What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragsters

First Grade
Surely he must be taking the piss???

Or just plain NFI?

Either way that's about all the time he's getting from me.

Mr Red

First Grade
Corey Norman offered 800k a season apparently
If we jag this guy Mary might just put enough spin on "finally getting his own team" again and survive ...

getsmarty

Immortal
Corey Norman offered 800k a season apparently
If we jag this guy Mary might just put enough spin on "finally getting his own team" again and survive ...

Mary already told us at the beginning of this year he had the team and the depth he wanted.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm hearing Mary is about to bring a marquee signing to the dragons which will take all the pressure off him for next year

Oh I can see the press release now
"Paul McGregor has decided to step down as head coach of the Dragons.
We are pleased and excited to announce the signing of an experienced coach and mentor in Ivan Cleary as head coach for 2017.
We thank Paul for his tenure as head coach. Paul will continue as defensive coach and gain valuable experience from Ivan going forward
Ivan will commence his duties as head coach at the end of the 2016 season"

If only this marquee signing announcement were true!!!!!

St Georgio

Juniors
Oh I can see the press release now
"Paul McGregor has decided to step down as head coach of the Dragons.
We are pleased and excited to announce the signing of an experienced coach and mentor in Ivan Cleary as head coach for 2017.
We thank Paul for his tenure as head coach. Paul will continue as defensive coach and gain valuable experience from Ivan going forward
Ivan will commence his duties as head coach at the end of the 2016 season"

If only this marquee signing announcement were true!!!!!
No thank you!

grouch

First Grade
I doubt Cleary is dumb enough to accept McGregor as defensive coach. In 17 matches this year we've conceded 26 pts or more 8 times. He can't coach defence either.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I doubt Cleary is dumb enough to accept McGregor as defensive coach. In 17 matches this year we've conceded 26 pts or more 8 times. He can't coach defence either.

I doubt that too Grouch. But our friend Hail Mary stated "the marquee signing will takr the pressure of Mary".........it's just something our crazy board would do.

Old Timer

Coach
I'm hearing Mary is about to bring a marquee signing to the dragons which will take all the pressure off him for next year

Suggest you get a Cochlear transplant because your hearing is impaired or see a psychologist for the voices in your head.

Dragsters

First Grade
I doubt that too Grouch. But our friend Hail Mary stated "the marquee signing will takr the pressure of Mary".........it's just something our crazy board would do.

When you say crazy do you mean keep Mary as defensive coach or hire Cleary because I reckon both would qualify.

I think Cleary is exactly the kind of coach we don't need!

I reckon we need a hard nose or if not then a fresh approach with an up and comer with a solid coaching record in the junior or foreign ranks.

St Georgio

Juniors
When you say crazy do you mean keep Mary as defensive coach or hire Cleary because I reckon both would qualify.

I think Cleary is exactly the kind of coach we don't need!

I reckon we need a hard nose or if not then a fresh approach with an up and comer with a solid coaching record in the junior or foreign ranks.

100% correct, sorry for being a scratched record..Tony Smith!

St Georgio

Juniors
St George Illawarra are set to hit the Super League for their next recruit, according to reports.

English website Love Rugby League claim Paul McGregor is scouting the Super League in a bid to replace the departing Mike Cooper with another English prop.

Hull KR forward James Green is the man named as their prime target.

Green, 25, has over 60 Super league games to his name since making his first grade debut in 2012.

foxsports.com.au

This is bad news, it says we a doomed for another year ahead(2017) under McGregor..McGregor shouldn't be chasing any player, the only chasing in the ESL should be Tony Smith!

Last edited: