What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sporting year (or so !) of fairy tale finishes to favour Sharks ???

The Partisan

In the 12 or so months we've seen...

• Leicester City be absolute shock winners of the English Premier League
  • Cleveland Cavaliers bring home a NBL title .....to a USA town who not seen a title in any sport for decades
  • Portugal finally win the European Championships after a series of close calls with losses in finals and semis
  • Hull FC win at Wembley ...for the first time ....to win the Rugby League Challenge Cup
Plus other examples unknown to me .....

Are these omens for the NRL GF ????

Until this week I thought the Sharks had killed their chance to be the NRL darlings and get the leg up to the title like Souffs and Cowboys have the past two years because of the peptides.

But after tonight with the emotion and the crowd I reckon they might just sway old Greentard and co and they might end up on the bandwagon. If that's the case, drought over.

Charlie124

First Grade
Until this week I thought the Sharks had killed their chance to be the NRL darlings and get the leg up to the title like Souffs and Cowboys have the past two years because of the peptides.

But after tonight with the emotion and the crowd I reckon they might just sway old Greentard and co and they might end up on the bandwagon. If that's the case, drought over.

Im sorry, what?

TheDalek079

Bench
The Cavs are in the NBA; not the NBL.

Also, the Hurricanes won a super rugby title for the first time in their history

davi

Juniors
Peter Sterling made a great point. When he won his first premiership with Parramatta it was also the clubs first one as well and he said it's the most special for the club.

Someguy

First Grade

Silly Gallen didn't announce his retirement at the end of the year, maybe we can make it next year. Build it up all year and have the sharks play every Friday slot that the Broncos don't take, for every game that doesn't involve the sharks 9 can devote a minimum 5 minutes to feature something about Gallen (think Sam burgees in Souths premiership year), 9 news can throw in a good news story about a sharks player every week and also lots of piggy back penalties

Mikehnz

Juniors
Sharks & Cubs good chances to win their respective titles..
Watch out, next the Oakland Raiders will make the Superbowl, ha.

Raiderdave

First Grade
If it couldn't.be my mob in there

Then I'm glad it's the Sharks looking for their first title. Adds enormous feel & emotion to the day & for neutrals like me will make it much more enjoyable.

I've watched 24 grand finals live

This is the first Cronulla have played in.

Card Shark

Immortal
Bit like Friday might footy Dave, we never play in them.

The Cowboys game was the first for the year.

Suck a dick channel 9!

Card Shark

Immortal
Up here in Newcastle in the real NRL, Souths won their first title in 28 years last week. A long drought in a relatively small comp.

Knocked over the Wests maggots....they are a bit like the storm tbh.

JamesRustle

First Grade
If it couldn't.be my mob in there

Then I'm glad it's the Sharks looking for their first title. Adds enormous feel & emotion to the day & for neutrals like me will make it much more enjoyable.

I've watched 24 grand finals live

This is the first Cronulla have played in.
Obviously not 24 consecutive... surely you watch the SL version.

Latest posts