What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap Mk V

Gronk

Staff member
"the game will get stronger only when the club influence gets weaker" this quote is the truth.

The clubs are run by ex players who just aren't bright enough to run clubs let alone a competition that unfortunately needs to compete with other more savvy organisations.

No doubt about it. My point however is that the NRL have gained ownership of the asset by stealth. Somehow after the super league war the ownership of the billion dollar asset now stands with and entity that threatens to dilute club influence and, as it was shown with Souths, reserve the right to boot out foundation teams.

Im sure that many think that the NRL is run as a corporate cooperative, but instead clubs have lost control and with it the billions of dollars worth of the old asset.

phantom eel

First Grade
The NSWR(F)L had a handy record of booting or attempting to boot out foundation clubs too... Wests Magpies circa 1984, and of course Newtown Jets.

Bandwagon

Staff member
So today or tomorrow to be D day?

Or perhaps Monday. Either way i'm backing we'll know our fate by the end of the round.

Gronk

Staff member
W/ever. I'm more focused on 2017, fixing up the office, signing Hayne and getting Semi back.

Parra47

Juniors
W/ever. I'm more focused on 2017, fixing up the office, signing Hayne and getting Semi back.

Same. Fixing our office is paramount to us improving as a club and getting respect back. Any games we win for the rest of the season are a bonus but next year is the fresh start after a rotten year that promised so much this year.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
surely they won't announce anything today .... and i doubt friday - head dips hit will need to have a nice friday lunch

i think they will stretch to early next week .... cos then when they decide to take all our points so far they can take another 2

phantom eel

First Grade
30 posts to go until 10,000 Bigfella... can you squueze them all in before your 2% battery runs dry? :cool: