What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maloney

snout

First Grade
When we bought this guy we got a hellavu lot more than a good footy player.

The old saying if you want be successful, surround yourself with successful people is so true.

A couple stories in the RLW.
One in which Lewis tells how they gathered behind the tryline after Storm took the lead. Lewis says he thought "This cant be happening." He then credits Maloney solely with being the guy who spoke up and got in their heads. Lewie said waht Maloney said was the difference bewteen trotting back to the halfway heads down or going on to win.

The other story is from James himself where he relates how he said to the guys before the game "We will decide the result."
What an attitude.

No coincidence success follows this guy around. Without doubt - if he doesnt come to the Sharks Harold doesnt come home.
We need to stitch him up long term.

Another touching piece in the RLW from founding editor Geoff Prenter who pays homage to us.
Respect.

They dumped him for Jackson Hastings.

Following year Maloney gets Dally M 5/8 of the year and now they are shopping Hastings around.

Politis must be shaking his head in disbelief.

taipan

Referee
Think we should have each year a Rooster's appreciation round,for charitable contributions to clubs.

millersnose

Post Whore
Frankly I recon part A of the recruitment over the last few years - ennis- was the best
Those two along with the emergence of prior and barbs was the catalyst for the premiership
We needed all four to fire and they did
The continued great form of Fifita was necessary also

millersnose

Post Whore
Yeah from November 1st this year its going to be bedlam for us.
As I understand it this is the situation for most clubs as the timeframe for the current cap expires

It may well be an excellent opportunity for recruitment particularly given the Sharks have a number of high paid players retiring freeing up space

shaggs

Coach
There will be a lot of players holding out in contracts until they decide how much the cap will be. No one wants to sign when the cap is 6.4mil, then increased to 7 (or whatever it currently is)

You'd hate to be Holmes resigning under the old cap then a week later, feki signs under the new cap for example.

Card Shark

Immortal
Now's the time to sign / re-sign players - playing for a winner is worth taking a pay cut for, especially when 1/2 the difference would go to tax for these blokes anyway.

chewsta

First Grade
When we were trying to sign DCE and then Maloneys name was thrown around with the likes of Hodgkinson, Sezer etc. I admit i wasn't real interested in Maloney at the time, kind of like i was when we announced the signing of Ennis. All I can say now is....

Thank f**k im not in charge of recruitment!!!!

EASILY, two of my favourite players! Of which i have 17 of the merkins!

I'm not sure about Gorman.
My memory says he originally signed on for 4 years?
He'd be coming up to two years now wouldn't he?