What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was a diamond but ended up a rock

GW.

Juniors
Damon Alley-Tovio.

Burst onto the scene like an eagle made of cement under the feathers.

Speed to burn and a fend that I rank up with the best I've ever seen alongside Marty Tapau.

He was the type of player you just KNEW was going to go on and play for NSW/Australia.

Only he didnt, he got into some trouble on the wrong side of the law and was never given a go since.

In my opinion he was set to have Blake Fergusons career. Very similar players. In fact, it wouldnt surprise me if they had grownup playing against each other, or are mates, given their south eastern sydney upbringing.

Doubt they would have played together unless Ferguson was playing under 19s at 11 or 12

Damon Alley-Tovio.

Speed to burn and a fend that I rank up with the best I've ever seen alongside Marty Tapau.

He was the type of player you just KNEW was going to go on and play for NSW/Australia.

Only he didnt, he got into some trouble on the wrong side of the law and was never given a go since.

In my opinion he was set to have Blake Fergusons career. Very similar players. In fact, it wouldnt surprise me if they had grownup playing against each other, or are mates, given their south eastern sydney upbringing.

Damon Alley-Tovio.

Timbo

Staff member
Stuart Flanagan was an interesting one. Neil Henry signed him for us and I thought at the time he was a really good buy. Then Furner only gave him like 2 games because obviously Buttriss was way too awesome.

Yeah I felt sorry for Flanno. We destroyed his career because Furner was obsessed with the family farm.