What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
St George Illawarra are set to hit the Super League for their next recruit, according to reports.

English website Love Rugby League claim Paul McGregor is scouting the Super League in a bid to replace the departing Mike Cooper with another English prop.

Hull KR forward James Green is the man named as their prime target.

Green, 25, has over 60 Super league games to his name since making his first grade debut in 2012.

foxsports.com.au

This is bad news, it says we a doomed for another year ahead(2017).
NO ,NO , England is not France ! I said France is where we need to scout for a ' tough as teak ' forward who will bulldoze his way to the try line .. And if he does not speak English that's O.K. As he would only need to understand 3 words - TAKE NO (FOOKING) PRISIONERS . That is if Mary can teach him that ?

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
NO ,NO , England is not France ! I said France is where we need to scout for a ' tough as teak ' forward who will bulldoze his way to the try line .. And if
he does not speak English that's O.K. As he would only need to understand 3 words - TAKE NO CAN PRISIONERS . That is if Mary can teach him that ?

That's a bewdy. Gotta be deliberate.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I can't believe it's Monday evening and they haven't sacked Mary as yet!! WTF are the board and CEO doing today at the Taj Mahal.....probably Yum Cha lunch and buffet dinner whilst they discuss the formation of a review committee.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Always enjoy popping into the dragons threads. No fans can vent like dragons fans.

Except skeepe

Gareth67

First Grade
Jeez , you won't believe this but Mary is barking up the right tree ! This E.S.L. player-James Greene is HUGE . I have just looked at his details on Wiki , he is 6 ' 7 inches tall and just on 18 stone , and only 25 . He would make big Mose Masoe look small . And he does not mind throwing the occasional haymaker . What more could we ask for , besides a couple of playmakers in the backs ? Perhaps he has plans on Todd Carney returning home as well ? Looks like England is a better place for those ' tough as teak ' forwards after all !

RED73V

Juniors
Mary has definitely lost the playing group you can tell by their performances on the field they know they are getting no where with the one out & then pass it out the back on the 4th tackle. Take a look at the post match press conference from the Titans game the last couple of minutes Mary is glancing at Widdop after he speaks consistently HOPING he will agree . Widdop eventually says what Mary wants to hear knowing full well the coaching, game plan & structures are completely useless. Nothing is going to change under Mary's tutelage & everyone knows this ESPECIALLY THE PLAYERS. It's now time for this inadequate, inexperienced & lack luster coaching team to hit the road.

Gomarchin

Juniors
The team play in slow motion and are doing their very best to not make a mistake and ensure Mary gets his high completion rates. I think things will only get worse. Mary will feel the pressure from above and I guarantee that will be passed onto the players....

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The team play in slow motion and are doing their very best to not make a mistake and ensure Mary gets his high completion rates. I think things will only get worse. Mary will feel the pressure from above and I guarantee that will be passed onto the players....

That must be why McCrone kicked out on the full on the fourth tackle last Friday. If you don't have the ball, you can't make a mistake with it.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
D
I doubt Cleary is dumb enough to accept McGregor as defensive coach. In 17 matches this year we've conceded 26 pts or more 8 times. He can't coach defence either.

No he can't coach defence . He doesn't realise that good defence can be used as a weapon. We sit back and wait to be rooted, other teams like Melbourne, Sharks turn on the defence at the right moments and turn games around with it. We just turn around and stand under the posts while the goal is being kicked.

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's day 2 of the working week and why hasn't Chairman Warren Deadwood & CEO Dipshit Doust sacked the clueless knobhead coach. What are they waiting for?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Jeez , you won't believe this but Mary is barking up the right tree ! This E.S.L. player-James Greene is HUGE . I have just looked at his details on Wiki , he is 6 ' 7 inches tall and just on 18 stone , and only 25 . He would make big Mose Masoe look small . And he does not mind throwing the occasional haymaker . What more could we ask for , besides a couple of playmakers in the backs ? Perhaps he has plans on Todd Carney returning home as well ? Looks like England is a better place for those ' tough as teak ' forwards after all !

Fair dinkum are you rating a player based on his wiki page?

Gareth67

First Grade
Fair dinkum are you rating a player based on his wiki page?
No , I am not rating him by Wiki - however a prop his size is just what our pack needs . I for one am sick of watching other , much bigger forward packs ( Bulldogs ,Roosters etc. etc ....) of pummelling ours around the field week in , week out . As hardworking as the Dragon pack is , they still lack real size to match the other teams .
A good big team , will always beat a good small team , and until we have a couple of real big props we will always finish second .

Latest posts