What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce Gordon take-over still on .

Gareth67

First Grade
Just reported by FOXS Sports that Bruce Gordon has reopened negotiations with the NRL to buy a 51% share of the St.George Illawarra joint venture .

Could this possibly be the beginning of a new and hopefully successful era of our great Club ?
And in turn the end of Mr Doust and his cronies !

The Doc

Juniors
Bruce Gordon made it clear from initial talks that he would want Doust to remain as CEO after any take over.
So anyone hoping this taker over means the end of doust will be in for some dissappointment.
In saying that... someone like Gordon will attract some money people to pump TPAs into our club and make us the force we should be!!!

St Georgio

Juniors
Bruce Gordon made it clear from initial talks that he would want Doust to remain as CEO after any take over.
So anyone hoping this taker over means the end of doust will be in for some dissappointment.
In saying that... someone like Gordon will attract some money people to pump TPAs into our club and make us the force we should be!!!
Do you think Doust will throw Mary under a bus?

_Johnsy

Referee
I can see a Mary V Doust throw each other under the bus tussle out the front of the Taj

Emu01

Juniors
I hope he demands we only play home games at win and Kogarah ovals,and he tells Doust and Greenburg to shove ANZ where it belongs.

Go you good thing! Please sack the board the coach and half our dud team!

Red V for life

Juniors
Probably. One thing is for sure, with Gordon's money involved we could afford (financially) to throw him under the bus!

Some positive news/rumours surrounding the club and the future this week so feeling cautiously optimistic change is on the way.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting this has resurfaced the same week we have rumours of Cleary coming as coach next year.
Co-incidence?

i heard from one of the board members that the Gordon deal will be done in around 3 months time. Part of the deal is minimum 6 games at win stadium.

Dragsters

First Grade
If Gordon does buy such a big share then things may happen that will certainly upset some.

I can see that this could happen too.

An injection of funds and ability to attract TPA's (potentially) would be welcomed by most.

Meddling with the structure of the joint-venture (if at all possible) would not be welcomed by most, I would imagine.

As SF mentions above a statement of intention, while not necessarily required, would be most welcomed.

BennyV

Referee
Doust hanging around initially is bearable, as long as the board of directors is re-vamped, and some accountability and true KPIs are put in place for him.
Given a few years answering to a board with the right interests would be the real measure of him as a CEO, and thats when we'd see change at that level.

The Doc

Juniors
Doust hanging around initially is bearable, as long as the board of directors is re-vamped, and some accountability and true KPIs are put in place for him.
Given a few years answering to a board with the right interests would be the real measure of him as a CEO, and thats when we'd see change at that level.
Im not sure on Gordons preference regarding the board. I'd assume if doust stays so will the board.
But in saying that its only my guess. But Doust wont be removed.

The Doc

Juniors
I can assure you one thing, doust is not a fan of mary!
Dont be fooled by the face and words he puts on for the media. Doust did not want mary as coach after steve price.
Take this as fact. Mary was voted by the board, Doust wanted arthur or henry.... the board voted unanimously for mary as he was a cheaper option and viewed as a coach with "potential".
I know for a fact Doust has had a "i told u so" slang match with a certain board member.
If we have the money behind us to pay out mary and get a new coach Doust will sack mary on the spot.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Changing the jersey/emblem is non-negotiable. Gordon wants 6 games at Win? Then that means given our commitments to anz/SCG, kogarah will likely no longer host games. It all sounds good on the surface, but I hope Mr Gordon's intentions don't involve erasing the st.george side of the merger.

Dorsai

Juniors
Those thinking this will be a magic wand need to think harder.

A 51% share will see total control to him. There have been numerous reports and statements in the past that St George supporters need to take not of now.

51% means an Illawarra dominated ownership. More games at Wollongong. He has already stated that. A return of the Illawarra identity. Also previously stated. Doust will be entrenched. Part of the agreement leaked publicly months ago.

This will spell the end of St George.

Be prepared for the Illawarra Dragons. Good old steelers jerseys with a hint of dragons memories in it somewhere. It will be a mediocre club, much like the steelers were. No offence but really with the talent they took from traditional dragons support base they should have showed more.

I do not support this as a Dragons supporter. This is the final death knoll for a once proud club that propped up a sadly underperforming partner since 1999 only to have wasted its financial position to the point of being an easy target.

No money will go into the club. All money paid out for this 51% will go towards debt reduction.

Mcgregoyis an Illawarra boy and will remain the golden haired boy. Surely people can see if he hasn't been sacked by now, what has kept him where he is? Paying out contracts has nothing to do with it.

Wait till the fine print and conditions are released on this buyout before you all start celebrating.

I for one, will be done with the club the day this takeover is signed off. I have supported the dragons through thick and thin for over 50 years. It will be a sad sad day when they let this takeover happen.

Nothing against the Illawarra, but St George should have either gone it alone, went to super league (they were offered $20m to switch sides) or just packed up shop then and there rather than end this way.