What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

hineyrulz

Post Whore
None at all and as much as I've been scratching away for further info the less forthcoming the info is...

Chris Losco project is the only viable option at the moment
Agree with this, it's the only viable plan i have heard that could go close getting is the best candidate's involved on the board and getting rid of the factions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If anyone requires any further info feel free to PM me... It's critical that this gets off the ground.

emjaycee

Coach
None at all and as much as I've been scratching away for further info the less forthcoming the info is...

Chris Losco project is the only viable option at the moment

Would have to seriously doubt Eagleston has the required 101 signatures, let alone the 600 he claimed on MMM or else why wouldn't he have submitted his petition already.

I definitely like the idea of selection by a professional committee based on the Losco approach.
Who knows, we might get some good candidates that aren't selected based on winning popularity contests.

And to be honest, we need to get rid of all the Board Members who oversaw the worst event in the 61 year history of our rugby league team regardless of whether they claim they knew nothing.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree with this, it's the only viable plan i have heard that could go close getting is the best candidate's involved on the board and getting rid of the factions.

The key point for me.

So what's the test to weed out faction aligned nominees ?

wolf-sheeps-clothing.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
So what's the test to weed out faction aligned nominees ?

wolf-sheeps-clothing.jpg

From what I understand, it is planned to me merit based. The consultants will consider applicants against the required criteria for board membership of the PLC such as legal, accounting, gaming, previous club admin experience, etc and pick the best of the ones that apply. I am not sure if there is any criteria regarding previous board membership, etc.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Would have to seriously doubt Eagleston has the required 101 signatures, let alone the 600 he claimed on MMM or else why wouldn't he have submitted his petition already.

I definitely like the idea of selection by a professional committee based on the Losco approach.
Who knows, we might get some good candidates that aren't selected based on winning popularity contests.

And to be honest, we need to get rid of all the Board Members who oversaw the worst event in the 61 year history of our rugby league team regardless of whether they claim they knew nothing.

Well this is what I find puzzling...

Up until Friday just gone, no submission from Eagleston has been handed into the club... 600?? Hardly..

ash411

Bench
Well this is what I find puzzling...

Up until Friday just gone, no submission from Eagleston has been handed into the club... 600?? Hardly..

The fact that he is being so secretive about it should ring alarm bells on its own.

When someone has nothing to hide, they don't hide anything.. It stinks of a trojian horse move to me.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I believe that Mr. Losco's approach is the way we should handle the egm and the best way to oust the board. Not only has Mr. Eggleston not revealed who he intends to name on his board the best thing with Mr. Losco's proposal is that if Mr. Eggleston is fit for the job he can get it, if he applies.

Last edited:
the merit based proposal sounds good but i would like to hear what criteria they would use in selecting candidates first

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm guessing that if Mr Moss loves the club as much as he says he does then he will be happy to help out no matter who is on the board, right?

I like the fact that the best applicants get the job but who selects those applicants in the end? so there is no jobs for the boys etc like how we had on the current board.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I like the fact that the best applicants get the job but who selects those applicants in the end? so there is no jobs for the boys etc like how we had on the current board.

As taken from the eelsegm.com website "Geoff Gerard has agreed that should this proposal succeed, he will form a committee, including an external auditing/consulting firm, who will call for candidates, and appoint the next board based on a transparent criteria of desirable skills and experience.

Geoff Gerard will also voluntarily step aside once an entirely new board has been selected."

How can a board be a "jobs for the boys" when it's the membership of the LC voting? I think you mean factionalised.

http://eelsegm.strikingly.com/ This is where you can find more information on the proposal by Chris Losco.

emjaycee

Coach
Leaving the current board in place for longer than necessary is potentially allowing a "jobs for the boys" scenario.
Gadiel, Garrard and Cordwell can hand pick 3 new board members if Sharp, Issa and Serrao step down.

That is why this petition of Chris Losco's needs to be signed and sent in as soon as possible.
www.eelsegm.com

Bigfella

Coach
Leaving the current board in place for longer than necessary is potentially allowing a "jobs for the boys" scenario.
Gadiel, Garrard and Cordwell can hand pick 3 new board members if Sharp, Issa and Serrao step down.

That is why this petition of Chris Losco's needs to be signed and sent in as soon as possible.
www.eelsegm.com

I agree that leaving the status who would be a disaster.

But can you explain why we should completely discount the other group at a time when we know very little about them?

Otherwise it smacks of more whiteanting a group because you (not you personally mic) don't like them / hold a grudge / or simply aren't preferred

I personally will be looking at all of the candidates very carefully

Probably the most attractive thing I would like to see is removal of some of the restrictions on eligibility so that we can start getting better standard of candidates

Realistically you would like to see better qualified people missing out than have been getting on

Latest posts