono some time in the NSW Cup.

Also, from our massively over-the-cap 2014 squad the following players played (or will play tomorrow) NRL this weekend:

Davis
Matterson
Pauli
Pritchard
Aloiai
Moeroa

Which is not bad considering the oldest of them are only 22 this year. How many of the ones at other clubs would make our current side? None, which is why we let them go.

My mate bought up the same thing. Of the lot Pauli is perhaps the only one that may get some bench time and with JNR going would of been nice to still have.
I guess the question is would of we been better keeping Davis over say Toutai or Falou?

At the moment our biggest need is Front row - Hooker - Fullback.
We have Bevan - Kaysa who both may be able to take those roles. Twal -fuimanno may be able to add depth to forwards.

Who else is worth opening a spot for in Wenty next year? And who do we let go? Guys like Hasson - Obrien - Moss - ?

Kornstar

Coach
My mate bought up the same thing. Of the lot Pauli is perhaps the only one that may get some bench time and with JNR going would of been nice to still have.
I guess the question is would of we been better keeping Davis over say Toutai or Falou?

At the moment our biggest need is Front row - Hooker - Fullback.
We have Bevan - Kaysa who both may be able to take those roles. Twal -fuimanno may be able to add depth to forwards.

Who else is worth opening a spot for in Wenty next year? And who do we let go? Guys like Hasson - Obrien - Moss - ?

Davis is doing pretty well at the Titans but he was ordinary last year for us and if he trained like he played I have no issue with them letting him go.

Gronk

Staff member
I call bullcrap. When my son played U6/7/8 in Roosters comp parents or coach refereed. Zero problems.

NO REFS DOESN’T PAY OFF!

A radical experiment in Parramatta junior league to not use referees in under 6 and 7 age groups has not gone down well with parents. The two coaches are given the task of refereeing games – on top of trying to teach their young charges how to play on the run.

“It is putting too much pressure on coaches and the kids are missing out on a vital lesson – learning to respect the referee,” concerned parent Brian Lomas tells me.

“Plus my young guy has copped more than a dozen high shots as foul play has increased without the presence of a referee.”

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Do we even need to make any changes? I suppose we will want to eventually give French, Twal and Fuimaono some time in the NSW Cup.

Also, from our massively over-the-cap 2014 squad the following players played (or will play tomorrow) NRL this weekend:

Davis
Matterson
Pauli
Pritchard
Aloiai
Moeroa

Which is not bad considering the oldest of them are only 22 this year. How many of the ones at other clubs would make our current side? None, which is why we let them go.

Additionally Docker-clay, Kelepi, Li, Falou, lussick, Goodall, Lavaka still have NRL contracts with several already making their NRL debut.

Interesting Twal / Fuimaono were also part of that squad.

Townsville

Juniors
The main player that I think we'd be looking to promote would be Steve Dresler who I think could easily overtake Kurt De Luis or even Jamie Stowers on the bench. The other one would be Tui Afualo who could easily replace Cerruto at centre but I'm not sure if we'd play him in NYC considering he still has another year of SG Ball available to him.

Any blogs on tonight's nyc game ?? Stats or running plays ??

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Just a reminder that we have 4 players in the 17 for NSW on Wednesday night. Nohra playing fullback, LeAeatoa and Kei on the wings (how the top try-scorer in the HM is played out of position I'll never know), and Schneider playing dummy half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is he playing out of position? Kids footy teams struggle to exploit weak opposition wingers, and likewise have trouble getting the ball to their own wingers. For this reason most quality youngsters who are best suited to the wing either play centre or fullback right up until they hit seniors.

Plus some teams just don't have enough fast kids who can tackle, so the ones that can have to play centre, even if they're better on the wing.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Is he playing out of position? Kids footy teams struggle to exploit weak opposition wingers, and likewise have trouble getting the ball to their own wingers. For this reason most quality youngsters who are best suited to the wing either play centre or fullback right up until they hit seniors.

Plus some teams just don't have enough fast kids who can tackle, so the ones that can have to play centre, even if they're better on the wing.

Yeah he's playing out of his best position. He's a centre, and was easily the best one in the Harold Matthews competition this year. Parramatta didn't have any problems getting the ball to their wingers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he's playing out of his best position. He's a centre, and was easily the best one in the Harold Matthews competition this year. Parramatta didn't have any problems getting the ball to their wingers.

Well I saw he scored heaps of tries from left centre, but maybe that was just because he got the ball a bit earlier on shift plays. Running always beats passing in kids footy.

What would you say his strengths are? What are his weaknesses? There must be a reason he was picked on the wing for this game.