What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next NSW Captain

T.T

Juniors
A new captain should be chosen for game 3 regardless of whether Gallen plays.

Hard to pick someone as the most experienced players in Bird and Farah won't be picked next year either.

Tweed Titan

Bench
A new captain should be chosen for game 3 regardless of whether Gallen plays.

Hard to pick someone as the most experienced players in Bird and Farah won't be picked next year either.

I agree not too much to choose from so it almost has to be Woods or James Maloney by default.

Clifferd

Coach
Who really knows, you'd wanna give it to someone who will be their for the next 10+ years though.

I'd say Maloney but isn't he 31 or 32? in that case I'd just stick with Woods.

Origin is pretty much dead anyway. Will be lucky to get 40k in game 3

Danish

Referee
The only player out there tonight who I'd be comfortable still being in the team in 5 years is frizell. He'll be dropped for game 3 though, as that's how Daley rolls

Really there are no good captains from NSW in the comp right now

Maloney, with Reynolds as 2IC and let them control the play.
Blues have tried a 10 year experiment with a niggling, dirty, argumentative forward as captain who only knows one thing, bash the ball up, whinge to the ref and elbow the opposition at every possibility. That's 1960's style football and the head honchos in NSW should have their arses kicked for letting it go on year in year out, getting hammered by a team that has moved to a different level.
Gus and Johns have been saying it the last few years but for some reason the boffins think Gal will suddenly change, not gonna happen.
Gal's a good forward as evidenced by his efforts for the Kangaroos but that's when someone else is captain and does the thinking and organising.
Asked the question last night about who should dictate play and organise things both Gus and Johns had no idea, Johns even said there wasn't anyone.
Give Maloney and Reynolds a shot with some younger players, get rid of Gal, Farrah and Jennings.

get rid of Gal, Farrah and Jennings.
you forgot Greg Bird, he has to go as well.

The only player out there tonight who I'd be comfortable still being in the team in 5 years is frizell. He'll be dropped for game 3 though, as that's how Daley rolls
assume you think Wade Graham comes in for Frizell? I'd bring Graham in for Bird but how Daley rolls though most probably means that he picks the 4 above for their 'lap of honour':lol:

Danish

Referee
assume you think Wade Graham comes in for Frizell? I'd bring Graham in for Bird but how Daley rolls though most probably means that he picks the 4 above for their 'lap of honour':lol:

That's exactly it. He'll pick the exact same team, except he'll drop Frizell for Graham, and then Ny chance he can get to drop Bird or Graham for any stupid old merkin he can think of (maybe throwing Greg Bird into 6 with Maloney at 7, then deciding he needs to bring in a more old nuts to the forwards to make up for it....).

The big 4 losers will get their glory run farewell, fittingly it will be a whitewash.

Only problem is if/when they butcher the selections next year and we lose game 1 at Suncorp, he'll rush them all back in again anyway

T.T

Juniors
maybe a duel captain could work for the time being.

Make Maloney captain and name another young leader to prepare him for when Maloney retires

Last Week

Bench
How about Moylen? He's 25 and definitely old enough. Only reservation I have is he might not be first choice fullback with Tedesco around.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I like Aaron Woods but I just don’t get that sense of maturity you want in a captain. I’d be happy for Maloney to carry the C until someone younger puts their hand up, because right now I can’t say any of the younger players look like permanent fixtures just yet.

Last Week

Bench
I like Aaron Woods but I just don?t get that sense of maturity you want in a captain. I?d be happy for Maloney to carry the C until someone younger puts their hand up, because right now I can?t say any of the younger players look like permanent fixtures just yet.

Maloney is hardly a guaranteed selection either. We have a bunch of halves, none of which are really standing up. Just so happens that Maloney is in form this year.

Another name to throw in from left field, Jarryd Hayne will most likely be back in the NRL next year...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Maloney is hardly a guaranteed selection either. We have a bunch of halves, none of which are really standing up. Just so happens that Maloney is in form this year.

Another name to throw in from left field, Jarryd Hayne will most likely be back in the NRL next year...

No he hasn?t been but he should be. He?s the best 5/8 NSW have at the moment and the most consistent.

Hayne could be a possibility but you never know when he?s going to have another dream.

Wests is Best

Juniors
At this stage there is no one person who is guaranteed of their spot next year.
For that reason we have no choice than to stick with the same captain for game 3. I am all for picking a new side for game 3 and believe me I would love to see Gallen gone, but to blood a leader for game 3 and then have the possibility of them not being picked next year would be counter productive imo.

betcats

Referee
We can have a one off captain this year. They will pick Gallen anyway but if they do drop him just make anyone captain for a game.