What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Seating

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm getting way ahead of myself on this one, I know, but if the previously unthinkable happens and the mighty Raiders win through to the Grand Final it's going to become a mad scramble to get a decent ticket. I've been to the shitty Olympic stadium once for an origin game and would rather watch on a black and white TV than sit in the far flung corners again. As such, I'm after advice on where the good angles are based on tickets that are available:

I'm thinking that shooting for tickets in 625 or 626 could be good - but are they too high to get the real experience? Alternatively is 114 or 124 close enough to the action, or is it actually a long way back?

Capture2016.jpg

yobbo84

First Grade
Lower bowl - anywhere in the lower bowl. You want to be able to run down to the fence at fulltime when the pandemonium begins.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I sat in a similar spot to 626 for the 2007 Grand Final and remember thinking it was pretty far away. Wasn’t too bad though.

But for this game I’ve just gone the cheap and jammed myself in to the corner (145). Tickets are much more expensive than the last time I went to the GF.

moffla

Bench
Get lower levels for sure. Never sat anywhere else at ANZ tbh.

I'm waiting until/if we make it to get my ticket - I'll just get the standard one behind the goals with my membership allocation

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I've had seats from all over and the top tier around 625 or 626 is still not bad - close to halfway and a great place for a birds eye view. I had binocs so I could easily get a closer look as well.

Yeah it’s a great day out. I don’t get people who try and offload their tickets if their team doesn’t make it.

I did it once, in 2013. I had a mental breakdown after we lost to Manly in the prelim so I sold them to a Roosters mate who took his grandson and they had the day of their lives.

Other than that...what's not to like seeing teams win the GF?!

If the raiders make it the NRL will release tickets that are not currently available in the lower bowl.

Hang out for those.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm getting way ahead of myself on this one, I know, but if the previously unthinkable happens and the mighty Raiders win through to the Grand Final it's going to become a mad scramble to get a decent ticket. I've been to the shitty Olympic stadium once for an origin game and would rather watch on a black and white TV than sit in the far flung corners again. As such, I'm after advice on where the good angles are based on tickets that are available:

I'm thinking that shooting for tickets in 625 or 626 could be good - but are they too high to get the real experience? Alternatively is 114 or 124 close enough to the action, or is it actually a long way back?

Capture2016.jpg

Mate as a fan who's been lucky enough to watch their team live in a GF my advice would be wait til the raiders supporter bay is allocated and get seats there. A not as good view surrounded by your own supporters will be better then a a great view around neutrals or sharks/cowboys fans.

simmo1

First Grade
I'd definitely go 114/124 over 624/625. Anywhere in those top tiers and you can barely make out the players.

Danish

Referee
I did it once, in 2013. I had a mental breakdown after we lost to Manly in the prelim so I sold them to a Roosters mate who took his grandson and they had the day of their lives.

Other than that...what's not to like seeing teams win the GF?!

I did the same thing once we lost in 2014. No f**king way was I sitting through that bunnies love in. Sold them the Sunday before the grand final to a souths fan who took his 2 sons and father.

I actually would rather everyone sell their tickets to a fan of one of the teams competing on the day. A stadium filled with neutrals is not fitting for the GF, becomes too much like the Super Bowl in the US which is basically just a golf clapping corporate affair.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The best seat is in front of the TV not paying for overpriced half strength beer and spirits!

If you have to go, lower bowl between the 22's is probably the least awful considering it is ANZ.

rupertpupkin

Juniors

Capture2016.jpg
It's a s***** venue no matter where you are, but right down the front on the halfway isn't vomit. However that costs lotsa $$$ and will go quickly. Of the bays you're thinking of... forget the upper rear decks. It's like watching ants in your backyard from your 2nd story bedroom window.

124 and 114 are a decent compromise between view and $$$. They're actually better views than the price would have you believe... particularly if you can snag the lower bay. Those corner lowers are pretty decent, for what you're forking out. Not as good as the lower sideline bays, but a lot better than anywhere behind the goalposts or up in the decks. Again, this is relative to the overall crappiness of the whole joint, but those lower corners are ok for the bucks. If you can't get the lowers, go for the uppers, but, get seats as close as you can to the lowers. Up the back is pretty meh.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Just a warning for you Paullyboy, there may be some NZ'ers there. Just thought I'd give you the heads up because I know you're not a real big fan of brown people.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Capture2016.jpg

The whole place is pretty average. But! Sideline level one is a must. Centreline 400s are tolerable, 600s are literally woeful.

Latest posts