What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last game

SaintPeter

Juniors
I am staggered that here is talk of playing Benji Marshal in the last game of the season to give him a "proper" send off / farewell, etc.

To me every NRL game is important, really important.

Every game played, be it the first, last, or in the middle should be played with the utmost endeavor and commitment.

To select a player who is not 100% first choice on form and ability disrespects the club, the other players and the fans.

No one player is bigger than the game or our great club.

Rant over.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What if Drew has an absolute blinder against Parramatta and proves to be the match winner, how will SuperCoach justify him being dropped for Benji

Easy.
"Drew will play for he Cutters next week end where he is an integral part of their squad for 2016. He will be able to assist them in the opening game of their finals campaign"

inside_pass

Bench
I am staggered that here is talk of playing Benji Marshal in the last game of the season to give him a "proper" send off / farewell, etc.

To me every NRL game is important, really important.

Every game played, be it the first, last, or in the middle should be played with the utmost endeavor and commitment.

To select a player who is not 100% first choice on form and ability disrespects the club, the other players and the fans.

No one player is bigger than the game or our great club.

Rant over.
Not hard to believe,he did it already with Dan Hunt.

monsterkev

Juniors
weve been losers for the last 6 years its frustrating
i just want the season to finish dont think i will watch next year
bring on the cricket

Walpole

Juniors
weve been losers for the last 6 years its frustrating
i just want the season to finish dont think i will watch next year
bring on the cricket
Jeez, "bring on the cricket"? Times are desperate! :wink:
Hard to be too critical of the GC. This year alone they've picked up McQueen, Peats, Hurrell and Hayne (+ others I've probably forgotten) after losing Roberts and Cherry Evans and are likely headed to the semis. Never thought we'd be looking up to the Gold Coast as a better run club.

rasaint

Juniors
Still guys it comes down to largely the $. It seems the Gold Coast have been able to ramp up the 3rd party deals. I believe that is big issue for the dragons. The top clubs now in the comp are offsetting the cap limits and well that's life. In our Saints heyday we were able to spend big. Our highest earner is Dugan ( very overpaid for what he offers at a reported $700k). Hayne to Titans at $1.2 mill but large 3rd party offsets? Done and dusted.

We owe the NRL $ millions and no relief in sight. I'd throw $500 into a crowd funding pot if it was allowed under cap rules. I reckon we could raise a $500k amongst supporters.

OzDragon

Coach
Jeez, "bring on the cricket"? Times are desperate! :wink:
Hard to be too critical of the GC. This year alone they've picked up McQueen, Peats, Hurrell and Hayne (+ others I've probably forgotten) after losing Roberts and Cherry Evans and are likely headed to the semis. Never thought we'd be looking up to the Gold Coast as a better run club.
Don't forget the help they've had from the NRL and MRC...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Sadly, the Dragons are 'coached' by an individual who said the following after the last game against Newcastle in 2014.

"It was impossible to motivate the side".

I agree with the original statement that "every game matters".

It would seem Paul McGregor holds a 'laissez faire" attitude.

Latest posts