What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
We don't f**king need him. We're probably talking to replacements for Norman right now as well. The no dickhead rule is a thing. I'm just glad LU hasn't got the same rule.

There should be one for hanging out with them too. Integrity both on and off the field should be paramount but we strip the captaincy off someone like Mannah and give it to an outsider. Yes it appeared a good idea initially however if we were armed with any of this information prior, why make him captain? Apparently it was well known in the NRL for a long time. It's not like we can't reassess now I suppose.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
There should be one for hanging out with them too. Integrity both on and off the field should be paramount but we strip the captaincy off someone like Mannah and give it to an outsider. Yes it appeared a good idea initially however if we were armed with any of this information prior, why make him captain? Apparently it was well known in the NRL for a long time. It's not like we can't reassess now I suppose.

What was well known in the NRL?

hindy111

Post Whore
Morgan will play finals footy. He is so bad we did not get past him once. Type of guy Bellamy like. He never will be a star but will do the perfect job and cost little meaning Bellamy can rely on him and spend big $$ elsewhere. You can have guys like munster -chambers-Cronk-bromwich-Smith doing the big plays.Morgan wont win a game on his own but he also will not lose you one.
With all these Parra players elsewhere it actually gives a little interest in some other games thou.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
FIRST Nathan Peats was told to leave Parramatta. Now his fearless replacement Isaac De Gois has been all but told to pack his bags as well.

That is the latest to come out of the troubled club with De Gois admitting that he has been basically left with no option but to find a new home for 2017.

While the 31-year-old NRL veteran has been offered a deal for next year, The Saturday Telegraph understands it is only worth about $100,000, almost half of what De Gois is currently on.

That would make the veteran of 200-plus NRL matches the lowest paid top line hooker in the game by a significant margin.

“I am really enjoying my footy here but it looks extremely unlikely that I’ll be here next year,” De Gois said.

“With respect to the club, the offer is very disappointing.”

Now in his third season at the Eels, De Gois said he didn’t want to leave and he hoped fans would understand why he has been left with little alternative.

“I understand how the cap works and I realise the club is having difficulties but I hope the supporters understand I need to look after my family,” he added.

De Gois’s likely departure will leave Parramatta with Kaysa Pritchard and Cameron King as their remaining hooking options.

WILSON: NRL fears realised

HINDS: Why we shouldn’t be surprised

While De Gois said he doesn’t yet have a club to go to, he would be willing to head overseas if it meant extending his career.

“I’ve instructed my manager to consider all options going forward, including the English Super League,” he said.

If he does leave it would be another crushing blow for Eels fans who started the year with so much hope for their team only to see the season crumble because of the salary cap squeeze.

With Kieran Foran gone for the season due to injury and Corey Norman embroiled in a drugs investigation, the Eels still could lose Michael Gordon who has been linked to a possible mid-season move to the Roosters.

De Gois will leave the Eels at the end of the season.
De Gois will leave the Eels at the end of the season.Source:Getty Images

And there is also some mail young lock Tepai Moeroa is being chased by rivals clubs.

Meanwhile, the NRL yesterday gave Parramatta another week to respond to their show cause notice in relation to the salary cap dramas that look certain to cost the club 12 competition points.

The Eels have the bye this weekend with their next game against the Titans’ next Saturday when Peats will go up against his former club for the first time.

Peats recently left no doubt he was upset at being forced out of Parramatta, and it wasn’t just the people on the board who “let me down there”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...b/news-story/8cd95858b364374ae99eebcaa3af351e

The longer it takes Hindy to post, the greater the chance that he has been murdered mid-sentence (or perhaps kidnapped by the gram'mar police).

hybrideel

Bench
I love the media talk. A crushing blow. He has obviously been told he will be 2nd fiddle with a wage offer to match that.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jnr starting prop for Canberra tonight

Interesting that Paul Vaughan has been left out for him as well. A few younger Canberra players I would have thought would have been playing for Mounties ahead of him. Might be worth a chat to his manager.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah we're gutted. I appreciate what he's done for us, and I would have been happy if he'd stayed. I can't see anyone else offering more than we have (if indeed we have offered $100k). You can't complain about earning six figures to not even be guaranteed a run in first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.