What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green off contract at storm

deansykes

Juniors
Apparently a sydney club has offered a 2 year contract... apart from injury he's been in great form. possible signing for the dragons?

"
The experienced Storm halves pairing of Blake Green and Cooper Cronk are both currently out of contract come the end of this season, and Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy said on Thursday it may be tough to retain both players.

It's no surprise that Cronk is the Storm's number one priority when it comes to contract negotiations, however should Cronk extend his stay in Melbourne, it could mean the end for Green.

Rumours suggests Green has been offered a two-year deal by a Sydney club and while it's quite clear Bellamy would love to have both players stay around, there might not be enough money to entice Green to stay.

"At the moment we're still waiting for Cooper, and that'll solve a bit of the jigsaw puzzle when that's done," Bellamy said.

"Obviously we'd love to keep both of them, but I'm not quite sure exactly where it all is at the moment, that's up to our administration to be going through those types of things. Hopefully things can be sorted out soon for both the club and the players.

"[Fitting Green in the salary cap] would be our issue I'd imagine, I'm not quite sure where we're up to money wise or where negotiations are at the moment, but hopefully soon something will be sorted.

"We'd love to keep him [Green] but whether that's possible or not, I'm not quite sure. If it comes down to it and we don't keep him, then we'll just have to plan something and then stick with that. Hopefully we might be able to hang on to both of them, but time will tell."
"

nrl.com/storms-halves-under-contract-cloud/tabid/10874/newsid/98413/default.aspx

Mr Red

First Grade
Green has been playing good consistent footy, and good on him. However two of the reasons he has been doing so are strong coaching structures and a dominant half back.

Remove these elements and for me the jury is still out on how well he would perform.

Dragsters

First Grade
Yep, for the rumoured 700K a season they're offering him it's hard to see it as good value... the Big Three will make anyone look good - remains to be seen whether he's going to be so impressive in a B grade outfit.

Heyzeus!

i reckon he's worth half that maybe.

I would much rather take a punt on one of our young half options at the club to turn out better than this bloke.

BennyV

Referee
Yep, for the rumoured 700K a season they're offering him it's hard to see it as good value... the Big Three will make anyone look good - remains to be seen whether he's going to be so impressive in a B grade outfit.

I thought it was $700k over 2 seasons

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I think he is probably just another of those players that looks good in the storm team and system. Take him out of it and who knows but hadn't heard about him doing much before.

Latest posts